What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

Just connected with somehow in the know - the Boulder Health gestapos will not even allow CU FB to practice in/near Denver and return to Boulder. Players can’t take a walk together and are utterly miserable.

Apparently, zero positive tests in the FB program. Appealing to reason is not working so far - some concern that CU will be able to play at all in 2020.

Did your brother's wife's aunt's cousin three times removed cut Jeff Zayach's hair last week or do you actually know someone?

Apparently, zero positive tests in the FB program. Appealing to reason is not working so far - some concern that CU will be able to play at all in 2020.
Oh? Really? Well ****, my sister that lives with two football players must be lying when she said I can't come visit her for two weeks since one of them tested positive a week ago. Man, everyone is in on this liberal conspiracy. Going so far as to tell family they can't come visit to push the... what do you call it? Progressive politics? Yeah eat a dick.

Oh? Really? Well ****, my sister that lives with two football players must be lying when she said I can't come visit her for two weeks since one of them tested positive a week ago. Man, everyone is in on this liberal conspiracy. Going so far as to tell family they can't come visit to push the... what do you call it? Progressive politics? Yeah eat a dick.

If was that’s the case, my info is wrong, and I am sorry I mentioned it.

I will have to discount future info received about positive tests from within the AD. My info is current, but it obviously conflicts with what you know to be the case.

Please feel free to PM me if you don't mind, but I'd love to hear what your wife would say. Because my dumbass GOP parents and I get into an argument about why it's worse than the flu ALL THE TIME. And the worst part is, dad is a MEDICAL DOCTOR and he is all high and mighty because they are "briefed" on the newest science regarding Covid every other week. I just want to be able to bring some new points into my discussion with them. So blinded by Trump loyalty and arrogance that the ****ing doctor downplays the severity. I hate you Trump, u orange ****

Hmmm. Not sure if Bread, or his medical doctor Dad, would have better information or better critical thinking skills on this matter.

That article has widely been discredited. I would lean more toward believing a journalist who has been at the forefront of covering the Pac-12 since the start, Jon Wilner. His facts and analysis have historically been on the money. He says no schools voted against, but he does cite 3 schools who where the last to go along, and they were UCLA, Cal and Stanford. Read his timeline of events and see if you think it looks to be believable.

That article has widely been discredited. I would lean more toward believing a journalist who has been at the forefront of covering the Pac-12 since the start, Jon Wilner. His facts and analysis have historically been on the money. He says no schools voted against, but he does cite 3 schools who where the last to go along, and they were UCLA, Cal and Stanford. Read his timeline of events and see if you think it looks to be believable.

Plus, if you click the link to the actual report, it contains an update:

UPDATE FRIDAY, 9/25: A Utah athletic spokesperson reached out to make this statement: "There is absolutely no truth to that report. It is incorrect."

When I made the crack about being out recruited by a furloughed staff it was a tongue-in-cheek shot at our recruiting. Not that I believed Utah had no staff doing recruiting.

He doesn't have to be great, but I don't understand why he deserves a pass no matter what.
A good OC can find ways to mitigate any of these issues. I'm actually excited to see what Chev can do the second time around. His O had potential and you saw that. The biggest problem to me was a lack of options, however; he didn't do himself a favor when that option went down or when all of the focus went there. He has more options (not a pure stud in Viska) and more of a competent o line. Will be interesting to see how he incorporates the TE as that is obvious from KD that it will be a focus of the offense.

How many years have I heard this refrain?
I can't remember ever hearing from MM that they would ever feature the TE. Ever. Last years staff did say they would use the TE more and they did.

Now, TE is still void of talent, but they did go find a couple transfers who can at least contribute some, so that does tell me that it should be used more than as an extra blocker. We shall see!

I can't remember ever hearing from MM that they would ever feature the TE. Ever. Last years staff did say they would use the TE more and they did.

Now, TE is still void of talent, but they did go find a couple transfers who can at least contribute some, so that does tell me that it should be used more than as an extra blocker. We shall see!
Over under for TE catches in 7 games: 26

We've seen a Chev offense not utilize tight ends at all. I'm taking the under for this year all day. Like Duff mentioned, it's a different story in 2021 but for 2020, no shot.

I'm gonna go over here. I think this offense in terms of what we do will look alot like last year did schematically.

We've seen a Chev offense not utilize tight ends at all. I'm taking the under for this year all day. Like Duff mentioned, it's a different story in 2021 but for 2020, no shot.
We shall see, history would tell you are right. I don't think they are paying lip service though. The talent is at least a little better

I'm gonna go over here. I think this offense in terms of what we do will look alot like last year did schematically.

Actually, I think that it will look different. I think that may be as much about using a young QB and utilizing the RBs than what Chiv may actually want to do in opening the offense up. I think KD will make it more conservative and they will run something in between his UCLA squad and where CU was the past two years. Also, not having a player like LaViska, I think will lead them to run fewer different sets, where they positioned LaViska all over the field. I hope that they get away from using so many position groups, however they should seek mismatches, if they can find one. Lastly, I think the offense may be more vanilla and the team will try to bet on their defense improving as a means to win games.

Back