What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018-2019 MBB Coaching Carousel

I'm not sure that makes the Pac-12 stronger. Unless we go with Cal becoming mediocre is an improvement. Fox looks like he can deliver mediocrity and have Cal looking at NIT or CBI type seasons.

Yeah. He won't be a disaster. But that definitely does not move the needle. 55% winning percentage at Georgia over 9 years.

LOL. I guess Cal has decided to not try.

giphy.gif

*sighs and exhales deeply in depressed resignation

It was a great run for VA Tech while his tenure lasted. But between his interest in keeping things fresh by not staying in a place too long and the fact that aTm will pay what it needs to in order to get its guy, Buzz is gonna be an Aggie.

*sighs and exhales deeply in depressed resignation

Early on Saturday, CBS Sports college basketball insider Jon Rothstein reported that Texas A&M was prepared to offer Williams a multi-year contract worth $3.5 million per season. That would be a pay bump of almost $1 million per year for Williams, who Rothstein says is the Aggies’ only target to be their next head coach. That deal would be a homecoming of sorts for Williams, who was an assistant coach at Texas A&M from 2004 to 2006.

On Saturday morning, Yahoo! Sports asked Williams about this speculation, and he didn’t have much to say. Per Pete Thamel, Williams “declined to answer” when asked if he’d be back to coach the Hokies for the 2019-20 season. Williams was asked if he would like to affirm that he would be at Virginia Tech, and he didn’t exactly do that.

*orders another drink, sobbing

It was a great run for VA Tech while his tenure lasted. But between his interest in keeping things fresh by not staying in a place too long and the fact that aTm will pay what it needs to in order to get its guy, Buzz is gonna be an Aggie.

Yea he brought VT out of the dregs of college basketball and took them to 3 straight tournaments with a Sweet 16. For a school without much of a basketball tradition can't complain about that.

Yea he brought VT out of the dregs of college basketball and took them to 3 straight tournaments with a Sweet 16. For a school without much of a basketball tradition can't complain about that.
Not complaining, but A&M isn't known as a traditional hoops powerhouse either, and it's embarrassing for an ACC school to lose a coach to any other conference.

It is what it is

We need a @leftybuff version for the MBB carousel, somebody to chew-up all the HC coaching movements, then spit it back out in our collective mouths - just like a mama bird would. That sort of endeavor is well outside of my wheel-house though. I'm good for just maybe a 1/4 ass attempt, so just as a starting point.........
Open Jobs:
UCLA: S Alford out, rumored candidates Purdue HC Painter (h/t Buffnik), Virginia HC, Tony Bennett, insert any other hot name
VANDY: B Drew out,
BYU: Dave Rose hangs it up,
Texas A&M: Billy Kennedy out after 8 seasons....as a side note: our very own Tad was allegedly their first choice the last time out, Buzz Williams is rumored as next HC (h/t Hokkiehead)
ARKANSAS: Mike Anderson out

Filled:
BAMA: Avery Johnson Out , FHC Buffalo Nate Oats takes over
NUBS: T Miles Out, FHC Chicago Bulls & Iowa State Fred Hoilberg In
CAL: W Jones Out, FHC Georgia Mark Fox In

Secondary Markets:
NEVADA: Cal hires way HC Mark Fox
BUFFALO: Oats off to Lincoln

Last edited:
We need a @leftybuff version for the MBB carousel, somebody to chew-up all the HC coaching movements, then spit it back out in our collective mouths - just like a mama bird would. That sort of endeavor is well outside of my wheel-house though. I'm good for just maybe a 1/4 ass attempt, so just as a starting point.........
Open Jobs:
UCLA: S Alford out, rumored candidates Purdue HC Painter (h/t Buffnik), Virginia HC, Tony Bennett, insert any other hot name
VANDY: B Drew out,
BYU: Dave Rose hangs it up,
Texas A&M: Billy Kennedy out after 8 seasons....as a side note: our very own Tad was allegedly their first choice the last time out, Buzz Williams is rumored as next HC (h/t Hokkiehead)
ARKANSAS: Mike Anderson out

Filled:
BAMA: Avery Johnson Out , FHC Buffalo Nate Oats takes over
NUBS: T Miles Out, FHC Chicago Bulls & Iowa State Fred Hoilberg In
CAL: W Jones Out, FHC Nevada/Georgia Mark Fox In

Secondary Markets:
NEVADA: Cal hires way HC Mark Fox
BUFFALO: Oats off to Lincoln

Mark Fox had been at Georgia for 9 years. He was unemployed this season. Musselman is still the coach at Nevada... for now, he is a name that has been floated for UCLA.

i'm hearing VT is looking to go back to Marquette for our next coach

I always thought it was a odd move to go to TCU

It's his alma mater and Pitt treated him like ****.

Honestly, damn good hire for UCLA. Dixon's gonna be good there. I was hoping he'd decide to stay home and they'd get Cronin or Earl Watson, but it is what it is. Now we'll just have to kick their ass too.

It's his alma mater and Pitt treated him like ****.

Honestly, damn good hire for UCLA. Dixon's gonna be good there. I was hoping he'd decide to stay home and they'd get Cronin or Earl Watson, but it is what it is. Now we'll just have to kick their ass too.

He's a Ben Howland disciple (who frankly UCLA should have never fired-especially given the fact that they're replacing the guy who took over for Howland with the dude who replaced Howland at Pitt) and we know that style of ball can do well there. Dixon will win there-he's too good of a basketball coach not to. Bad news for the rest of the league.

He's a Ben Howland disciple (who frankly UCLA should have never fired-especially given the fact that they're replacing the guy who took over for Howland with the dude who replaced Howland at Pitt) and we know that style of ball can do well there. Dixon will win there-he's too good of a basketball coach not to. Bad news for the rest of the league.

Was talking to a buddy about this this morning and he directly brought up the Howland hire. "He's a less good Howland that won't piss off the AAU teams". It's still amazing to me UCLA dumped him. I mean, I get it, but man... was that stupid. I forgot how impressive his start at UCLA was. 3 consecutive Final Fours and he's gone less than a decade later.

All that said, props to UCLA. They did better than I thought they would with the hire. At the very least, UCLA will now be competitive - until their boosters interfere again.

Was talking to a buddy about this this morning and he directly brought up the Howland hire. "He's a less good Howland that won't piss off the AAU teams". It's still amazing to me UCLA dumped him. I mean, I get it, but man... was that stupid. I forgot how impressive his start at UCLA was. 3 consecutive Final Fours and he's gone less than a decade later.

All that said, props to UCLA. They did better than I thought they would with the hire. At the very least, UCLA will now be competitive - until their boosters interfere again.
Just seems like the coach that they needed. Obviously Bennett would have been a home run guy but UCLA got a coach that elevates the talent you have on the roster. If you have a coach like that at UCLA, you should win the conference more years than not.

Just seems like the coach that they needed. Obviously Bennett would have been a home run guy but UCLA got a coach that elevates the talent you have on the roster. If you have a coach like that at UCLA, you should win the conference more years than not.

Still nothing from UCLA.....and Dixon hiring Duane Broussard (formerly of UCLA) to join his TCU staff is.....curious.

Back