What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 NCAA Tournament Thread

The PAC-12 conference schools do have a lot of talent on their campuses. It doesn’t manifest itself into wins in basketball.
I agree there is a lot of individual talent on the PAC12 teams. But none of them can put it together which in my opinion means it is not one of the more talented conferences. A talented conference means quality play and quality teams, not just quality individual talent. PAC12 doesn't have quality basketball or quality teams.

The PAC-12 conference schools do have a lot of talent on their campuses. It doesn’t manifest itself into wins in basketball.
From a draft pick perspective (football too), the talent is right there. I think the real problem is investment in the programs. Not only because conference revenues are a bit lower - probably donations & ticket sales, too -- but also because being the "Conference of Champions" means that Pac-12 schools are also investing a higher percentage of time, energy and money into the non-revenue sports on their campuses.

I agree there is a lot of individual talent on the PAC12 teams. But none of them can put it together which in my opinion means it is not one of the more talented conferences. A talented conference means quality play and quality teams, not just quality individual talent. PAC12 doesn't have quality basketball or quality teams.

I was making a joke about the number of attractive girls on P12 campuses. But, I agree with you that P12 teams lately have been dreadful in creating the cohesion needed to win big games.

I was making a joke about the number of attractive girls on P12 campuses. But, I agree with you that P12 teams lately have been dreadful in creating the cohesion needed to win big games.
200.webp

You could have hit me with that one and I would have understood. Well played.

LSU looking good today overpowering Yale.

Halftime's over in the Minnesota-Louisville game, so just swished back. Pitino is the story here, but the game itself is one of the better matchups of this round. Should be a good last 18 minutes (Gophers up 5 right now).

Come on, NM State. Need a win over Auburn today. Aggies were my big Cinderella pick this year. I've got them in the Elite 8.

Minny up by 16 on Louisville. Gophers playing some tough D and the Cardinals have gone cold.

I'm talking about individual talent. There's way more pro prospects in the Pac right now than say the B1G. It's not correlating with wins though.

I also think the narrative of P-12 basketball being poor is an overstated narrative.

I'm convinced the undercut by the Bradley player was intentional. Dude should be tossed.

The NCAA would like everyone to refrain from legally and illegally gambling on the most gambled upon sporting tournament...

My brother and his wife plan a trip to Vegas this weekend every year and literally spend half their time in the sports book. They're there right now.

He will text every now and then to see if I want to put money on something.

My brother and his wife plan a trip to Vegas this weekend every year and literally spend half their time in the sports book. They're there right now.

I did it for the first weekend of the tournament 6 years ago. Best Vegas trip I've had.

Holy ****. What an ending to the NMSU and Auburn game- a meltdown by Auburn but some good execution by NM state.

Apparently, the ncaa hates the revenues they get from all of the additional viewers who watch their games solely because of gambling.

Come on, NM State. Need a win over Auburn today. Aggies were my big Cinderella pick this year. I've got them in the Elite 8.

I had them winning two. Having a good free throw shooter miss 2/3 with 1.7 seconds left did them in. Even though they still got a decent shot off after. Airball.

Had Belmont in bracket and they goofed. So dumb to wait for last shot when down 1. And then to just turn it over. Ugh.

Back