What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023-24 Coaching Carousel (Fitzgerald out, DC Braun interim at Northwestern)

Early Signing Day and the portal have also sped things up dramatically. Pretty much have to fire your coach by mid November and have the new on in place by the end of the first week in December if you want to salvage a class
great point

They been talking to Coach Lew
He'd probably be good there.

The top G5 teams can be beaten consistently with his style of offense.

The problem at CU with Coach Lew, imo, is that it's not a style that consistently beats the LSU & PSU type teams, let alone being able to run through the playoffs for a championship. For where Prime CU is trying to go, you've got to be able to win physically and create explosive plays on top of that. What he does is too finesse and craters our own defense too much to be the long-term identity if you've got P4 championship aspirations.

Last edited:
7-8 dogs away from what? Going .500? That is not what I took from that statement.
Yes, especially in the year in which the Pac 12 is the most competitive it has been possibly since CU joined the Pac 12. Again, they have only been favored to win a couple of games this year.

Yes, especially in the year in which the Pac 12 is the most competitive it has been possibly since CU joined the Pac 12. Again, they have only been favored to win a couple of games this year.
Okay, that wasn't the way I heard it. Sounds like we are claiming moral victories at this point....

Everything is being sped up in college football and it's ruining the end of season outcomes.
Players sitting out bowl games, coaches quitting/fired/retiring players entering the portal all before the season ends.
Basically, the new rules kills the bowl season. So many guys sit out

starting to feel like the no fun league with the lack of loyalty, pride and traditions. Really kinda sad.
Yep. I think Prime is going to build something special over the next few years. By that time that is done, CFB will be NFL lite and as uninteresting as the NFL. This is sort of the last hurrah, and CU is fortunate to have the one HC who could get them off the mat during this time.

If they all play at the LOS then yeah. Otherwise he’s gonna need more than 7-8.
3 dawgs on the O line, 3 on the D line and 2 linebackers would probably make this a top 10 or top 15 team. 8 would actually be enough (obviously I would prefer 20).

You need subs during the game.

People get injured. Or into trouble.
If we had 3 starters on both lines suddenly become backups I would call that legit depth - certainly comparable to all but the Bama’s and Georgia’s of the college football world.

We could use 7-8 O-lineman alone. We need more than 7-8. In the Big XII next year, if you get 5 good O-lineman, you might be able to scrape by and win that league. But that would be a recipe for getting absolutely dominated in the postseason. If CP wants to compete with the top teams, will need probably 16 of the 22 starters to be new next year imo.

Thinking outside the box is definitely what we need. Treat Prime for why he is. He’s a unicorn. He’s not just a head football coach. Give him shares in the merchandising, marketing, etc. and treat him as the premier ambassador for CU. Let him work not just with athletics but with the entire university to make it the premier destination for African-American young people. Build partnerships back to the HCBU’s through both academics and athletics. It seems to me there’s a lot of room here to move in if the administration treats Prime as a partner rather than an employee.
Not saying you’re wrong but let’s see how this year’s recruiting class turns out before we get too tied in

Just a reminder to the people criticizing Prime for in game decisions, personnel decisions, even media moments need to keep in mind that Coach Prime has including this year 4 years of experience as a college coach, not just as a head coach but 4 years as a college coach period, and this is his first year at the FBS level.

He will make mistakes, coaches who have been at it 25 years make mistakes.

Prime is highly intelligent, highly motivated, and has never been anything but a maniac for hard work.

He will learn, he will get better, and he will do whatever he has to do to win.

Just a reminder to the people criticizing Prime for in game decisions, personnel decisions, even media moments need to keep in mind that Coach Prime has including this year 4 years of experience as a college coach, not just as a head coach but 4 years as a college coach period, and this is his first year at the FBS level.

He will make mistakes, coaches who have been at it 25 years make mistakes.

Prime is highly intelligent, highly motivated, and has never been anything but a maniac for hard work.

He will learn, he will get better, and he will do whatever he has to do to win.
Every coach looks like a bad game manager (or play caller) when sh!t doesn't work or when sh!t hasn't been working so the coach has lost confidence in the team executing what he'd prefer to do.

Every coach looks like a bad game manager (or play caller) when sh!t doesn't work or when sh!t hasn't been working so the coach has lost confidence in the team executing what he'd prefer to do.
It’s a shame that we don’t have a good defense. Those decisions to punt, where Vassett pins the other team inside the 5, would lead to multiple short field scores. Then the coach looks like a genius.

It’s a shame that we don’t have a good defense. Those decisions to punt, where Vassett pins the other team inside the 5, would lead to multiple short field scores. Then the coach looks like a genius.
We actually forced AZ to punt on the 3 punts CU had from near the 50. Turned into a CU TD, another CU punt, and the missed FG.

We actually forced AZ to punt on the 3 punts CU had from near the 50. Turned into a CU TD, another CU punt, and the missed FG.
It feels like this was the first game where it worked somewhat. I’m still scarred by other teams moving down the field at will, even when starting deep in their own territory.

Normally I’d say these are famous last words from a coach who is about to leave, but I actually believe Lanning here. Oregon isn't going to be outbid by any SEC program and Lanning is proving to be able to recruit like the SEC up there.
When a person smiles while talking, they have mixed mental messages and are lying or hiding
Lanning is a clown and is gonna have to go and beat OSU and Michigan and other teams that will be just as physical and in bad conditions
Amazing how Oregon folks cannot admit that without Phil Knight, they would be the exact same as Oregon State
Knight and Nike's money has done everything for that program, everything.
The players you have now, the coaches you have now, the stadium you have now, the facilities you have now, the jersey combos you have now is ALL Phil Knight and his Nike money
If Colorado had Phil Knight in 1990 through today, we would be Alabama
I know that I will get Administration comments, but a money person would have prevented the Admin from screwing it all up.

Back