What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023-24 Coaching Carousel (Fitzgerald out, DC Braun interim at Northwestern)

When was the last time a head coach left on their own will to take a coordinator position in college?

Maurice Linguist resigned his position as the HC of the Buffalo Bulls to take an assistant defensive coach position at Alabama three weeks ago.

EDIT ADD:

Kane Wommack resigned his position as the HC of South Alabama to become the DC at Alabama.

Last edited:
So the reports say that Chip has left about $10 million on the table fleeing UCLA

"Next up on Divorce Court, a long suffering football coaches wife fears living as a pauper in the case of Kelly vs. Kelly"

Awkward The Simpsons GIF

If they really are cash strapped, I have to think they just promote Ken Norton Jr and say we'll figure it out again in like 2 years. Shades of us hiring Cardboard Karl.

I think it would be better to go young, and hope you catch lightning in a bottle. Someone will take that job.

Man, cfb coaches are scurrying to the NFL like crazy. The NCAA has ruined cfb.

Hate it for FBS in general and I wonder how much longer CFB fans are going to deal with this uncertainty. I believe CFB fans will tune in this season due to the conference changes & initial 12 team CFP but 2025 could see the exodus of fans to the NFL or something else to do on Saturdays if it appears that nothing is going to change in FBS. Another outcome is to drop down a level of CFB which could be P4 to G5 or FBS to FCS and/or D2 football where the impact of NIL isn't quite as great.

Hate it for FBS in general and I wonder how much longer CFB fans are going to deal with this uncertainty. I believe CFB fans will tune in this season due to the conference changes & initial 12 team CFP but 2025 could see the exodus of fans to the NFL or something else to do on Saturdays if it appears that nothing is going to change in FBS. Another outcome is to drop down a level of CFB which could be P4 to G5 or FBS to FCS and/or D2 football where the impact of NIL isn't quite as great.
The Fans and the Schools need to step the **** up and fix this, rather than the Conferences and the Broadcasters
FANS
SCHOOLS
PLAYERS
BOOSTERS
CONFERENCES
BROADCASTERS
The first 3-4 matter, the last two have no real honor for the sport
There is a fix, but the wrong people are in charge
Fans and Schools need to make bold moves

He was highly successful at very low levels of college coaching for a number of years, mostly at Wisconsin D3 levels. He was at G5 Buffalo from 2015-2020, and he’s only been at KS since 2021.

KS is a much improved program under his watch and he just doesn’t seem like a guy that’s going to jump off a good thing for the uncertainties of the carousel. At least not now, and especially for a weird situation like UCLA.

I listen to his pressers and he seems sincere about this. I’m sure there might be jobs he’d be interested in, but these PAC 2024 jobs ain’t that.

He was highly successful at very low levels of college coaching for a number of years, mostly at Wisconsin D3 levels. He was at G5 Buffalo from 2015-2020, and he’s only been at KS since 2021.

KS is a much improved program under his watch and he just doesn’t seem like a guy that’s going to jump off a good thing for the uncertainties of the carousel. At least not now, and especially for a weird situation like UCLA.

I listen to his pressers and he seems sincere about this. I’m sure there might be jobs he’d be interested in, but these PAC 2024 jobs ain’t that.
So what do the Rocky Mtn or Pacific Time Zones have to do with anything?

He seems like more of a blue collar coach ‘‘em up guy, than a high recruiting manage the egos of stars guy.

You been asleep for the past few years?
I can understand the argument about which job is better at this moment between KU and UCLA, but I’m wondering what the time zones has to do with it? UCLA is in the B1G very specifically because they reside in the biggest market in the Pacific Time Zone. Washington, Oregon and USC are all infinitely better jobs than KU.

I can understand the argument about which job is better at this moment between KU and UCLA, but I’m wondering what the time zones has to do with it? UCLA is in the B1G very specifically because they reside in the biggest market in the Pacific Time Zone. Washington, Oregon and USC are all infinitely better jobs than KU.

The Western and Mountain time zones are dead. P4 conference games are in the Eastern time zone. The only teams not playing conference games 2-3 time zones away are G6 schools.

Back