What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2019 NIT thread

This is some great trolling, right here:
raw

How is Alabama a #1 seed in this tournament? Yikes. Dayton looked like a much better team.
Not unusual to see teams like Alabama play poorly in the NIT.

They come from a high profile conference (even if it isn't known for great basketball) and were good enough that they think they should have been in the NCAA tourney. They show up but the players are not highly motivated or excited to be there.

Team like Dayton uses it to their advantage. They believe that they don't get respect because of their conference and want to show everyone that they should have been looked at for the big tourney. Not saying they should have been but in their minds they have been disrespected.

Not unusual to see teams like Alabama play poorly in the NIT.

They come from a high profile conference (even if it isn't known for great basketball) and were good enough that they think they should have been in the NCAA tourney. They show up but the players are not highly motivated or excited to be there.

Team like Dayton uses it to their advantage. They believe that they don't get respect because of their conference and want to show everyone that they should have been looked at for the big tourney. Not saying they should have been but in their minds they have been disrespected.
Well if they weren't before they are now

Murray State probably would've been in the NIT if they hadn't beaten Belmont in the Ohio Valley Championship. To say we're a "long road away" from competing against Murray State or Belmont is a reach. Competing against Duke, UNC, Gonzaga, etc. is a completely different story.
Clearly you have not watched Ja Moran play basketball. He is maybe a top 5 pick, probable top 10. He may be better than any player in Buffs history sans maybe Billups. And I'm pretty sure I didn't mention Belmont, although to be fair their best player is a more complete player than anyone on our team, and as a team we aren't in their league as a three point shooting team. But like I also said this team could be very good over the next two seasons .

Need to know game date and time. Told lady there were no more home games after USC. Dun goofed. Obviously the Score App is wrong..
View attachment 29237
Technically it's not a home game. The Buffs are the host site for a tournament game they're playing in. So don't let her try to tell you that you weren't right or that it has any bearing on your attendance.

Technically it's not a home game. The Buffs are the host site for a tournament game they're playing in. So don't let her try to tell you that you weren't right or that it has any bearing on your attendance.
Damn straight. If it's not on your season tickets it's not a home game. Sad to miss it

Yeah k thanks. I am perfectly fine justifying ****. Really just need to know when, so I can maneuver.

Clearly you have not watched Ja Moran play basketball. He is maybe a top 5 pick, probable top 10. He may be better than any player in Buffs history sans maybe Billups. And I'm pretty sure I didn't mention Belmont, although to be fair their best player is a more complete player than anyone on our team, and as a team we aren't in their league as a three point shooting team. But like I also said this team could be very good over the next two seasons .
Great job of evaluating by Murray State. But we're talking about a guy from nowhere South Carolina who had zero offers and was unrated on all sites. Would you have expected CU to recruit him?

That is a great point. What would White have been if went to CU for 3-4 years?
I'd have been apoplectic if Tad had recruited D White out of high school. I just wish he'd gotten to CU a year earlier (or the NCAA had waived the requirement for him to sit out a year instead of screwing him over).

I don't get the point you are trying to say here. Are you saying we should recruit more diamond in the rough?

Back to the NIT...

Sam Houston is another 8-1 potential upset to watch. Playing TCU, so not much travel and this is a program that's been winning a ton of games against a TCU that has to feel crazy disappointed & frustrated to not be in the Dance.

Sure, it's all hypothetical. But why are you trying to put Murray St. in the same conversation as the blue bloods of college basketball? We could absolutely compete with them or Belmont.
There are several mid majors every year, in my opinion, that are at the elite level bc they have a group of good players and one elite player. I think CU has been close on the good players, just have not had the elite one since Din and unfortunately he got injured. I don't think we have the elite guy on the roster, which will make it tough to compete with blue bloods or those hot mid majors that pop up every year.

So the game is tomorrow, but we don't what time?

Earliest the game will be is Saturday. Last year’s NIT had one second round game Saturday, a couple on Sunday and more on the following Monday. I’d assume that’s consistent with what this year will be.

Long athletic dudes, yes, but not one of their guys is a projected 1st rounder as far as I know.
Fair point, but wouldn't you agree that you put a number of factors on a sliding scale. Elite basketball talent, only a few get that. Elite athletes that play basketball a few more get those. We have Bey, Florida State has several of guys just like him. And they are bringing in Patrick Williams from West Charlotte next year. If you care and have time take a look at him and compare him to the Columbine kid we are getting the following year. Just not even close to the same player. I saw Williams, who is 6'8" reject Kofi Cochburn from Oak Hill Academy. Cochburn is going to Illinois I think and he is like 6'10" 290#, an absolute beast. Furthermore, Williams led a team with one other legit NCAA player to the state championship game in NC. That is a significant accomplishment.

I am pulling for CU of course, and Tad seems like a great guy. And I think his recruiting system works to a degree. He just needs to get that diamond in the rough to hit more regularly, or he needs to find higher profile players.

Big Dance is Thurs-Sun, can't imagine there'd be NIT games at the same time. Monday at the earliest I'd bet.

Spring Break at CU after Friday, so the student section will be a ghost town.

Big Dance is Thurs-Sun, can't imagine there'd be NIT games at the same time. Monday at the earliest I'd bet.
NIT 2nd round is 3/21 - 3/25. There will be overlap with the NCAA Tournament. Good news for NIT is they will have zero competition on ESPN, since the NCAA is all on CBS/TNT/TBS/TruTV

Back