What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 Buffs Football hype thread

Perhaps getting KD Nixon was key to getting Shenault Jr as well...I don't follow recruiting like some others do.

No. I took it that they are both head coaches.
he explicitly posted "fellow Colorado head coach" (emphasis added). I'm not clear how that is suppossed to mean anything other than both being head coaches at Colorado. it could mean they are both head coaches of different sports, but that statement makes no sense if they're head coaches at different universities, or if they're not both head coaches.

42BFDCAB-19F9-4501-B839-8685F50CD558.png
he explicitly posted "fellow Colorado head coach" (emphasis added). I'm not clear how that is suppossed to mean anything other than both being head coaches at Colorado. it could mean they are both head coaches of different sports, but that statement makes no sense if they're head coaches at different universities, or if they're not both head coaches.
I read it as he was stating it was a fellow head coach from Colorado. Look at his other tweets. They are the same.

Or he’s excited that it was a fellow Clevelander.

View attachment 29641
I read it as he was stating it was a fellow head coach from Colorado. Look at his other tweets. They are the same.

Or he’s excited that it was a fellow Clevelander.
ok, I definitely didn't get that in context of an HCMT reference (not familiar with his other tweets). what is he head coach of (his wiki page and his linkedin page don't give any info on that)?

ok, I definitely didn't get that in context of an HCMT reference (not familiar with his other tweets). what is he head coach of (his wiki page and his linkedin page don't give any info on that)?
May have been one previously. They always go by Head Coach after.

...They always go by Head Coach after.
really? like Mike MacIntyre still calls himself 'head coach'? not calling you a liar, but that doesn't sound right to me.

beyond that, 'fellow <whatever>' typically implies current state.

really? like Mike MacIntyre still calls himself 'head coach'? not calling you a liar, but that doesn't sound right to me.

beyond that, 'fellow <whatever>' typically implies current state.
I’ve seen it. I’m sure Mike Shannahan still does. Maybe if his last job was HC. But it really doesn’t mean **** and you are reading too much into it.

I’ve seen it. I’m sure Mike Shannahan still does. Maybe if his last job was HC. But it really doesn’t mean **** and you are reading too much into it.
it means that Steele guy is trying to make himself seem more credible than he really is and that behavior deserves to be called out. but yeah, I've given this more thought than it deserves. (y)

I think he goofed on the fellow Colorado part, and meant it only for the fellow Clevelander part. Put it twice but meant it only for the fact they both are from Cleveland. He didn’t use fellow for any other coach’s tweet thanking them and we know he wasn’t a coach here at Colorado.

Just an error is all.

Going through security at Sky Harbor I went through the scanner. The lady asked me to step ahead and see the agent. I was wearing my CU shirt. The guy looked at me and said, “Go ahead. I ain’t touchin’ No CU shirt!” Haha.
TSA. Protecting America’s skies.

Caffeine didn't kick in when I posted and that was meant for the Husker hate thread. Many apologies!

Who does anyone think will be the #1 RB when Ralphie leads the team onto the field at Mile High Stadium?

Who does anyone think will be the #1 RB when Ralphie leads the team onto the field at Mile High Stadium?
Barring injury, I think it's likely that Fontenot gets the first carry of the season for CU, followed by Smith and then Mangham. None of them seemed to really separate from one another, but maybe that will change come Fall camp now that they've all been in the offense for a Spring/Summer.

Back