What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Right decision to leave but to the wrong school. Next year he's WR4. The year after, he'll be lucky to be WR5 and he'll need to fight like hell for that spot because USC always brings in 1-2 top high school WR's. Perhaps there are examples of a team's 5th or 6th wr getting drafted in the early rounds but I can't think of any.

Personally, I thought he was a better return man than wide receiver and they already have a top 10 return man. I hope he does well but I don't think this turns out the way he thinks it will.
You are very much underestimating how good he is.

to say nothing of his efforts to undermine the head coach AS offensive coordinator!
Lindgren was running the show when they were "co-offensive coordinators". But ya the guy is so toxic. I had to get lunch with him before I moved in with the guys to be vetted. Complete douche. Basically was told I couldn't say anything bad about the offense. It was so strange. Incredible amount of insecurity.

Rice made the absolute right call. It was both a safer call from a performance standpoint and from a financial standpoint since they are paying him more.

Staying at CU for next year is an insane proposition for any WR who has NFL aspirations in the next year.
Will be interesting to see how he does at USC. USC has legit WR talent, but so does BR. This is not a KD Nixon situation, but he most certainly won't be the show. I think this is potentially a short-term win, but not sure a long term win. USC is a great place for NIL for the pure fact he will be rubbing elbows with the right people if football doesn't work out.

Lindgren was running the show when they were "co-offensive coordinators". But ya the guy is so toxic. I had to get lunch with him before I moved in with the guys to be vetted. Complete douche. Basically was told I couldn't say anything bad about the offense. It was so strange. Incredible amount of insecurity.
Just to be clear, I was just making a joke about how bad his offense was, and how that alone, undermines the head coach.

Will be interesting to see how he does at USC. USC has legit WR talent, but so does BR. This is not a KD Nixon situation, but he most certainly won't be the show. I think this is potentially a short-term win, but not sure a long term win. USC is a great place for NIL for the pure fact he will be rubbing elbows with the right people if football doesn't work out.
The thing is, Rice is exactly the caliber of WR recruit that USC typically pulls, so I don't understand this idea that he's going to be passed over. He had committable offers from Michigan, USC, Oregon, ASU, aTm, etc out of high school and is/was every bit as advertised.

Chev is out of his league as anything other than a WR coach and a WR recruiter/scout. I've always noticed that successful niche people know who they are and they go about perfecting their niche. I don't think he's wise enough to do that. Addition by subtraction with Chev.

The thing is, Rice is exactly the caliber of WR recruit that USC typically pulls, so I don't understand this idea that he's going to be passed over. He had committable offers from Michigan, USC, Oregon, ASU, aTm, etc out of high school and is/was every bit as advertised.
I never said he was going to be passed over. I said he wouldn't be the show, which is true. Either way, he made his situation better, or at least it looks like he did.

I've mostly stayed away from this thread as it's gone off the rails. Back to your normal **** programming.

I don't think anyone is disparaging BRice's talent, but just pointing out that he could have transferred somewhere where he's be the obvious #1 guy from the get go.
He needs to put up pretty big numbers early on, IMHO (for high draft status) because he's already burned some valuable time while at CU. He won't get passed over at USC but he will probably have to share targets/receptions with a big group of equal talented WRs. I think that's what folks are saying.

I don't think anyone is disparaging BRice's talent, but just pointing out that he could have transferred somewhere where he's be the obvious #1 guy from the get go.
He needs to put up pretty big numbers early on, IMHO (for high draft status) because he's already burned some valuable time while at CU. He won't get passed over at USC but he will probably have to share targets/receptions with a big group of equal talented WRs. I think that's what folks are saying.
I get that, but multiple posters are claiming because he isn't automatically WR1 at USC means his draft stock takes a hit, and that's just false. There are also multiple posters suggesting he's WR4 in 2022 and will slip to WR5/6/7 in 2023 which is laughable.

Somehow, Henry Ruggs, Jerry Jeudy, DeVonta Smith, and Jaylen Waddle all coexisted at Alabama at the same time and each were 1st round draft picks in back to back years.

I get that, but multiple posters are claiming because he isn't automatically WR1 at USC means his draft stock takes a hit, and that's just false. There are also multiple posters suggesting he's WR4 in 2022 and will slip to WR5/6/7 in 2023 which is laughable.

Somehow, Henry Ruggs, Jerry Jeudy, DeVonta Smith, and Jaylen Waddle all coexisted at Alabama at the same time and each were 1st round draft picks in back to back years.
Your comment about the Alabama guys is well taken. If Riley gets a WR room like Saban's we will have hit the jackpot. It will be interesting to see how it all develops.

Edit: "HE will have ...."

I think there’s really only one poster saying his draft stock will take a hit. I can see the argument that he might be better off at a place where he could be the obvious #1, but let’s be honest, he will be fine.

I think there’s really only one poster saying his draft stock will take a hit. I can see the argument that he might be better off at a place where he could be the obvious #1, but let’s be honest, he will be fine.
I just think this is the same "sell" CU fans tend to use on message boards with blue chip HS recruits... "Come to this lesser program that is devoid of talent and be THE GUY right away".

I liked the guy as a player. Only thing is, you don't know what kind of ****ing people they are unless you are around them. He sounds like a insecure little wuss is what it sounds like to me.

Yes, and everyone of those players at Alabama was WR1 or 2 in their last year at the school. Rice will never be that at USC.

I can appreciate this, but I think he could be WR1/2 there. A top 3 of Ford, Rice and Williams is nasty and I think Rice is right there with both of those guys. Either way, he's now in Lincoln Riley's offense and there will be plenty of balls and a very talented QB and playcaller.
You're forgetting about Bryant, who is a better return man and had nearly twice the production as BR, and incoming CJ Williams (who is a much higher rated recruit than Rice was). Neither can be dismissed when talking about a top 3.

If you cant have a conversation without insuling the other person, then please skip over my posts, don't respond. My ignore list is extensive. I just added you.
steve buscemi people to kill GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back