What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023-24 Coaching Carousel (Fitzgerald out, DC Braun interim at Northwestern)

Hmmm

Perhaps more of a fit for Prime. And a school more willing to allow Prime to do whatever he wants

I am not getting suked in to this crap. Especially not all off season. We still have two more games to lose, and suktatude to waller in.

Really tough place to win at.

and Arnett was a place holder on staff when Leach died. which is cool. but yeah, high end is 8 wins a year, but also the better Ole MIss and Lane are....more the temp rises. tough fight to see which one can upset Bama every half-decade.

I don't see CP to ATM, at all.

Arnett didn't want to run the Air Raid and Mississippi State still wanted to run it. Just a miscommunication between coach and leadership. Interesting to see who gets this job. Jake Dickert makes a lot of sense and Cam Ward should graduate this Fall and he still has eligibility so he could join at Mississippi State.

Overachieved to a degree. Has a QB who can come with him. Makes sense to me.

I am not getting suked in to this crap. Especially not all off season. We still have two more games to lose, and suktatude to waller in.
smokey robinson james GIF

ATM has never had a problem getting talent so I don't know how much of an upgrade Prime gives them in recruiting.

Prime is not a coaching upgrade over anyone that was at ATM based on anything I've seen happen in Boulder the last 6 games.

ATM has never had a problem getting talent so I don't know how much of an upgrade Prime gives them in recruiting.

Prime is not a coaching upgrade over anyone that was at ATM based on anything I've seen happen in Boulder the last 6 games.
But he is flashy and aTm loves flashy

Chip ain’t All That but his resume isn’t bad and I don’t think he’s sunk to the level of having to take the current Coordinator job at CU.

Id LOL if Lanning went to aTm and Kelly went back to Oregon then proceeded to put up 50 on UCLA annually….

Posts like this make me question if you really think we can win with Prime. I don't think it gives the message you think it does. If you don't think we can win with Prime, maybe he needs to leave

Posts like this make me question if you really think we can win with Prime. I don't think it gives the message you think it does. If you don't think we can win with Prime, maybe he needs to leave
Of course he can win at CU, it just takes 3-4 years or even longer, instead of 1-2 years in our dream.

There is no 3-4 years for aTm to wait. With the talent they have, a proven HC can win immediately.

Of course he can win at CU, it just takes 3-4 years or even longer, instead of 1-2 years in our dream.

There is no 3-4 years for aTm to wait. With the talent they have, a proven HC can win immediately.
A&M current PFF grade is a 91.2 overall grade. They have been in nearly every game they played but one with key injuries.

You add Shedeur, Hunter, and Shilo. Just 2 along makes the OL a lot better because of his presnap reads and understanding scheme and protections. That's a national championship contender right now.

This ain't Colorado. A team that's a 49.2 that didn't have one player that stay that was above average outside of Van Wells who's decent. Come on man, Prime has won every game he was suppose to win and some he wasn't outside of Stanford which was his direct fault. That said, this team is miles ahead of what most scouts expected and people around the sport expected. They didn't have any good players returning from last year. Not one.

Even the hopeful ones like Woods and Tank got exposed as teams took CU seriously. You guys talk about this staff like they are underachieving. The grades say, we are doing as good as they expected. The difference is, we should have lost to TCU and should have beat Stanford. Wasn't Arizona State and Nebraska favorite against us.

8-2 against the spread is nothing to squeeze at.

A&M current PFF grade is a 91.2 overall grade. They have been in nearly every game they played but one with key injuries.

You add Shedeur, Hunter, and Shilo. Just 2 along makes the OL a lot better because of his presnap reads and understanding scheme and protections. That's a national championship contender right now.

This ain't Colorado. A team that's a 49.2 that didn't have one player that stay that was above average outside of Van Wells who's decent. Come on man, Prime has won every game he was suppose to win and some he wasn't outside of Stanford which was his direct fault. That said, this team is miles ahead of what most scouts expected and people around the sport expected. They didn't have any good players returning from last year. Not one.

Even the hopeful ones like Woods and Tank got exposed as teams took CU seriously. You guys talk about this staff like they are underachieving. The grades say, we are doing as good as they expected. The difference is, we should have lost to TCU and should have beat Stanford. Wasn't Arizona State and Nebraska favorite against us.

8-2 against the spread is nothing to squeeze at.
You don't need to convince me that CP will make A&M national contender. You need to convince A&M:) So far, there is no serious talk about CP -> A&M that I am aware of. He is probably not even on their list.

You don't need to convince me that CP will make A&M national contender. You need to convince A&M:) So far, there is no serious talk about CP -> A&M that I am aware of. He is probably not even on their list.
I feel like I do. It seems we now think Prime is trash. He has issues as a GameDay coach in certain situations but everything is magnified when you are shooting above your weight class.

Of course you can win with Prime in Boulder. He brings a huge upgrade in player talent to CU. Players that CU has not seen in years and that talent has allowed them to be competitive in several games.

ATM has had top recruiting classes forever. I think their worst class the last 7 years was ranked 15. ATM issues are coaching & scheme to optimize the talent you have, and a fan base that believes a 3 loss season is failure.

Prime and staff has been outcoached in many games this season, and poor coaching decisions have probably cost them 2 wins.

He has gotten a pass on the poor coaching decision by the Boulder media, because Boulder media and they are just happy Prime knows their names.

ATM fired their coach after a 41 point win. ATM/SEC media will not look the other way when they screw up the coin toss in OT, call a timeout to ice your own kicker, or blow a huge second half lead in a game you are favored by 14.

I feel like I do. It seems we now think Prime is trash. He has issues as a GameDay coach in certain situations but everything is magnified when you are shooting above your weight class.
If you don't know what's my current thought on CP, here is the reference:

Fans always set up their expectations ridiculously high, talk themselves into believing it, and then call everything a failure if their expectations are not met. It's normal. They call CP trash now, and they will be ecstatic to have CP being our coach again in the spring. Not sure what else do you expect LOL.

I set my expectation correctly one month ago, with the only disappointment being the loss against trees:

So yes, I think CP can win at CU, he is far away from trash and he is probably still the only one who has chance to save us.

I just don't think he is good enough for aTm who just spend 100+ millions to fire a HC who has won NC before.

Of course you can win with Prime in Boulder. He brings a huge upgrade in player talent to CU. Players that CU has not seen in years and that talent has allowed them to be competitive in several games.

ATM has had top recruiting classes forever. I think their worst class the last 7 years was ranked 15. ATM issues are coaching & scheme to optimize the talent you have, and a fan base that believes a 3 loss season is failure.

Prime and staff has been outcoached in many games this season, and poor coaching decisions have probably cost them 2 wins.

He has gotten a pass on the poor coaching decision by the Boulder media, because Boulder media and they are just happy Prime knows their names.

ATM fired their coach after a 41 point win. ATM/SEC media will not look the other way when they screw up the coin toss in OT, call a timeout to ice your own kicker, or blow a huge second half lead in a game you are favored by 14.
He's shooting above his weight class. Every decision is magnified when you are nowhere near as good as the teams you are playing against.

I am not going to use that as an excuse as we seen teams like Cal, Stanford, and Arizona State shoot above their weight level but the only blowout was Oregon where they were completely at a disadvantage. Their speed was neutralized and without Hunter, you lacked a legit NFL prospect against a team with multiple.

We are playing at a much higher level than what we are. Even our grading is solid considering what we were last year. We even had teams this year thinking Woods and Tank are good till Oregon exposed them.

Back