What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 NFL Draft Thread

Watching tape of Risner and Lindstrom paired up on the Right side of the line during the Senior Bowl makes me want the Broncos to make that a 1/2 combo. (if we were to trade down because I believe Risner is a mid to late 1st round pick.)

But how much does he fall because of his arm length?
Probably a little bit, but I think he still climbs his way into the late first round as a guy who can play just about anywhere. I think NFL coaches/GMs are starting wise up a little and stop putting so much emphasis on the prototype physical attributes and just go after guys who can play.

Last year we kept on hearing that Elway was really high on Josh Allen because they were seen scouting him a lot. The truth was the Broncos were doing their due diligence and had cooled on Allen and definitely were not all that interested in him. We keep hearing that none of the QBs in this draft would of made the top 4 in last years draft. I hope the Broncos continue to do their analysis of the QBs through the combine. You may have to reach for a QB at some time but not too much. You have to be convinced based upon objective evaluation that a player can be a quality NFL starter.

I hope at number 10 the Broncos have an opportunity to draft a quality player because other teams in front of them took QBs who may be a reach. If Haskins, Murray and Lock all go in the first 9 picks the Broncos may have a chance to get a top 5 prospect at #10.

Last year we kept on hearing that Elway was really high on Josh Allen because they were seen scouting him a lot. The truth was the Broncos were doing their due diligence and had cooled on Allen and definitely were not all that interested in him. We keep hearing that none of the QBs in this draft would of made the top 4 in last years draft. I hope the Broncos continue to do their analysis of the QBs through the combine. You may have to reach for a QB at some time but not too much. You have to be convinced based upon objective evaluation that a player can be a quality NFL starter.

I hope at number 10 the Broncos have an opportunity to draft a quality player because other teams in front of them took QBs who may be a reach. If Haskins, Murray and Lock all go in the first 9 picks the Broncos may have a chance to get a top 5 prospect at #10.
If those 3 are gone by 10, the Broncos should thank their lucky stars they get the chance to draft Jones, the best QB in the draft.

He had a disappointing senior season, in part due to injury and part due to overall bad play by the team. His junior year he showed a lot.

Between the senior bowl selection and the combine he should be able to impress some people with his physical skills. Also be able to prove to teams that he is 100% healthy and ready to contribute.

Big Al and DMac were entertaining the idea of trading up to 2 for Lock. Which is abso-f***ing-lutely absurd.

Can someone please hit these two in the head. If the Broncos didn't trade up sitting at 5 last year in a QB heavy draft and they trade up to 2 from 10 in a QB weak draft I am going to become a Chiefs fan. . . Ugh!

Big Al and DMac were entertaining the idea of trading up to 2 for Lock. Which is abso-f***ing-lutely absurd.

Can someone please hit these two in the head. If the Broncos didn't trade up sitting at 5 last year in a QB heavy draft and they trade up to 2 from 10 in a QB weak draft I am going to become a Chiefs fan. . . Ugh!

Their job is to throw crap against the wall and see who responds. They got your response.

If Elway would do that he does deserve to lose his job.

SIAP but Stephen A strikes again by demonstrating that he actually doesn’t watch the sports/teams/players he is tasked with discussing. Haskins averages like 4 rushing attempts for 8 yards per game and 27 passing attempts for 245 yards.

Stephen A. Smith is a pompous, douche bag, I have no idea why ESPN continues to employ him. Shock and awe factor I guess, he is one of the worst host’s I’ve ever seen anywhere. His opinions are just him yelling **** at people and saying nothing, I turn off the radio or TV when he comes on. I would say he’s the worst but Jemele Hill gets that title, thankfully ESPN wised up to her antics and behavior and booted her ass to the curb.

It’s awesome to see CU sending kids to the NFL. Hopefully we can use this in recruiting.

Is there any method to how combine invites go out? I would expect Drew Lewis to get one. And possibly jump into the draft based on his testing.

Is there any method to how combine invites go out? I would expect Drew Lewis to get one. And possibly jump into the draft based on his testing.

Basically a committee picks who gets invited. Committee made up of representatives from the scouting services and some PP people from individual teams.

Edit: I have a media clip from ESPN but it doesn't look like it wants to work for me.

I think the exact opposite.

I think they’re signaling how they feel about this collection of QBs in this class, Flacco is only 34. But I can see it both ways but I’m saying they aren’t drafting a QB because Elway never makes any sense. Also, why would you trade for Flacco to draft a QB and then cut Case? You could just suck with Case and save your pick. Who knows.

Back