What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 NIT thread

It's probably asking too much out of Norfolk State, but Alabama hasn't exactly been stellar down the stretch.

Would be nice to have another home game.

Yeah, it would be nice.

If parole tide wins I'm sure bama chuckie will be visiting AB again in full southern trollatude mode.

It's probably asking too much out of Norfolk State, but Alabama hasn't exactly been stellar down the stretch.

Agreed, but I'm having a hard time finding a scenario where Alabama doesn't win by double digits.

Schwartz is maybe the most improved played from beginning of the season to now. SO much more confident shooting, driving, you name it. Really excited to watch him next year.

Really like his length, you can see he's learning how to use it to his advantage. Great Game

And Kountz. He needs to be a little stronger next season but definitely shows the progress this season.
This can’t be. They’re in state guys and Colorado high schools suck at basketball. ;)

This can’t be. They’re in state guys and Colorado high schools suck at basketball. ;)
I'm all for local guys making it good. But competing against Dayton in the NIT is quite a long road away from competing against Ja Morant in the NCAA tournament (or Kentucky, Duke, UNC, Gonzaga, Tennessee, Michigan, Michigan State, Florida State (who has like 4 Tyler Beys by the way, with another on the way next year) et al). I think both of those guys are good players, and if they stay 4 years they may even be great players. To me it is generally just where they are as freshman when they show up, versus where many other freshman who play P5 basketball are.

But I guess that has been the Tad philosophy all along - get 3-4 year guys and let them develop. It is a good strategy (when you can't get top caliber recruits) as long as you don't miss too many times. Colorado players aside, the current iteration of this team should be solid contender for NCAA tournament the next two years.

I'm all for local guys making it good. But competing against Dayton in the NIT is quite a long road away from competing against Ja Morant in the NCAA tournament (or Kentucky, Duke, UNC, Gonzaga, Tennessee, Michigan, Michigan State, Florida State (who has like 4 Tyler Beys by the way, with another on the way next year) et al). I think both of those guys are good players, and if they stay 4 years they may even be great players. To me it is generally just where they are as freshman when they show up, versus where many other freshman who play P5 basketball are.

But I guess that has been the Tad philosophy all along - get 3-4 year guys and let them develop. It is a good strategy (when you can't get top caliber recruits) as long as you don't miss too many times. Colorado players aside, the current iteration of this team should be solid contender for NCAA tournament the next two years.
Murray State probably would've been in the NIT if they hadn't beaten Belmont in the Ohio Valley Championship. To say we're a "long road away" from competing against Murray State or Belmont is a reach. Competing against Duke, UNC, Gonzaga, etc. is a completely different story.

Murray State probably would've been in the NIT if they hadn't beaten Belmont in the Ohio Valley Championship. To say we're a "long road away" from competing against Murray State or Belmont is a reach. Competing against Duke, UNC, Gonzaga, etc. is a completely different story.

Disagree. Murray State at 27-4 (26-5 if they lose) with a top 3 NBA draft pick on the roster was probably getting in even if they lost to Belmont.

SchoolNETKenPom
Murray St4452
Washington4553
Seton Hall5756
Arizona State6362
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Disagree. Murray State at 27-4 (26-5 if they lose) with a top 3 NBA draft pick on the roster was probably getting in even if they lost to Belmont.

SchoolNETKenPom
Murray St4452
Washington4553
Seton Hall5756
Arizona State6362
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

College basketball is very different than college football. A school does not have to be a member of a big money power conference to compete in the top 25-50 schools in the country. Gonzaga is a perfect example for multiple years, Murray State is an example for this year.

To compete at a high level you don't have to go out and recruit 20-25 top players a year over time. Get one guy who is elite (NBA lottery type) another couple of upper level guys (end up playing on the end of an NBA bench or in top leagues overseas,) and 4-5 guys who are legitimate D1 players who fit your system and you have a real chance to do some damage. You don't even need an elite roster, just a few difference makers and some guys good enough compete.

SchoolNETKenPom
Murray St4452
Washington4553
Seton Hall5756
Arizona State6362
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Sure, it's all hypothetical. But why are you trying to put Murray St. in the same conversation as the blue bloods of college basketball? We could absolutely compete with them or Belmont.

Long athletic dudes, yes, but not one of their guys is a projected 1st rounder as far as I know.

Sure, it's all hypothetical. But why are you trying to put Murray St. in the same conversation as the blue bloods of college basketball? We could absolutely compete with them or Belmont.

I compared them to three low ranking teams that were at-large's - not "blue bloods".

From nobody recruiting him to top 3 prospect is pretty astronomical. That beats DWhite by a bit. But just a bit...

Last edited:
Big Man for Bama travels everytime he touches the ball and no call. Good to know the NIT uniformly has the D-Team crews working games.

How is Alabama a #1 seed in this tournament? Yikes. Dayton looked like a much better team.

Norfolk missed an open layup at the end of regulation.

Now in OT. 1:15 left, Bama ball, Norfolk up by 4.

Back