What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

I'll be curious to see if this theory comes to fruition.
Don't be surprised if CU's 'cross-over' game is on the road VS a 'contender'
I wouldn't expect seeing the Buffs at home VS Wazzu or OSU.
I’m all for favorable scheduling for those programs. The only reason there’s a season this year is because of money. The conference doing everything it can to ensure an undefeated conference champ should be done, and hopefully it’s two 6-0 teams playing in the CCG. Even then it probably won’t be enough to beat out a 1 loss SEC/BIG/OU/Texas

I’m all for favorable scheduling for those programs. The only reason there’s a season this year is because of money. The conference doing everything it can to ensure an undefeated conference champ should be done, and hopefully it’s two 6-0 teams playing in the CCG. Even then it probably won’t be enough to beat out a 1 loss SEC/BIG/OU/Texas

Depends on a lot of things. We did put ourselves at the mercy of obviously the virus and the ACC in particular right now because of our late start as a league. I personally think the Big 12 champ finishes 8-2, and I think the SEC will be lucky if they have more than 2 teams at 9-1 or better going into the SEC championship game. The ACC's the got the highest chance of 2 teams just because Miami and Notre Dame don't play. If we get a 7-0 champ, I think that team gets into the playoff. If that team runs the table but loses even one game to positive tests, its a different situation altogether.

Last edited:
Ok- at the risk of violating Allbuffs protocol, I don't get this one or the earlier Stefanou joke in the thread. Can someone help me out here?
The Boulder health order prohibited gatherings of people aged 18-22, presumably targeted a college kids but also impacting the football team’s ability to practice. Stefanou is 33 years old so it’s a joke about him being so old and the only one eligible to practice.

The Boulder health order prohibited gatherings of people aged 18-22, presumably targeted a college kids but also impacting the football team’s ability to practice. Stefanou is 33 years old so it’s a joke about him being so old and the only one eligible to practice.
I take it we haven't heard anything on the being able to practice front yet?

Doubt it. The day CA announced they would be lifting restrictions, Boulder County implemented even harsher restrictions on college aged kids. The People's Republic operates in its own world.
Maybe with the success they have had over the last week (only 5 new cases at CU yesterday) they would consider lifting the restrictions for the athletic department but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Maybe with the success they have had over the last week (only 5 new cases at CU yesterday) they would consider lifting the restrictions for the athletic department but I wouldn’t hold my breath.
Yeah, hopefully the daily testing and everything that should be in place soon will grant the AD some relaxed restrictions for training and practicing. I don't see how CU plays with the rest of the conference if Boulder County doesn't work with them

Yeah, hopefully the daily testing and everything that should be in place soon will grant the AD some relaxed restrictions for training and practicing. I don't see how CU plays with the rest of the conference if Boulder County doesn't work with them

Pretty easy. Practices at UNC even if UNC had a season this year. The Buffs & Bears can work out a deal for more future athletic contests between the two schools. That school is spoiled with the number of practice fields they have and was the Broncos summer camp home when UNC was D2. The Buffs can play at Mile High for home games. If not, there's still UNC's stadium even if it just holds 8,500 because it doesn't really matter much if people are going to be in the stands or not.

I'm not worried about CU not playing in Folsom Field because the Boulder County Health Department can be overruled if necessary. Isn't the CU campus technically state property? The state can tell Boulder County to take a hike in that case. I worked at the Denver Federal Center before COVID-19 and there are certain cases where the supremacy clause where Federal law reigns supreme over local laws so the same probably applies for the state versus Boulder County. Heck even Trump could get involved with a presidential order that threatens CU's federal funding and the County would lift those restrictions by the end of the day. Since Federal monies are involved, the Feds can get involved if necessary especially student financial aid. Boulder County will stand down when the time comes.

The truth is that evil progressive in Boulder and their quick actions have essentially blunted the latest outbreak, giving CU a chance to stay open and actually play football on October 8.

The progressive minions in Boulder could easily have made an exception for CU athletics, but chose not do so. The players have largely been kept safe in a bubble, and the bubble could have been tightened even further.

Thanks to this stupidity, players cannot participate in S&C in the two weeks immediately prior to the beginning of practice. This will likely lead to more injuries, but at least they won’t get COVID! It’s also another competitive disadvantage hoisted on the CU football.

Lastly, if the order is extended, how is CU supposed to proceed at that point?

This means the outbreak was never that serious to begin with.
images

Back