What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Official Fall Camp Thread

View attachment 46186
Drawing Motivation GIF

Never has a GIF been more appropriate.

I don’t meant to sound crazy or reactionary here, but it looks like Lewis is stepping into the pocket and throwing off his front foot.
Missed the sarcasm.

I looked up info about Green Valley Turf and found this comforting snippet:

What’s incredible is the root system. This stuff is knitted so well together with roots that you couldn’t tear it apart, unless you had super-human strength, like the Hulk. We all tried to rip it apart and our attempts were futile. When you put a 300 pound linebacker on it, he can’t rip it apart either, leading to great footing and excellent playability and safety.

This sod was grown for the Broncos. Just a few days after our tour in August, it was being trucked to Denver to replace the field after the Rolling Stones concert. The Broncos had a home game a couple days after the field was sodded.
300 lb linebacker? Who has one of those?

Listed at 6-feet, 195 pounds, Mott was a two-star recruit in 2019 coming out of St. Margaret’s Episcopal School in San Juan Capistrano, Calif. A multi-sport athlete, Mott threw for 1,923 yards and 25 touchdowns as a senior while earning league MVP honors.

In Mott’s final high school game, he threw two touchdown passes and helped the South team — coached by former CU tight end Sean Embree — to a win in the Orange County All-Star Classic.

Let's hope we never see him under center. No offense to the kid.

Listed at 6-feet, 195 pounds, Mott was a two-star recruit in 2019 coming out of St. Margaret’s Episcopal School in San Juan Capistrano, Calif. A multi-sport athlete, Mott threw for 1,923 yards and 25 touchdowns as a senior while earning league MVP honors.

In Mott’s final high school game, he threw two touchdown passes and helped the South team — coached by former CU tight end Sean Embree — to a win in the Orange County All-Star Classic.

Maybe it's time for another 2* diamond in the rough like we got with Rodney Stewart.

5. Colorado
Projected record:
4-8/2-7
Wins: vs. Northern Colorado, vs. Minnesota, vs. Arizona, vs. Washington
Losses: vs. Texas A&M, at Arizona State, vs. USC, at Cal, at Oregon, vs. Oregon State, at UCLA, at Utah
Comment: Starting in Week Two with the Aggies, the schedule is unrelenting — and the toll could linger through November. The quarterback situation is a massive concern following the injury to JT Shrout, with a starter (Brendon Lewis) who has thrown 10 career passes and only rookies behind him. Karl Dorrell’s steady hand was critical last year during the COVID disruption. We wonder if the scales don’t rebalance a bit in 2021, leaving CU on the wrong side of the breaks and the bounces. That said, we’re fully prepared to eat this prediction if the Buffs win seven or eight.

12-game schedule with glaring depth issues at QB and OT. What can go wrong?

Surely you haven't figured out the great mystery for having all of those TEs in camp? Just convert some of them to OT and tell them to eat like starving wolves at Furr's.

5. Colorado
Projected record:
4-8/2-7
Losses: vs. Texas A&M, at Arizona State, vs. USC, at Cal, at Oregon, vs. Oregon State, at UCLA, at Utah
Comment: Starting in Week Two with the Aggies, the schedule is unrelenting — and the toll could linger through November. The quarterback situation is a massive concern following the injury to JT Shrout, with a starter (Brendon Lewis) who has thrown 10 career passes and only rookies behind him. Karl Dorrell’s steady hand was critical last year during the COVID disruption. We wonder if the scales don’t rebalance a bit in 2021, leaving CU on the wrong side of the breaks and the bounces. That said, we’re fully prepared to eat this prediction if the Buffs win seven or eight.

Minnesota won't be easy at all. I almost think CU could lose to them but then beat OSU.

5. Colorado
Projected record:
4-8/2-7

Not quite sure od that preview when they have UW beating Michigan in Ann Arbor and then losing to CU at Boulder. Well, unless they are picking CU to be the team most likely to be schizophrenic.

How does ASU fit into that narrative?
Everything I've seen has ASU competing for a Pac 12 Championship, so I think their range is 8-10 wins (Wilner has them at 10-2, along with Utah, but ASU with the tie breaker).

Just seems crazy that CU is being predicted to win ~4 games by most people (believe Vegas has an O/U of 4.5), but then it's being acknowledged that they very well could surprise again and win 7-8 games.

Everything I've seen has ASU competing for a Pac 12 Championship, so I think their range is 8-10 wins (Wilner has them at 10-2, along with Utah, but ASU with the tie breaker).

Just seems crazy that CU is being predicted to win ~4 games by most people (believe Vegas has an O/U of 4.5), but then it's being acknowledged that they very well could surprise again and win 7-8 games.
The only way Colorado has 7-8 games in the win column is if we collect forfeits as a result of the other teams having COVID outbreaks.

Fair. I'm somewhat curious how the recruiting/staff issues in Tempe will affect their on-field performance, in spite of talent.

Fair. I'm somewhat curious how the recruiting/staff issues in Tempe will affect their on-field performance, in spite of talent.
A couple position coaches got put on leave, but Herm, Pierce and the majority of the staff remained in tact, so unless you believe in the "distraction" component, I imagine it won't impact on-field performance this season. It'll be interesting to see what the NCAA investigation concludes and what the ASU administration decides to do (after the season of course)

5. Colorado
Projected record:
4-8/2-7

Seems about right. I'd swap the Minnesota win with OSU. Minnesota is a better team than us right now. And maybe Cal for Washington. Either way the ceiling on this team if healthy is 6 wins - MAX. And if Lewis gets hurt, you're looking at 3...maybe. :oops:

Seems about right. I'd swap the Minnesota win with OSU. Minnesota is a better team than us right now. And maybe Cal for Washington. Either way the ceiling on this team if healthy is 6 wins - MAX. And if Lewis gets hurt, you're looking at 3...maybe. :oops:
Honestly, I’ll take 6. Get to a bowl with all these Freshmen (I think read we could classify 70 players as a Freshman of some sort). Good springboard.

Agree that if he is playing meaningful snaps we are in deep trouble.

That said I'm glad to have him.

As thin as we are at QB he can keep some of the wear and tear off the first guys. Also hope that he has the skillset that makes him effective simulation our opponents in practice and helping the D prepare.

We should be able to run the ball and complete some TE drags, talent at WR. If each of those position groups can hold their own while BLewis gets is legs under him?? I see 6 wins if we get a bounce or 2 our way.

Back