What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018-2019 MBB Coaching Carousel

Pitino would win anywhere. But in general terms, UCLA has been much more successful when they've hired old school type coaches who aren't all that interested in the limelight.
I just feel that UCLA needs a guy who is willing to bend the rules and do whatever he needs to in order to win games.

UCLA is exactly the program that shouldn't need a guy like that. That list is very very very short, and UCLA is on it.
They shouldn’t, but they think they do.

UCLA has a world class inferiority complex vis a vis USC. They are desperate to exceed USC and having Enfield enjoy some success across town is pure torture for them.

I love how Nebraska is always inflated in the preseason to sell more magazines & get more clicks from the legions of dumb Nub fans. Then, after the actual season falls disastrously short of the expectations, Nub nation demands that heads roll and they add millions more to their ex-coach dead money.

Holy crap. I can't believe that St. Joe's fired Phil Martelli. Guy has been coaching there longer than half of Allbuffs has been alive. Always a really strong x's and o's coach who got a lot out of his teams there.

Holy crap. I can't believe that St. Joe's fired Phil Martelli. Guy has been coaching there longer than half of Allbuffs has been alive. Always a really strong x's and o's coach who got a lot out of his teams there.
Tad could use a new assistant... just saying (I know its not happening)

They had really underachieved (IMO) to their talent level lately though. It's still a surprise, but I'm not sure it's undeserved.

Phil could never really get back that excitement he had there at that one point. He's also getting up there.

Here's a good one. Wofford has an enrollment of 1,500. That's amazing to me. I mean community colleges have more people. For perspective Seton Hall, which is basically a commuter school, has round 6K. How are you ranked with an enrollment of 1,500. That's not even really a college IMO.

Phil could never really get back that excitement he had there at that one point. He's also getting up there.

Here's a good one. Wofford has an enrollment of 1,500. That's amazing to me. I mean community colleges have more people. For perspective Seton Hall, which is basically a commuter school, has round 6K. How are you ranked with an enrollment of 1,500. That's not even really a college IMO.

Yeah, Arizona State does have like 80,000 students.

They had really underachieved (IMO) to their talent level lately though. It's still a surprise, but I'm not sure it's undeserved.
2 injury plagued seasons followed by a year they underachieved. We've seen the same with Tad. Sometimes you just have to get things re-charged with a new group of recruits because the last big group didn't pan out. All their seniors got passed on the depth chart by freshmen and sophomores this year.

Anyway, Martelli is the face of St. Joseph's. Feels like something besides a disappointing 3-year stretch is at play.

Back