What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Offseason Thread

I will see how things develop but my guess is we have a losing record and do not get to a bowl Actually think that would have happened this year if we had played a full schedule. This team is lacking depth and will be full of question marks.
It will all come down to how much the defensive additions can elevate that unit, and how Lewis progresses in the offseason.

I will add that the OC play calling needs to improve, in order for the offense and team to improve. Stating the obvious, but Chev needs to utilize his tools - some very good RB's, WR's and a high level ceiling QB.

I will add that the OC play calling needs to improve, in order for the offense and team to improve. Stating the obvious, but Chev needs to utilize his tools - some very good RB's, WR's and a high level ceiling QB.

I'm hoping that

A) Lewis solidifies his position as QB 1
B) This reinvigorates our WRs, specifically Stanley (Noyer was not good enough to get him the targets he deserved)
C) This also reinvigorates Chev as Lewis' skillset is more aligned with the type of game he likes to call

Say we have another questionable year on the offensive consistency front, is this Chev's last chance at CU? (edit: for now)

Last edited:
In my mind, there are three main keys to the season:

1. Lewis stepping up at QB.
2. Secondary staying healthy.
3. Staying healthy at OT.
I think staying healthy is a given so I won't include it, but my three keys would be:

1. Lewis stepping up at QB
2. Someone emerging as a legit starting Tackle, outside of Fillip
3. Someone emerging as a consistent pass rushing threat

I think the DL will be a good unit, but they need to find a way to consistently get home by only rushing four.

I think staying healthy is a given so I won't include it, but my three keys would be:

1. Lewis stepping up at QB
2. Someone emerging as a legit starting Tackle, outside of Fillip
3. Someone emerging as a consistent pass rushing threat

I think the DL will be a good unit, but they need to find a way to consistently get home by only rushing four.

was last year Guy Thomas' first one playing? he was inconsistent but showed flashes

it's particularly impressive how poorly we've done with prep recruits at ILB & OLB over the last decade

Keys to the season.
1. QB improvement.
2. Improved team speed on defense. Once Landman went out. The defense went from average to extremely poor. The Linebackers were slow.
3. Special teams improvement. Poor average drive starting position. We didn't have a good field goal kicker.

Last edited:
I think staying healthy is a given so I won't include it, but my three keys would be:.

This is my biggest concern and the reason I was not as positive as some. We do not have depth with enough athletes to absorb injuries. Became evident this last season and we have not done anything in recruiting to make it better. We are paper thin and it is more of a given that we will have injuries that will impact the effectiveness of this squad. We need more athletes to get competitive and until we do, we will always fade as the season goes on.

Keys:
1 Find grad xfer at LT to replace Sherman or (W)Ray improves a ****ton
2 Get Landman healthy and up to speed
3 Replace Mustafa (grad xfer or maybe current roster player steps up)
4 Get Noyer healthy and improve upon last season's unanticipated success
5 Get backup QB ready for post-Noyer era

1) Pick an offensive scheme RPO or Pocket and settle on a starting QB
2) Find a replacement for Rakestraw
3) Make the TE a weapon
4) Forget Barnes as a safety
Other:
Wells could become one of the best pass rushers in the league.
The front 7 next season could be the best in the P12 with the addition of Lamb and a healthy Landman.
There's enough talent at the skilled positions that the OL doesn't have to be dominate for the offense to be successful.

1 The three grad transfers will start. Lamb, Barnes, and JT

2. Another OU CB coming

3) lots of 22 sets coming in 21

4) Defense will be really strong

9-3 Losses will be A&M but surprisingly close, Oregon Washington

Okay.

1 The three grad transfers will start. Lamb, Barnes, and JT

2. Another OU CB coming

3) lots of 22 sets coming in 21

4) Defense will be really strong

9-3 Losses will be A&M but surprisingly close, Oregon Washington
christmas love GIF by Kool Aid