What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 NCAA Tournament Thread

Feel pretty good about that Murray State +160 Money line bet.

Morant is terrific.

Would basketball be better or worse if travelling was actually called when a player takes 3 or more steps without dribbling?

Used to be an NBA problem, but it has found its way into the NCAA

Marquette willing to die on the hill where they hold Morant under 20 points but he may well reach 20 assists.

Would basketball be better or worse if travelling was actually called when a player takes 3 or more steps without dribbling?

Used to be an NBA problem, but it has found its way into the NCAA
A step and a jump stop isn't traveling.

They'll literally let you jump stop then pivot, now.

You can jump stop and then pivot. But the jump stop needs to be both feet touching down at the same time. The staggered jump stop is a travel. The staggered jump stop and then a pivot is even more of a travel. That’s shaqtin a fool level travel.

You can jump stop and then pivot. But the jump stop needs to be both feet touching down at the same time. The staggered jump stop is a travel. The staggered jump stop and then a pivot is even more of a travel. That’s shaqtin a fool level travel.
Well its not called anymore.

I'm curious what move you're complaining about. I haven't seen any obvious travels today.

most of my frustration comes with drives to the rim that clearly have 3 steps. Doesn't happen all the time, but enough to be noticed. Noticed one occasion during a game earlier today that made me think about it. It is like the officials are mesmerized by the action at the rim and lose track of their job. Also, a lot of 3 pt shooters in transition take an extra hop that should probably get called. I notice most when CU gives up a 3 pt shot in transition :whistle:

The officials seem to do a decent job at calling traveling when a player goes from stationary to moving and makes his initial move without releasing the ball for a dribble. Happens so fast, it is hard to see.

most of my frustration comes with drives to the rim that clearly have 3 steps. Doesn't happen all the time, but enough to be noticed. Noticed one occasion during a game earlier today that made me think about it. It is like the officials are mesmerized by the action at the rim and lose track of their job. Also, a lot of 3 pt shooters in transition take an extra hop that should probably get called. I notice most when CU gives up a 3 pt shot in transition :whistle:

The officials seem to do a decent job at calling traveling when a player goes from stationary to moving and makes his initial move without releasing the ball for a dribble. Happens so fast, it is hard to see.
The whole walking into a 3 pointer is essentially old hat now.

Old schoolers like my dad want it called traveling every time, but the traveling violation has essentially become, its not going to be called unless its painfully obvious or gives the offensive player a clear advantage.

Based on players I've watched this year, I would probably draft Ja Morant as the 2nd guy after Zion. He's on another level from other players.

Holy crap. I thought the Florida-Nevada game was over when UF was up 18 with the level of defense they play. Now up 2 but going to the line with 2:33 left.

The whole walking into a 3 pointer is essentially old hat now.

Old schoolers like my dad want it called traveling every time, but the traveling violation has essentially become, its not going to be called unless its painfully obvious or gives the offensive player a clear advantage.
Well, I guess breaking the rule, is a clear offensive advantage. I guess you would be in the "game is better with traveling not called by the rule" camp.

Well, I guess breaking the rule, is a clear offensive advantage. I guess you would be in the "game is better with traveling not called by the rule" camp.
Its in the same category of football officials calling holds that in no way affected the play.

I don't know what their upside is, but Villanova has just kept getting better all season long.

Nice win over St. Mary's.

Last edited:
Its in the same category of football officials calling holds that in no way affected the play.

But stepping into the three after you have the ball, while not dribbling, does effect the play. It gives a clear advantage to the shooter. It’s a travel. But nobody wants to see whistles every time down the floor, they want to see threes and high points. It’s a product of the game now. I blame commercials and smart phones. And the Ball family, just because.

I don't know what their upside is, but Villanova has just kept getting better all season long.

Nice win over St. Mary's.
Didn’t end up choosing it in the AllBuffs pool or my work pool, but I could see them getting elite 8 or better. I hope not since I chose Tennessee in the AllBuffs bracket because I just want to make fun of a Texas buddy for firing Rick Barnes.

But stepping into the three after you have the ball, while not dribbling, does effect the play. It gives a clear advantage to the shooter. It’s a travel. But nobody wants to see whistles every time down the floor, they want to see threes and high points. It’s a product of the game now. I blame commercials and smart phones. And the Ball family, just because.
IMO you get two steps without a dribble if your next action is a shot or pass.

Back