What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Official Fall Camp Thread

This happens every year. We get a transfer who was a 4*, and most of the fan base just thinks the guy has to start because he was a highly ranked player, then after he's exhausted his eligibility and didn't do **** for us, they still think he was good and should have gotten a shot.

Now... I doubt this is the actual starting lineup come gameday, but the point still stands.
Umm no. You aren't wondering why you see true freshman and walk ons in the two deep and players like Chris Miller, Deion Smith, Lloyd Murray, Jalen Stryker, Torren Pittman aren't even on there?

The secondary depth chart is mind- boggling. I'm hoping this is fake.

Is Wray really 6’7” 285? Did we stop feeding these kids again? Did we give out too many free lunches to walk on TE’s?

They left the nickels off, rather than put them on safety depth chart. Dumb.

Put transfers in second spot to start clearly. Dumb.

Wray out game one?

Maea over JVD is big surprise.. but gives me hope for Maea.

CB depth was not a surprise.

Abs no Devin Grant. Might be too early to call them busts but I think this is both of their 3rd years and to not even crack the 3-deep is eye opening

My assumption, and god help us if I'm wrong, is that Dorrell is just giving some guys who worked hard this summer a chance to be listed as a start on the depth chart and possibly play the first few snaps against an overmatched opponent. A motivation/reward situation.

I'd be very surprised if a lot of these guys aren't pulled after the opening drive, or sooner.

My assumption, and god help us if I'm wrong, is that Dorrell is just giving some guys who worked hard this summer a chance to be listed as a start on the depth chart and possibly play the first few snaps against an overmatched opponent. A motivation/reward situation.

I'd be very surprised if a lot of these guys aren't pulled after the opening drive, or sooner.
I totally agree.

This depth chart should be fluid

1. It is possible that the top person on the list isn't the starter, but rather it's just a list of guys who play that position in no particular order.

2. Only having 11 total OL linemen listed is not a good situation regardless of how talented any of them are. 12-13 is a bare minimum, and 15-17 is the goal. For reference, USC has 20 on their depth chart right now, and to choose a couple teams randomly, Minnesota has 12 and Aggie has 13.

3. The OL is even more worrisome when eight of those eleven are Freshmen or Sophomores.

I'm surprised that I don't even see Fenske on the list at all. Did I miss him or is there some reason he wouldn't be there? (injury)

injuries and etc might be the reason some players are not listed.

And why can't some players outperform transfers?

This thing is a mess. An embarrassment. Red herrings, typos, omissions, mistakes, don’t understand alignments.

Seriously. No press. Pressers that avoid (bad) questions. Hungry market. Then this crap.

Seriously, CU

Did CU officially release it or is it coming from the media?

BTW there is something called pencil depth chart.

It is not a big deal, not embarrasing.

Did CU officially release it or is it coming from the media?

BTW there is something called pencil depth chart.

It is not a big deal, not embarrasing.
It’s embarrassing the lack of info coming from this team, on many fronts.

how do you account for omissions, wrong numbers, mistakes, etc.

Yes, pencil depth charts are used at end of spring and beginning of camp. They have a place.

FWIW there’s no depth chart in cubuffs.com.

🤣 at the idea that that the depth chart rollout for a Friday night game against Northern Colorado is some kind of epic failure.
Agree that the depth chart against UNC is totally irrelevant. But, I also worry that this is the “we didn’t want to show A&M anything” excuse from fans for something that looks off.

Agree that the depth chart against UNC is totally irrelevant. But, I also worry that this is the “we didn’t want to show A&M anything” excuse from fans for something that looks off.

Why exactly are you worried about what fans think?

Back