What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2020 CU football season POSTPONED until Nov 6th?

Would be amazing if the Pac 12 actually returned the play football this Fall sometime and the BIG didn't.
what we need to have happen (selfish view only, but it is football so I get to put aside my communist egalitarian tendencies) is for all the other seasons to be epic disasters of start/stop and then big stop while the P12 pulls this off.

I have to wonder about those who think a vaccine is the way out of this. Taking a vaccine for a virus that has a 99.7% survival rate probably isn’t the smartest move for anyone under the age of 60.

Lemmings.
???

people take vaccines for all sorts of diseases with high survival rates, such as Hepatitis, chicken pox, measles, and dare I say the flu. None of those were contagious enough to cripple the health care system.

So Larry Scott has said he wants alignment with the B1G on the football season to have "some traditional postseason opportunities" essentially the Rose Bowl. Wouldn't it be great though if the B1G and Pac 12 just decided to match every one up with their conference counterpoint (Pac 12 #1 plays B1G #1 in Rose Bowl, Pac 12 #7 plays B1G #7 in ____ bowl, etc.) The bottom two B1G teams would just play each other. It's already a screwed up season so why not have some fun with the finish.

I used ESPN's FPI (ranks in parentheses) to get an idea of potential matchups and just look who CU could play:
Oregon (8)OSU (2)
USC (13)Wisconsin (4)
Utah (24)Penn State (7)
Washington (28)Michigan (19)
Stanford (31)Iowa (22)
Cal (42)Indiana (23)
ASU (48)Northwestern (25)
UCLA (49)Minnesota (30)
Arizona (57)Nebraska (40)
Wazzu (58)Purdue (47)
OSU (70)Illinois (53)
Colorado (75)Michigan State (67)
Maryland (79)Rutgers (82)

Would be amazing if the Pac 12 actually returned the play football this Fall sometime and the BIG didn't.

But what about myocarditis? The Pac 12 needs to stay shut down until we have a vaccine that has been rushed through development. Then it will be perfectly safe to restart football.

Last edited:
So Larry Scott has said he wants alignment with the B1G on the football season to have "some traditional postseason opportunities" essentially the Rose Bowl. Wouldn't it be great though if the B1G and Pac 12 just decided to match every one up with their conference counterpoint (Pac 12 #1 plays B1G #1 in Rose Bowl, Pac 12 #7 plays B1G #7 in ____ bowl, etc.) The bottom two B1G teams would just play each other. It's already a screwed up season so why not have some fun with the finish.

I used ESPN's FPI (ranks in parentheses) to get an idea of potential matchups and just look who CU could play:
Oregon (8)OSU (2)
USC (13)Wisconsin (4)
Utah (24)Penn State (7)
Stanford (31)Iowa (22)
Cal (42)Indiana (23)
UCLA (49)Minnesota (30)
Arizona (57)****braska (40)
Wazzu (58)Purdue (47)
OSU (70)Illinois (53)
Yes, something like this would be ideal. A 9 game conference schedule, followed by 1 OOC game. The problem is tOSU has a Natty caliber team, so they likely aren't going to be in favor of something that excludes them from that

I actually think it would be cool to play a full 10 game conference season and those guys that are looking more towards the NFL don’t have to play down the stretch, it can be sort of a combo spring ball where you let your seniors show off for those nfl teams for half the year and then play more young guys the last 4 so get ready for fall 2021.

Yes, something like this would be ideal. A 9 game conference schedule, followed by 1 OOC game. The problem is tOSU has a Natty caliber team, so they likely aren't going to be in favor of something that excludes them from that
I would take anything at this point. Sounds like Northwestern and Rutgers are out no matter what, so you have 6 teams in each division of Big10 and P12.

Play a 5 game regular season schedule where you only play teams in your division. You could sell this as trying to keep things regional until we get our hands around this thing. Top 2 from each 4 divisions make an 8 team playoff. You could keep the conferences separate until the Rose Bowl if you wanted to ensure a Big10 and Pac team in the big game. #1 seed in P12 North plays #2 seed from P12 south, etc.. If not, just seed 1 to 8 and have at it.

Never gonna happen, but I am holding out hope for anything.

No way the B1G starts early enough to be in the playoff (IMO) so they have to hope for a split championship (AP and/or coaches vote for them somehow). The best way for that to happen would be have a marquee matchup (or playoff) at the end of the winter/spring season.

Oregon (8)OSU (2)
USC (13)Wisconsin (4)
Utah (24)Penn State (7)
Stanford (31)Iowa (22)
Cal (42)Indiana (23)
UCLA (49)Minnesota (30)
Wazzu (58)Purdue (47)
OSU (70)Illinois (53)
I really like this idea

Oregon (8)OSU (2)
USC (13)Wisconsin (4)
Utah (24)Penn State (7)
Stanford (31)Iowa (22)
Cal (42)Indiana (23)
UCLA (49)Minnesota (30)
Wazzu (58)Purdue (47)
OSU (70)Illinois (53)
If you go just by the FPI rankings, the PAC goes 0-12 in those matchups - ouch!

can anyone explain the justification behind the Cali health order preventing colleges from practicing football but not the NFL teams? LA is apparently having their camp on a public university campus?

google not immediately helping here.

others have the point -- few players with any prospect of being drafted are going to be willing to play Spring ball. Any idea how the Pac address that?

I'll perfectly enjoy watching walk-ons play each other and rooting for CU, but this is going to be a massive coaching and (mostly internal) recruiting challenge.

others have the point -- few players with any prospect of being drafted are going to be willing to play Spring ball. Any idea how the Pac address that?

I'll perfectly enjoy watching walk-ons play each other and rooting for CU, but this is going to be a massive coaching and (mostly internal) recruiting challenge.
One can only hope, considering CU has far fewer NFL draft hopefuls than many other Pac 12 teams.

Folks, this post can also fit into the general Covid19 posts, but I encountered the risk of infection from Covid19, just this past week, and what I learned was one simple thing. If there is not a Rapid test with results within 1-2 hours, then the whole damn thing is a joke and I know why we are where we are.

I worked in an area on a school opening project for my company last Thursday and was with two gentlemen from the place I was working for at least 3-4 hours. Ironically, before we started the work, both guys were TESTED FOR COVID 19 as a general precautionary effort to make sure that the school would be safe to open the following weeks.

Fast forward to Sunday and I am at a family gathering with multiple people from out of state, and although I wore my mask most of the time, there were times for photos and other times that it was off. My own 77-year old mother was there.

Now, I get a call on Tuesday from my customer, telling me they were delaying the school opening because the other guy that we were working with tested POSITIVE!!!!

Holy crap, if they were tested on Thursday and would have had 1-2 hour turn around, instead of the average 4-5 day turn around on certain tests, then my whole life would have been changed around, and sadly I would have either had to skip the family event or work a mask and isolated far away from the others, which would have been sad cause it was a special event for my mom.

So, now I am freaking out, and run out to get a Covid19 test for myself to see if I just infected my whole family. I chose to spend way more money for an instant test so that I could either rest easy or begin a process of telling everyone I care about that they may be infected and die because of me. Quick update, I was NEGATIVE Thank GOD!!! Not good for my mental health.

What Colorado is doing is the only way that there will ever be a solution to the Pandemic or even a chance for College Football. With all that in mind, I cannot see how there will be SEC or Big XII football in the next week or two!!! Crazy as hell.

Last edited:
can anyone explain the justification behind the Cali health order preventing colleges from practicing football but not the NFL teams? LA is apparently having their camp on a public university campus?

google not immediately helping here.
Schools in California are universally closed.

Who doesn’t play for Buffs?

Wish EEs were eligible.

Back