What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Offseason Thread

Was hoping for a good recruiter at that tight end spot. Feels like we went “coaching” over recruiting again with this one

He seems like he's been around a lot of option and power running offenses. They typically will use TEs heavily. Definitely a coach first recruiter second hire.
Which is exactly what Dorrell said during his introductory press conference. Kudos for not blowing smoke, I guess.

There is no “or” with Pursell or Kutsch. Where is Ray? He was the first lineman off the bench, now isn’t even on the depth chart? Is he hurt? Regressed? So many questions
I feel like people need to cut BB some slack, bunch of buttheads nitpicking everything

with all the question marks heading into next year, at least we'll still be solid in the trenches
First mistake is actually taking a BB post seriously.

There is no “or” with Pursell or Kutsch. Where is Ray? He was the first lineman off the bench, now isn’t even on the depth chart? Is he hurt? Regressed? So many questions

I am just going by what KD said about 2021 been a new year. Open competition at every position. I also left Senn and others out BTW. Pursell is good, but I didn't see a big drop off when Jynes was in at center. Pursell is also injury prone.

Yep, CU is the only program in the country and conference to deal with financial hardship right now.

Well CU is not the other programs. CU is trying to make up the 20 million loss. That is why they are promoting within. Hoping for a huge windfall from the game against Texas A&M in Denver.

Budget is an issue, but does not fully explain a hire like the new TE coach.

Maybe ASU is breaking the bank for the hires they are making with big time So Cal connections, but I kinda doubt it.

Budget is an issue, but does not fully explain a hire like the new TE coach.

Maybe ASU is breaking the bank for the hires they are making with big time So Cal connections, but I kinda doubt it.
What drives the mentality of a P5 head coach who doesn't believe good recruiters are just as important, if not more important, than good coaches/teachers?

I am just going by what KD said about 2021 been a new year. Open competition at every position. I also left Senn and others out BTW. Pursell is good, but I didn't see a big drop off when Jynes was in at center. Pursell is also injury prone.
Fair enough, however; the difference between Pursell and Jynes is not even close. There was a reason Kutsch moved to center once Pursell was hurt.

What drives the mentality of a P5 head coach who doesn't believe good recruiters are just as important, if not more important, than good coaches/teachers?

:shrugs:

I just want to see the plan for So Cal recruiting specifically. Patu is signing tomorrow and DOUBLING our haul there to two for this class. We can all argue on all sorts of things, but does that make any sense? At all?

I'm one who would find the positive in anything but I'm not excited about the new TEs coach because he coached at Georgia Southern under Summers when Summers got fired as HC there.

A downgrade and I don't care what KD thinks about that.

This argument is too polarizing. Obviously highly recruited players matter, however just because KD states that 2 stars can be successful it doesn't mean he's going to neglect recruiting efforts by shifting CUs focus to finding diamonds in the rough.
chris farley idiot GIF

And Tennessee recruits... after losing the free McDonals lunches

At this juncture with things looking pretty dire, I'd reach out as a full staff to those three defensive TENN transfers (if they are still available), and see if we can get a package deal. The does not overlook the fact that HS recruiting is a must, however to get even reasonably positioned to go that CU desperately needs 6 wins and a decent season.

Heck, I'd even look at Luke McCaffery if he wants to stay home. Looks like he will sit behind his brother at UNC. This is probably a pipe dream and it may be a weird fit, but if he is willing to play some Slash-- return kicks, some receiver, some Wildcat, some RB, other ST's he could do some good things here.

Certainly he is entitled to pursue QB, but unless he goes to a lower school; I don't think that he will have a clear shot for immediate playing time. I'm not sure that he could beat out Brenden or Shrout...

KD and crew need to start acting outside the box field the best team that they can for this upcoming season.

At this juncture with things looking pretty dire, I'd reach out as a full staff to those three defensive TENN transfers (if they are still available), and see if we can get a package deal. The does not overlook the fact that HS recruiting is a must, however to get even reasonably positioned to go that CU desperately needs 6 wins and a decent season.

Heck, I'd even look at Luke McCaffery if he wants to stay home. Looks like he will sit behind his brother at UNC. This is probably a pipe dream and it may be a weird fit, but if he is willing to play some Slash-- return kicks, some receiver, some Wildcat, some RB, other ST's he could do some good things here.

Certainly he is entitled to pursue QB, but unless he goes to a lower school; I don't think that he will have a clear shot for immediate playing time. I'm not sure that he could beat out Brenden or Shrout...

KD and crew need to start acting outside the box field the best team that they can for this upcoming season.
upset the office GIF

Back