What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 MBB Recruit Profile Index

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
PositionNameState247sESPNRivalsCompositeOfferCommitment
SFQuincy AllenDC4*4*4*4* - 0.9688YCOLORADO
PFObinna AnyanwuCA4*4*4*4* - 0.9685Ycal
CGAdama BalFRNRNRNRunratedY
SGTamar BatesFL4*NR4*4* - 0.9609Y
PGAngelo BrizziVA3*NR4*3* - 0.9261Yvillanova
GMason Faulkner (TNFR)NCNRNRNRunratedYCOLORADO
SGJosh GiddeyAUNRNRNRunratedYPro
PGJulian HammondCO3*NR3*3* - 0.8779COLORADO
CLawson LoveringWY4*4*4*4* - 0.9783YCOLORADO
SGJahmai MashackCA4*NR4*4* - 0.9685Ytennessee
PGAlston MasonKSNRNR3*unratedoklahoma
PFMouhamed Lamine MbayeCONRNRNRunratedgeorge mason
CGJavon RuffinLA3*3*3*3* - 0.8886YCOLORADO
SGHunter SallisNE4*4*5*5* - 0.9921Y
PGIsael SilvaCA4*4*4*4* - 0.9870Ystanford
CGKJ Simpson JrCA4*4*4*4* - 0.9662Ycolorado
PGTyTy WashingtonAZ4*4*4*4* - 0.9882
SFJalen WeaverCO3*NR3*4* - 0.9488nevada
GShahada Wells (TNFR)TXNRNRNRunratedYtcu

2022 MBB Recruit Profile Index
2023 MBB Recruit Profile Index

Last edited by a moderator:
Per a Buffzone (Pat Rooney) article (http://www.buffzone.com/buffzonetopstories/ci_32458644/recruits-visiting-cu-basketball-this-weekend), 2021 Ty Robinson from Eaglecrest HS (Centennial CO) was (also***) visiting the Buffs this weekend for basketball purposes (listed as a wing in Maxpreps).
(***He already holds a Buff football offer (https://www.allbuffs.com/threads/21-co-wr-ty-robinson.137840/), and per that thread was also/ already visiting Boulder with some HS teammates for football's "junior day" held this weekend.)

From the article -

"
The Buffs are hosting two recruiting targets this weekend in 2020 guard Keshawn Williams from the Chicago area and 2021 guard Ty Robinson out of Eaglecrest High in Aurora.
Robinson is a 6-foot-4 sophomore guard at Eaglecrest who, through Friday, has averaged 12.4 points and 4.0 rebounds with a .453 shooting percentage, according to Eaglecrest's MaxPreps.com page. Robinson also is being looked at by the CU football program, and according to Rivals.com he already has been offered a scholarship as part of the 2021 football class. According to 247Sports.com, Robinson has football offers from CU and Wyoming.
"

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/ty-robinson/F-di1dMcEeeT-Oz0u-e-FA/gendersport/basketball-stats.htm
(Probably the stat that stands out to me is he's shooting 47% (28 out of 60) from 3-land.)

http://ww.hudl.com/profile/10569610/Ty-Robinson

Last edited:
"Lawson Lovering, a 2021 7-foot prospect out of Cheyenne, is scheduled to visit CU in three weeks during the weekend of the USC football game" Intrasquad scrimmage another sep forward for Dallas Walton

From the BuffZone article on the scrimmage today.
Head coach Tad Boyle is likely to reevaluate the combinations on his deep roster throughout the preseason, but the first five for the Black team in the opening session — McKinley Wright, Tyler Bey, Evan Battey, Daylen Kountz, and D’Shawn Schwartz — had the feel of a potential starting group.

Gotta say. Siewert and Gatling coming off the bench as our first subs for frontcourt & backcourt is pretty damn strong. Particularly good since both are versatile enough to play 2 positions. Only place we may be a little thin is at the 3. If Schwartz is off the court, we'll either have to go big or play a 3G lineup.

Head coach Tad Boyle is likely to reevaluate the combinations on his deep roster throughout the preseason, but the first five for the Black team in the opening session — McKinley Wright, Tyler Bey, Evan Battey, Daylen Kountz, and D’Shawn Schwartz — had the feel of a potential starting group.

Gotta say. Siewert and Gatling coming off the bench as our first subs for frontcourt & backcourt is pretty damn strong. Particularly good since both are versatile enough to play 2 positions. Only place we may be a little thin is at the 3. If Schwartz is off the court, we'll either have to go big or play a 3G lineup.

I think Maddox can play the 3, but our big lineup with Walton at Center and Lucas as a strech 4 and Bey at the 3 sounds like a nightmare lineup for opposing teams to defend.

Granted i’m going off his juco highlights, but it seems like the only time Maddox is anything but a 3 is when we zone up.

Tante, your idea on the bigs combo is interesting because I think bey could be a lockdown perimeter defender too, assuming everyone else holds down the glass.

Reactions: wip
So according to Mr. Howell, in addition to Lovering this weekend, Obinna Anyanwu out of SD, CA is visiting this weekend. He's a 4 star, 6-7/215 guy ranked #77. GaTech, OU, Texas, Cal, Miami, and USC are some of his offers. He looks athletic in the highlight reels; would love to get him.

Lovering appears to be a multi talented offensive player with some decent mobility. And the clip is from his soph season so you'd expect he will get stronger and more athletic. Can't coach height as they say. Amazing how many big guys have 3pt shooting touch these days.

Josh's dad Warrick played 14 years for Melbourne United as well, before Nate.

American colleges have taken note of Giddey after a whirlwind 2019. His most recent offer came from Arizona, where fellow Australian Josh Green currently plays. Offers from St. John’s, Colorado, Rutgers and TCU are also on the table. In a July interview with 247 sports Giddey said he will “more than likely go to college”, but it may not be a sure thing.

The NBL is emerging as an alternative pathway for NBA draft prospects, especially with the advent of the new Next Stars program. R.J. Hampton and LaMelo Ball are two potential lottery picks recently recruited by the NBL. Following impressive preseason performances, both have seen their draft stock rise. Their outcomes in the 2020 draft, as well as those of past prospects such as Terrance Ferguson and Brian Bowen, may influence Giddey’s decision.

Last edited:
So according to Mr. Howell, in addition to Lovering this weekend, Obinna Anyanwu out of SD, CA is visiting this weekend. He's a 4 star, 6-7/215 guy ranked #77. GaTech, OU, Texas, Cal, Miami, and USC are some of his offers. He looks athletic in the highlight reels; would love to get him.

Thanks to Adam for the free article. There's nothing earthshattering in the article, but it's still great to see that we're still in on him. We need some perimeter length, and Anyanwu won't be able to help next year if Bey leaves early. Still, he's a good looking prospect.

So this kid Jaden Jones is starting to pick up steam. He has offers from many schools now, including AZ and others. He recently visited UK (no offer), and Mizzou, UT, and LSU are saying hi. I can't find anything recent for CU, but if Keith Miller continues to recruit like he did for football, who knows? I'm not holding my breath, but this may be someone to keep on your radars.

FWIW - I love the size of kids we're recruiting. I was getting concerned with how we were getting a lot of short combo guards (mainly Kountz and Parquet in the same class). I like the focus on longer perimeter players. Giddey, Jones, and Anyanwu are all listed at 6-7. This is a big recruiting class for us, so hope the staff fills it out well.

Last edited:
So this kid Jaden Jones is starting to pick up steam. He has offers from many schools now, including AZ and others. He recently visited UK (no offer), and Mizzou, UT, and LSU are saying hi. I can't find anything recent for CU, but if Keith Miller continues to recruit like he did for football, who knows? I'm not holding my breath, but this may be someone to keep on your radars.

FWIW - I love the size of kids we're recruiting. I was getting concerned with how we were getting a lot of short combo guards (mainly Kountz and Parquet in the same class). I like the focus on longer perimeter players. Giddey, Jones, and Anyanwu are all listed at 6-7. This is a big recruiting class for us, so hope the staff fills it out well.

Looks like he's chosen Rutgers.

Back