What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Pac 12 Tourney thread- #4 seed MEN'S bball (Las Vegas, 2nd CU game vs. #2 ranked/ #1 seed Arizona, Fri., 3/11, 7:00 PM MT, Pac 12 Network)

Honest question: What are people's thoughts on Julian starting over KJ and Kee? To me it seems like Julian is more celebral, pass first point guard, which makes Evan and Jabari assert themselves offensively (which is what Tad wants) and prevents our guards from getting too shot heavy to start. It also has set up our second unit to get out and run which they've really being doing well. I think it also helps Luke's game as he seems to be playing really well in that up tempo second unit.

I think this was so smart by Tad. What coach would have their two best guards to come off the bench? It was bold and has really helped this team.

Honest question: What are people's thoughts on Julian starting over KJ and Kee? To me it seems like Julian is more celebral, pass first point guard, which makes Evan and Jabari assert themselves offensively (which is what Tad wants) and prevents our guards from getting too shot heavy to start. It also has set up our second unit to get out and run which they've really being doing well. I think it also helps Luke's game as he seems to be playing really well in that up tempo second unit.

I think this was so smart by Tad. What coach would have their two best guards to come off the bench? It was bold and has really helped this team.
It was a bold move by Tad that is working for all the reasons you stated. Also a major testament to Hammond & the work he has put in to develop his game. It wasn't long ago this season that we were saying we had no guard depth after Eli-Kee-KJ. Now the dude's able to start games.

Also a testament to Kee and KJ for embracing the new roles.
This team has a lot of that, which is what makes them so fun to watch, easy to cheer for, and why I love this team so much. Eli has always known his role and not tried to do more than expected/capable of. LOB has understood that he’s not the star he was on high school, so the way he helps the team (and himself) is by 100% effort on defense, rebounding, loose balls, etc. His playing time is solely because of his effort away from the ball. Buckets and assists he gets are added benefit.

Even Jabari, who is fighting to get drafted into the NBA, plays for the team’s benefit. He knows his roles and doesn’t try to do too much. They all trust each other and do what they should do for the team.

the team has been passing the ball really well recently, which definitely reflects that unselfish culture

don't want to look to next year too much, but damn do we have a lot of rebounding production to replace from Evan and Jabari

I find it interesting that each of the top four teams in the conference come from the south. Probably meaningless, but interesting just the same.

I think it's only interesting insofar as USC is on the upswing and we're asserting ourselves as a top program in the conference.

Maybe that UO and the trees have fallen off a bit. But the balance of power in the Pac has always tilted south for basketball.

Last edited:
Reactions: '99
I think it's only interesting insofar as USC is on the upswing and we're asserting ourselves as a top program in the conference.

Maybe that UO and the trees have fallen off a bit. But the balance of power in the Pac has always tilted south for basketball.
Yeah. Program prestige rank probably goes 1 UCLA, 2 Arizona, 3 Stanford, 4 Utah historically

KOA pre-game, Tad said Bartholmey (sp), "may be the most athletic guy on the team". Surprised me.

Go Buffs!

In Boulder, every guy played an almost perfect game. We need close to that tonight. Arizona will come out super motivated. We’ll have to take their best shot early and finish the half close. We can’t go into halftime down by double digits.

In Boulder, every guy played an almost perfect game. We need close to that tonight. Arizona will come out super motivated. We’ll have to take their best shot early and finish the half close. We can’t go into halftime down by double digits.
I'd be so scared if we went into halftime up by double digits. it would ensure maximum pain

• Haha
Reactions: DBT
Back