What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

“Dorrell said they currently plan to add a total of seven players. The Buffaloes want to add another defensive lineman, an inside linebacker, a safety, and possibly another running back to compliment early signee Victor Venn.”
"Offensive line is probably the biggest position, maybe two more (offensive linemen) is important, so there's still some areas that we need to address the most in the second phase," he added.
Maybe we should recruit local OL players. Like ones that go to tOSU, UM and MSU. Can’t all be terrible unless HCKD and the OL Hillbilly Coach couldn’t find them because the travel budget was too lean.

Maybe we should recruit local OL players. Like ones that go to tOSU, UM and MSU. Can’t all be terrible unless HCKD and the OL Hillbilly Coach couldn’t find them because the travel budget was too lean.
I’m with ya. Maybe we should recruit OL players period.

Skimming through the Transfer Portal thread I'm seeing posts on the Supreme Court, gay marriage, legalization of drugs, possible racial undertones and all that just on this page alone. I think I'll bookmark this thread where the fun never ends.
Also second amendment

I think developing a strategy for the transfer portal is paramount for many programs. Lane Kiffin's comments are interesting but I think there is more to it than that. No one knows how a player will pan out. JT Daniels went to Georgia from USC and was suppose to be one of the top QBs in the country. Injuries derailed that quickly and he might transfer again. Brey Walker was a 5 star coming out of HS but has not starred at OU and now in the Portal. Does a school like CU take a chance on a player like Walker or do you take the Lane Kiffin approach of no risk (there is always risk).

I do not believe that NIL money is a factor in most cases. A lot of players just want an opportunity to show they can play (sometimes when they cannot).

I think developing a strategy for the transfer portal is paramount for many programs. Lane Kiffin's comments are interesting but I think there is more to it than that. No one knows how a player will pan out. JT Daniels went to Georgia from USC and was suppose to be one of the top QBs in the country. Injuries derailed that quickly and he might transfer again. Brey Walker was a 5 star coming out of HS but has not starred at OU and now in the Portal. Does a school like CU take a chance on a player like Walker or do you take the Lane Kiffin approach of no risk (there is always risk).

I do not believe that NIL money is a factor in most cases. A lot of players just want an opportunity to show they can play (sometimes when they cannot).
1st paragraph: 100% agree.

2nd paragraph: umm, borderline delusional.

1st paragraph: 100% agree.

2nd paragraph: umm, borderline delusional.
You really think the 9 players that transferred from Nevada to CSU were about NIL money. If you dig through the portal you will see plenty of players leaving the Blueblood programs via the portal, many were highly rated HS players who found themselves behind other highly rated HS players. I don't think there is a lot of NIL money for a 3rd string safety from Penn State transferring to Jackson State. Two of the schools doing well in the transfer portal are Indiana and Kansas, I don't think there is a lot of NIL money there but there is an opportunity for playing time because those teams are not loaded with talent.

You really think the 9 players that transferred from Nevada to CSU were about NIL money. If you dig through the portal you will see plenty of players leaving the Blueblood programs via the portal, many were highly rated HS players who found themselves behind other highly rated HS players. I don't think there is a lot of NIL money for a 3rd string safety from Penn State transferring to Jackson State. Two of the schools doing well in the transfer portal are Indiana and Kansas, I don't think there is a lot of NIL money there but there is an opportunity for playing time because those teams are not loaded with talent.
Right now, it depends on what level we're talking about - at the upper end it's silly to think nil isn't having an impact.

Within a few years it will have an impact at every level. Maybe not always a big impact, but an impact.

Right now, it depends on what level we're talking about - at the upper end it's silly to think nil isn't having an impact.

Within a few years it will have an impact at every level. Maybe not always a big impact, but an impact.

At the upper end maybe. I don't think my take is delusional. If you don't agree then say so but calling other posters delusional and silly is not how you have an intelligent discussion - it is a cheap trick you use to demean others.

If it ends up like it's been in hoops, blue chips will get sick deals, that next tier of in- demand prospects will get nice deals, and everyone else at a P5 will expect at least a token something.

CU better be able to compete for that middle group or the program is dead.

If it ends up like it's been in hoops, blue chips will get sick deals, that next tier of in- demand prospects will get nice deals, and everyone else at a P5 will expect at least a token something.

CU better be able to compete for that middle group or the program is dead.
We will be able to in hoops, not in football. Any donors that haven’t checked out, will after this next year of Sanford Sh1t

I think I just realized how we can solve the situation that current CFB finds itself in, that will benefit teams across the board, and the NFL.

Right now each of these young recruits are trying to find the school and program that will get them as high as possible in the NFL Draft, for a big pay day.

Well, what if the NFL adopted the same draft system the NHL uses? You draft kids by birth year before they ever get to college. Each NFL team would already control the rights of the players and they are free to leave school at any point that they’ve demonstrated enough to sign their entry level contract. For some that would be one year, others four.

No more fighting for a spot at a school to try and get national coverage and prove you’re first round worthy. Now maybe kids just pick a school located near their pro team and enjoy college until it’s time to turn pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back