What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023-24 Coaching Carousel (Fitzgerald out, DC Braun interim at Northwestern)

The job he did at PSU was amazing. Nothing short of that.
Alabama had a very good offense while he was there as well.
Shurmur has had no success whatsoever in CFB and to me, that's by far the biggest risk.
Every Alabama offense has been great. Jimmys and joes. Shurmur has never had that which was mostly my poi t

Gotta think we hear soon about Harbaugh’s decision, which could set off another round of what we just saw with Saban’s retirement. Or they just promote Moore and everything else stays the same.

Personally, I’m rooting for Harbaugh and Chip Kelly to both bail for the NFL

Gotta think we hear soon about Harbaugh’s decision, which could set off another round of what we just saw with Saban’s retirement. Or they just promote Moore and everything else stays the same.

It would at least cause some movement of assistants between the OC opening and whichever coaches go with Harbaugh. Then you've got every signee having an opportunity to get released from his NLI.

I was actually surprised at how little the Bama opening affected the carousel. The only major schools affected were Bama, Washington, and Arizona. Then the dominoes reached the G5 level. If someone would have told me a month ago that Saban was retiring, I'd have guessed 5-8 P5 schools would be affected.

I was actually surprised at how little the Bama opening affected the carousel. The only major schools affected were Bama, Washington, and Arizona. Then the dominoes reached the G5 level. If someone would have told me a month ago that Saban was retiring, I'd have guessed 5-8 P5 schools would be affected.
I guess I could have seen one more opening had someone like Sark or Kirby taken Bama as that would have opened another Bama-caliber job, but three P5 programs and one G5 program losing their entire staffs and most of their rosters seems like a lot.

I think it's almost certain that Moore gets the HC job if/when Harbaugh leaves

Harbaugh to NFL

Michigan poaches Franklin from Pedo State

Rhule to Pedo

Fuskers get ****ed

It's the job that makes the most sense in that they have a franchise QB and an above average roster besides that. They're built to compete in the playoffs now. I was skeptical about whether that ownership would spend money on a coach.
And a mediocre division, to boot. The AFC west is completely up for grabs next year. The Chefs aren’t the powerhouse they were anymore. A 10-7 record very well could win the division next year.

Great. Like the Raiders, the Chargers didn't stomp on their d*cks with their coach hire.
I may never see the Broncos in the playoffs again in my remaining time on Earth.

It's the job that makes the most sense in that they have a franchise QB and an above average roster besides that. They're built to compete in the playoffs now. I was skeptical about whether that ownership would spend money on a coach.

I have felt that Harbaugh was going to San Diego the entire time. The Chargers running game averaged just 3.8 YPC this season though so Harbaugh is going to have to work on that part of the offense.

Perfect fit

David Gibbs new Ill Associate HC/DB coach.

The Auburn, Alabama, native was a four-year letterman at Colorado from 1987-90. He started at defensive back for the 1990 national title-winning Buffaloes team and the 11-1 1989 team that finished fourth nationally in the final polls. Gibbs graduated from Colorado in 1990, earning Academic All-Big Eight honors as a senior.

That’s going to be a tough job for the foreseeable future.
But good exposure and a P2 Job, so the best option for EB to take, is essentially an NFL Lite job
They have money, and they have a great Recruiting area, so buckle up and make it happen
It is his best option

Back