What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

Fontenot is probably the best receiving rb CU has had in a while. Mangham is the better runner. Neither is a homerun threat from what we’ve seen. Clayton seems to have all of those qualities, so should know by the end of the year.

Won’t happen, but I would see if Mangham would try out ILB.
Nah. Lindsay was an incredible receiving RB

Fontenot seemed to have the better burst through the hole when it was there, but not a guy who was creating on his own. Mangham has more of the Le'Veon Bell style of running, IMO, where he is more patient, waits for things to develop and then hits the hole. I also feel like Mangham has the better break tackle ability.

We're also talking about a third year player vs a true freshman last year. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mangham continue to get better as he continues to develop

I agree with Gary and you. We have to remember that Mangham played as a true freshman. He should get bigger, stronger, and faster, plus with experience I'd expect him to improve. Clayton is a great recruit, but he will have to grow onto the field. Mangham's numbers dropped in conference play, however the running game overall was much less effective in conference play. It is never a bad thing to have 3 good running backs... Even if he slots in 3rd string, he is still one injury away.

I agree with Gary and you. We have to remember that Mangham played as a true freshman. He should get bigger, stronger, and faster, plus with experience I'd expect him to improve. Clayton is a great recruit, but he will have to grow onto the field. Mangham's numbers dropped in conference play, however the running game overall was much less effective in conference play. It is never a bad thing to have 3 good running backs... Even if he slots in 3rd string, he is still one injury away.
How was the running games less effective during conference play?

Sometime this week according to Wilner. I haven't seen anything more specific than that

giphy.gif

How was the running games less effective during conference play?

Per my recollection, someone can correct me if I am wrong, but the ypc went down; the RB production was down some, especially when LaViska was either running or out with an injury; and I think the 15+ yard carries were way down. AF did have a few good games, but I remember the execution with additional procedure or false start penalties. Also, the Buffs could not close out a couple of games in the 4Q, when they just needed a 1st down, and had a decent down and distance. In the two great home in-conference wins, the running game was better.

I've been away for awhile...who is this Clayton guy everybody is so high on?

He is a 4* out of LA. On paper, I think the best rb recruit CU has landed since Darrel Scott. He has both size and speed, not as big as Scott but plus size for a HS RB. He looks like he could be a home hitter with potential for longer open field runs. Also, he seems very excited with his shot to be the guy. IDK, how much they will use him this fall given the short season, but he looks to have serious upside. I'm sure we will see him some.

Per my recollection, someone can correct me if I am wrong, but the ypc went down; the RB production was down some, especially when LaViska was either running or out with an injury; and I think the 15+ yard carries were way down. AF did have a few good games, but I remember the execution with additional procedure or false start penalties. Also, the Buffs could not close out a couple of games in the 4Q, when they just needed a 1st down, and had a decent down and distance. In the two great home in-conference wins, the running game was better.
Not really, the run game was pretty consistent last year.

"Throughout our entire time together, we had not had one meal where we sat down together," Kelly said. "Everything was grab and go. We get into our game situation where we have pregame meal together, and that cost us. Big. We had somebody who was asymptomatic, and it spread like wildfire throughout our meeting area where we were eating and then it got guys in contact tracing."

Just in case anybody still believes the UCLA piece saying CU wasn't in favor of playing this whole time.

I hope Wilner is right it means there is some confidence going through our AD on playing. Whether or not that confidence is delusional or not is tbd.

Back