What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2021 Tournament thread

After all the publicity, the NCAA is now trying to rectify the situation. The food trays look horrible for both the men and women. Apparently the men can get food delivery and the women can't.

The swag wasn't close to equal either.

It was fun to watch short-handed, injury riddled Drake beat Wichita State. WS left the Missouri Valley because they had no competition. Take that Shockers!

Drake was behind 12 two different times. Once in the 1st half and again in the 2nd half.

Probably helped that their coach got an 8 year extension the day before.

This is sad. Not even trying. Wow.

I don't understand. what am I looking at here? the Insta posts says this is comparing men's and women's tourney "set up", but the top pic shows women working out and the bottom shows a sign referencing the women's tourney.

what is the influencer trying to get at?

what is 'DBs' in this context?

I don't understand. what am I looking at here? the Insta posts says this is comparing men's and women's tourney "set up", but the top pic shows women working out and the bottom shows a sign referencing the women's tourney.

I believe the women in there are just cleaning crew. DBs are dumbbells. Honestly it's even more messed up than I thought. That one set of dumbells is the entire women's weightroom. Not even multiple sets.

I believe the women in there are just cleaning crew. DBs are dumbbells. Honestly it's even more messed up than I thought. That one set of dumbells is the entire women's weightroom. Not even multiple sets.

thanks. the OU player's video was very helpful.

The TV talking heads know exactly nothing about Pac 12 basketball.

Barkley and the boys had an hour and a half to kill on TBS before the UCLA game. They spoke about the game as if MSU was some sort of force, "what can UCLA do to stay in this game?", etc. Yes, UCLA stepped on their dicks at the end of the season, but at one point they were looking like Pac 12 champions. Their late losses were close and against the best teams in the Pac--at CU, at Oregon, vs. USC. They're a good team with sweet sixteen potential if they play like they did early in the Pac 12 season.
MSU lost that game more than UCLA won it. UCLA had no business winning that game.

MSU lost that game more than UCLA won it. UCLA had no business winning that game.
Yeah I kept saying that I expected MSU to pull away again but they turtled super hard. UCLA being hot from 3 got them back into it, but after that it was MSU imploding.

The TV talking heads know exactly nothing about Pac 12 basketball.

Barkley and the boys had an hour and a half to kill on TBS before the UCLA game. They spoke about the game as if MSU was some sort of force, "what can UCLA do to stay in this game?", etc. Yes, UCLA stepped on their dicks at the end of the season, but at one point they were looking like Pac 12 champions. Their late losses were close and against the best teams in the Pac--at CU, at Oregon, vs. USC. They're a good team with sweet sixteen potential if they play like they did early in the Pac 12 season.
Inside the NBA is the best sports talking head show, bar none. But Chuck and Kenny do not watch ANY college basketball until the tournament, not just Pac-12 basketball. It's been a pet peeve of mine ever since they've started have those guys do the tournament. Hopefully having Andy Katz with them will help, I don't remember them having Katz in studio with them in previous years.

Inside the NBA is the best sports talking head show, bar none. But Chuck and Kenny do not watch ANY college basketball until the tournament, not just Pac-12 basketball. It's been a pet peeve of mine ever since they've started have those guys do the tournament. Hopefully having Andy Katz with them will help, I don't remember them having Katz in studio with them in previous years.
They break down games OK, but the banter is crap cause they don't know ****.

Influencer? She's a ****ing performance coach at Stanford.

Influencer? She's a ****ing performance coach at Stanford.
Thank you, that's my mistake.

I was under the impression that 'influencer' was the generic term for "person who posts on Instagram". I should've, but didn't, realize it was reserved for those with, duh, 'influence'.

TIL

initially posted something less thoughtful, but need to say that reading this was really disheartening

seems like your natural reaction was to blame the women wanting some semblance of fairness and support here and assuming they are "social media influencers" looking for airtime or something – I appreciate you acknowledging a misunderstanding but if we don't acknowledge our unconscious biases, progress is impossible

Last edited:
initially posted something less thoughtful, but need to say that reading this was really disheartening

seems like your natural reaction was to blame the women wanting some semblance of fairness and support here and assuming they are "social media influencers" looking for airtime or something – I appreciate you acknowledging a misunderstanding but if we don't acknowledge our unconscious biases, progress is impossible
Huh?

I just read your post, re-read mine, re-read yours.

I have no idea what basis you used to leap from what I said to what you perceived my "natural reaction".

It was clear the poster was trying to make a point regarding equal treatment of men's/women's tourney participats. They stated the images were supposed to illustrate this disparity. The images did not seem to address that all, as it appeared both images were showing the women's "weight rooms".

I simply asked questions trying to clear that up.

You may be projecting.

So some people are talking about money taken in as a reason for the men's vs women's discrepancy, and on a certain level, they have a point. Maybe things don't have to be on a one to one level.

But when I see one tiny tower of dumbbells vs a gigantic weight room, it's almost like the NCAA was intentionally trying to insult the women.

Huh?

I just read your post, re-read mine, re-read yours.

I have no idea what basis you used to leap from what I said to what you perceived my "natural reaction".

It was clear the poster was trying to make a point regarding equal treatment of men's/women's tourney participats. They stated the images were supposed to illustrate this disparity. The images did not seem to address that all, as it appeared both images were showing the women's "weight rooms".

I simply asked questions trying to clear that up.

You may be projecting.

Nah

So some people are talking about money taken in as a reason for the men's vs women's discrepancy, and on a certain level, they have a point. Maybe things don't have to be on a one to one level.

But when I see one tiny tower of dumbbells vs a gigantic weight room, it's almost like the NCAA was intentionally trying to insult the women.
The swag bag is all about revenue. The disparity in weight rooms is the NCAA being a clown show.

The swag bag is all about revenue. The disparity in weight rooms is the NCAA being a clown show.

it's amazing they get to hold onto their 501c3 status (for many reasons), but the whole point of being a non-profit is so they don't need to worry about directly correlating support to revenue...obviously there will be some of that, and that's ok, but this is egregious

sorry for coming in so hot @hokiehead

Surprised they didn't use these.

images

Colgate hanging with Arkansas.

Yeah, but blowing a 14-point lead in like 5 minutes before half is going to sting. Maybe they come out strong again in the 2nd, but wouldn't be surprised to see them fold a bit after that.

Back