What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Tournament thread

A-10 is also down. I think the B1G adding programs in NJ & Maryland plus UConn leaving hurt recruiting.

They're coming back. Georgetown & St. John's becoming good again, Nova is elite, and UConn is back & on the rise. New coaches coming in at Marquette & DePaul, which needed to happen.
I would hesitate to say Georgetown is becoming good. They were 13-13 and have only one decent win of the 13 (Creighton who was dealing with issues between their coach and players). After the Buffs beatdown, Ewing was asked what happened, his response "I don't know, I have no idea". Any good coach knows what plays/sets/defense were being played against their team and great coaches can assess that during the game and make changes. If he was not a hall of fame player, the program would not be receiving the bump in attention.

I would hesitate to say Georgetown is becoming good. They were 13-13 and have only one decent win of the 13 (Creighton who was dealing with issues between their coach and players). After the Buffs beatdown, Ewing was asked what happened, his response "I don't know, I have no idea". Any good coach knows what plays/sets/defense were being played against their team and great coaches can assess that during the game and make changes. If he was not a hall of fame player, the program would not be receiving the bump in attention.
They have a top 5 class coming in. Ewing spent like 15 years as an NBA assistant & was head of the player's union. He's a smart guy with a ton of experience. This wasn't just hiring a name, he paid his dues.

Wisconsin is well coached but didn't match up in the B1G this year in terms of talent and don't match up well with Baylor's talent.

The fact that Baylor couldn't put this game away much earlier is a pretty good indication that Baylor is beatable when they face a team that is more talented than Wisconsin.

From here on out **** Bailor will be playing teams that have more gifted players. Don't be surprised if they lose to Nova or Arky. Not calling it but wouldn't be surprised.

Boeheim is a great coach, but maybe tomorrow's practice session will include some drills and plays about how to inbound a ball while under full pressure. That being said, this was a great win for the Men In Orange.

Wisconsin is well coached but didn't match up in the B1G this year in terms of talent and don't match up well with Baylor's talent.

The fact that Baylor couldn't put this game away much earlier is a pretty good indication that Baylor is beatable when they face a team that is more talented than Wisconsin.

From here on out **** Bailor will be playing teams that have more gifted players. Don't be surprised if they lose to Nova or Arky. Not calling it but wouldn't be surprised.
So your saying Wisconsin is not ATHLETIC enough to bear a Baylor? Is that what you are saying Coach Lappas?

Big 12 doesn't want the big 10 feeling isolated
No kidding. If Tech loses, they have Okie Lite -6, Oklahoma +14.5, and Kansas +1.5 left for chances to advance to sweet 16. I’m here to cheer for only Oklahoma to make it.

So your saying Wisconsin is not ATHLETIC enough to bear a Baylor? Is that what you are saying Coach Lappas?
Of the contenders Wisconsin was the most experienced team in the B1G. Their 5 leading scorers are seniors while other programs have had players move on to the pros and replaced them with younger, higher talent/athletic players.

This is not in any way to say that Wisconsin has no talent but their success is more based on experience and team play than individuals taking over a game.

Baylor in contrast has 2 seniors in their first 10 scorers

Back