What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Hoops Coach Carousel

Rhode Island & East Carolina fired their coaches.

And a big one: Mizzou fired Cuonzo Martin. He'd done a really good job at Cal before going there.

Did he though? He brought in a ton of talent, but his teams always underperformed their talent level. Great recruiter, lousy coach, imo.
Have you seen what Wyking Jones and Mark Fox have been able to do since? Cal might rival us for the lack of funding/resources for their bball program. Hard place to win.

Have you seen what Wyking Jones and Mark Fox have been able to do since? Cal might rival us for the lack of funding/resources for their bball program. Hard place to win.
That’s fair, but I think the funding problem has gotten worse than it was for Cuonzo. Wyking Jones was just an all around lousy coach, Fox hasn’t done much trying to revive things.

He needs to go back to the Midwest and build a program there where he knows the prep & JUCO circuits.
If I'm the AD at Milwaukee (they have an opening), I'm making a hard push for him.

If I'm K-State, I'm going hard after Jeff Linder. Dude can flat coach. Took over UNC right in the middle of an NCAA investigation, finishes his tenure there with 3 straight 20 win seasons, and wins the collegeinsider.com tournament in 2018. Goes to Wyoming coming off the Allen Edwards mess up there and is likely dancing this year.

Last edited:
LSU better not be allowed in the tourney
The craziest thing I’m seeing from LSU fan base and that I just saw on ESPN. The sentiment is that Will Wade basically left receipts of his cheating between the wire tap, bank statements etc and that he was stupid for that. Basically we don’t care that he cheated our issue that he was stupid in how he cheated. This is the issue with College basketball. The screenshots are from LSU sports blog.

Attachments

• DEF2A449-BD86-4A0E-80A3-4C7DA1F6791D.png
    DEF2A449-BD86-4A0E-80A3-4C7DA1F6791D.png
    228.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 90355A49-1941-47DF-9C32-5D5C27105C29.png
    90355A49-1941-47DF-9C32-5D5C27105C29.png
    200.7 KB · Views: 17
As both a CU fan and a VT fan, I wish he hadn't made those comments.
I don't think he meant it as a direct slight on VT so much as an example of how the NET doesn't make sense at times. The point was that a team with fewer total wins and fewer Q1 wins was somehow 35 spots higher in NET and in every Bubble discussion while CU wasn't even mentioned.

I agree with the general point and think Tad was wrong to get specific. Hopefully it was an extra motivator & chip on the shoulder for VT which contributed to winning the ACC tourney.

I don't think he meant it as a direct slight on VT so much as an example of how the NET doesn't make sense at times. The point was that a team with fewer total wins and fewer Q1 wins was somehow 35 spots higher in NET and in every Bubble discussion while CU wasn't even mentioned.

I agree with the general point and think Tad was wrong to get specific. Hopefully it was an extra motivator & chip on the shoulder for VT which contributed to winning the ACC tourney.

It was also a shot at ESPN and they hype teams gets from being on the ESPN family of networks. Fair or not (it's not), this is where the lack of exposure due to Pac12 games being tucked away on the Pac12 Network and in late-night timeslots hurts the conference.

It was also a shot at ESPN and they hype teams gets from being on the ESPN family of networks. Fair or not (it's not), this is where the lack of exposure due to Pac12 games being tucked away on the Pac12 Network and in late-night timeslots hurts the conference.
I thought Larry Scott said that would be a good TV window?

Shaheen Holloway just made a lot of interview lists.
It's going to be very hard for him to turn down the money but I'd love to see them find some rich alum and figure out a way to keep him there.

Turn St. Peter's into the Gonzaga of the East Coast. Small conference school with no football team that steps up and competes with the giants.

It's going to be very hard for him to turn down the money but I'd love to see them find some rich alum and figure out a way to keep him there.

Turn St. Peter's into the Gonzaga of the East Coast. Small conference school with no football team that steps up and competes with the giants.
He's a total NJ guy. Possible he'd stay until Seton Hall opened up.

Back