What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023-24 Coaching Carousel (Fitzgerald out, DC Braun interim at Northwestern)

Its so obvious that ESPN wants coach Prime in the SEC so they can have full control over all the eyeballs he brings. Thats why you hear Steven A and now Pat McAfee pushing for Texas A&M. He’s not going this year - no way he leaves Trav or Shelomi in the lurch like that but watch the volume get amped up next year for every SEC opening.

Its so obvious that ESPN wants coach Prime in the SEC so they can have full control over all the eyeballs he brings. Thats why you hear Steven A and now Pat McAfee pushing for Texas A&M. He’s not going this year - no way he leaves Trav or Shelomi in the lurch like that but watch the volume get amped up next year for every SEC opening.
Fox better be helping to keep him under their tv umbrella.

If we had 3 starters on both lines suddenly become backups I would call that legit depth - certainly comparable to all but the Bama’s and Georgia’s of the college football world.
Given the struggle on the line and the abuse theyve gotten for it I wouldnt be shocked if we see some transfers.

I’m all for signing an extension.
Sign the extension but also “change the game.” That’s what he’s looking for and we have to be willing to take a risk here. If we treat him like he’s just a football coach then we will be outbid for his services by universities with a far greater commitment to football and far more resources. Offer him something that makes him more than a football coach. Something transcendent.

I expect Coach Prime to be here next year but who knows about 2025? It has been clear that he is not a type of person to stick around for the long term and that is my understanding.

I believe he was hired to get the Buffs into the Big 12 and turn the program around. First part has been done and second part is TBD but I still think he's on the right track as long as he fixes the interior lines.

If Coach Prime gets CU into a bowl game, EXTEND HIM!

I feel less hopeful after those comments
War News GIF by MOODMAN

After todays presser, how confident are you that Prime will coach CU next year? The following year?

After todays presser, how confident are you that Prime will coach CU next year? The following year?
Mostly, I believe this is within CU's control. Fulfill all promises, pay him market value, provide him the resources he needs to compete at the highest level for championships, involve him in growth strategies, stay out of his way and have his back. If CU does all that, I am extremely confident this will be his final coaching job in CFB.

Mostly, I believe this is within CU's control. Fulfill all promises, pay him market value, provide him the resources he needs to compete at the highest level for championships, involve him in growth strategies, stay out of his way and have his back. If CU does all that, I am extremely confident this will be his final coaching job in CFB.
I fell into a trap today. This has been my thoughts all along. The Aaron Butler weirdness is what worries me. Is it just a coincidence? Maybe. I'm concerned, and I'm usually very optimistic on this stuff.

Everything- Coach Prime staying, the effectiveness of the new OC, recruits staying, recruits coming- everything depends on CU getting a competitive NIL system up and running.

What convinces Prime to stay long-term is making him more than just a football coach. It is about creating a unique space for him to be unapologetically himself and boost his ego. From the outside, he is a man who doesn’t just want to be only known as a coach and CU is a unique position to make that happen.

Count me among those that doesn't see Prime at A&M.

That said, I think their boosters probably want a flashy hire, but Elko makes too much sense. That's who my money would be on.

UCLA has been forever a middling 7 win a year average school, nothing's ever going to change
The great Terry Donahue was there 20 years. 12 seasons finishing in the Top 25. 5 Pac-10 titles. 151-74-8 record (basically 7.5 wins per year when teams were playing 11 per). That's their gold standard at UCLA.

Chip Kelly is in his 6th year with 1 Top 25 finish, no titles (not even division), and a 33-33 record.

I don't think they expect anything beyond the Donahue level, but they do expect a return to that if they're going to remain committed to a HC.

Chip Kelly is in his 6th year with 1 Top 25 finish, no titles (not even division), and a 33-33 record.

I don't think they expect anything beyond the Donahue level, but they do expect a return to that if they're going to remain committed to a HC.

23-12 in last 3 seasons, which is in line with usual UCLA "gold standards"

23-12 in last 3 seasons, which is in line with usual UCLA "gold standards"
That's a fair argument. It's one I've made. And I actually believe that if they beat USC & Cal to close the season that there's no way that firing him can be reasonably justified.

I expect Coach Prime to be here next year but who knows about 2025? It has been clear that he is not a type of person to stick around for the long term and that is my understanding.

I believe he was hired to get the Buffs into the Big 12 and turn the program around. First part has been done and second part is TBD but I still think he's on the right track as long as he fixes the interior lines.

If Coach Prime gets CU into a bowl game, EXTEND HIM!
The quality of this team without Shaduer remains very much in question

Back