What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 ****braska Game

Seriously, that list is absolute bull****. I can't believe that dip**** threw that out there.

Putting us anything other than top 2 is asinine.

(And while my wife isn't looking, I will add that the KState part of that is VERY deserved as well)

Anyone follow Nebraska enough to know what their roster looks like? They won 4 games last year, any reason to believe they have improved under Rhule?
I'm also curious. I haven't paid attention beyond their downgrade at QB.

I do know that the ticket prices for this game seem to be... at a considerably inflated base price from a normal game. I had a friend try to get me a couple tickets to Nebraska as part of their "VIP" presale to season ticket holders earlier this week. Least expensive tickets (Zone 5? whatever that is) were $195 each.

I doubt secondary market prices for the NU game will fall to face value level, but I am highly confident they'll come down considerably between now and the TCU game.

And then, after we beat the tar out of TCU, the prices will rebound again.

I doubt secondary market prices for the NU game will fall to face value level, but I am highly confident they'll come down considerably between now and the TCU game.

I actually think if anything prices will go up due to limited supply

I actually think if anything prices will go up due to limited supply
I could be wrong. it's happened before (I know, hard to believe).

I follow the secondary ticket market fairly closely, and will try to remember to check back in and update.

baseline: 5/18/23
  • lowest Stubhub price (incl fees) for a single ticket is $554
  • lowest Seatgeek price (incl fees) for a single ticket is $502

To be clear, what I was saying is that $195 is the face level value coming out of the CU ticket office.

I do know that the ticket prices for this game seem to be... at a considerably inflated base price from a normal game. I had a friend try to get me a couple tickets to Nebraska as part of their "VIP" presale to season ticket holders earlier this week. Least expensive tickets (Zone 5? whatever that is) were $195 each.

Zone 5 is sections 203-213

Boom. Roasted.
BTNOAtYCAAA-_X3.jpg

taking a moment and trying to look at the reselling issue from a neutral POV...

publcly expressing concerned about visiting fans coming to your stadium could be perceived as snowflakish. I'll suggest it's a new day for CU football and we're above and beyond that concern.

to my memory, elite teams don't complain about visiting fans. elite teams demolish the visiting teams and the elite teams' fans enjoy watching the visitors mope out of the stadium, heads hung low.

all that being said, I understand NU fans have "taken over" Folsom in the past and many here have bitter memories. and, it's a new era for CU football.

Husker fans are willing to pay any amount of money to get out of that wasteland they live in plus it's Coach Prime's home debut.

Be prepared to pay if you are going to Ft. Collins or Lincoln next year.

publcly expressing concerned about visiting fans coming to your stadium could be perceived as snowflakish. I'll suggest it's a new day for CU football and we're above and beyond that concern.

to my memory, elite teams don't complain about visiting fans. elite teams demolish the visiting teams and the elite teams' fans enjoy watching the visitors mope out of the stadium, heads hung low.

all that being said, I understand NU fans have "taken over" Folsom in the past and many here have bitter memories. and, it's a new era for CU football.

While I absolutely do not want to see an embarrassing "sea of red" in Folsom again... I do understand that most corn fans consider the team to be the reason for their entire existence. Hell they even took over South Bend once. Shame on anyone selling their tickets to them, but otherwise I am not too worried, in fact it's quite a delightful thought to know thousands will be taking a long depressing sad drive back to the cornfields after they get stomped (not to mention put money in Colorado, Boulder, and CU's coffers).

Counterpoint: **** Nebraska.

For most Nubs, this is their trip to the French Riviera. The wagon trains of farm trucks, and other near-jalopy automobiles will probably start arriving Wednesday night…and the stench of Runza, Old Milwaukee, and sweat-stained/tear-stained red Polyester will bring down the air quality of the greater north central area of CO. Yes, even Weld County will have a dip in air quality that weekend. Broken down cars along I-76 will remain there until their uncle-daddy can get the tow truck running again to retrieve bald-tire rust buckets before the first snow fall.

The opportunity to get to Estes Park before going home is also probably on the minds of many nub fans, so they can ogle and pat themselves on the backs for having a Fusker shop in “enemy” territory because they are the best fans.

I hope that the Buffs strike first, strike hard, and strike often on September 9th!

Last edited:
Fusker fans entire reason for living is having their football team as a distraction from either living in or coming from that featureless wasteland of corn and cow manure interrupted only by truck stops (with their wives/sisters working the parking lots) and trailer parks in which most of their meth supply is produced.

Anyone who has the financial means to get out, even if just for a few autumn weekends is willing to spend whatever they have in hopes that their team of 18-23 year old young men, virtually all who come from someplace else and who will get out of the state as quickly as they can following their time on the team can actually win a game and harken back to the long gone days of glory.

Many of them will buy their way into the stadium as they do everywhere but the numbers will be notably smaller than in past years. Many of their fans will end up watching the game on a TV in their RVs or a hotel room or bar and in the end will be glad that they didn't end up spending even more money to experience yet another loss.

If you choose to take it as being directed at visiting fans instead of it being a calling out of CU fans who are choosing to profiteer when there is a long waitlist of CU fans who got frozen out.

For most Nubs, this is their trip to the French Riviera. The wagon trains of farm trucks, and other near-jalopy automobiles will probably start arriving Wednesday night…and the stench of Runza, Old Milwaukee, and sweat-stained/tear-stained red Polyester will bring down the air quality of the greater north central area of CO. Yes, even Weld County will have a dip in air quality that weekend. Broken down cars along I-76 will remain there until their uncle-daddy can get the tow truck running again to retrieve bald-tire rust buckets before the first snow fall.

The opportunity to get to Estes Park before going home is also probably on the minds of many nub fans, so they can ogle and pat themselves on the backs for having a Fusker shop in “enemy” territory because they are the best fans.

I hope that the Buffs strike first, strike hard, and strike often on September 9th!
The French Riviera is very fun.

Every Husker fan who wants to see the game bad enough will find a ticket. The prices will be higher because we tried, and those higher prices will force a number of them to stay away.

Back