What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 CFB Predictions/Gambling Thread

Random other game take-but am I the only one who thinks Wyoming getting 30 is a no brainer?

This feels like a classic Texas comes out flat game.

After seeing @manhattanbuff do it last week, I decided to run with a "lottery ticket" parlay today by using a free $25 bet for a crazy low odds bet slip with a beautiful potential payout.

Miss State
Missouri
Minnesota
Northern Illinois
Florida
BYU

All straight up. If my $25 free bet hits, I make a little over $35k.

As if losing this game doesn’t suck enough, I played an 11 game parlay and hit on the first 10. Going to lose it on this game. 😭😭😭
stephen colbert oops GIF

I signed up for bet365 for $365 in bonus bets. Took Colorado at -2.5. Also bet alternative spreads of -13.5, -16.5 and -20.5. Hit on all and turned my $365 into $1069. 😎

Would be a great time to sign up for bet365 on their $365 in free bets offer. And put it all on CU +625 for the Oregon game.

I already have an account, but convinced 3 friends to do it. Hopefully it will be a fun Saturday.

Here's my prediction:

Colorado can win every game but I am not expecting them to but it's possible.

Compare favorably to last year's TCU squad.

Strengths: QB1, WRs, Tackles1, Centers, RBs, EDGEs, Safeties, CB1/2/3, starting interior DLs, STs
Areas that can surprise you: TEs, CB depth, backup DLs
Weaknesses: QB depth, OL depth, Interior DL overall numbers (5 players), LBs.

Hard to stop: Skill players, passing attack, rushing attack, EDGE rushing on +5 3rd downs, poor passing attempts, or bad decision-making by the opp QB
What to try to beat CU: Rushing up the middle, testing TE's experience, testing CU OL in space, testing LBs on running downs, testing the young CBs.

TCU: I have this as a blowout win for CU. 63-14. Mirror images. CU more prepped for TCU. TCU overly confident just due to outside noise. CU has too much primetime players.

Nebraska: I find this to be a challenging game. Big OL like TCU but not as good as TCU. Good backs like TCU, no studs. But they actually plan on playing with 9-10 in the formation. They will test CU's lack of interior size and smaller safeties outside of Slusher. Also, I am much higher on Jeff Sims. While passing might not be how he's going to compete in this game, rushing will be and Prime has struggled with run-first QBs who are smart and make good throws in the past, see Southern game. I have this as a toss-up or CU blowout. If CU gets up 14-0 or 21-0 early, it's over but if it's close, it can go either way.

CSU: Better than people expect but too much horsepower for CU. 56 points or more will be scored by CU. CSU has the ability to score 28 but I am leaning to 10 points for now.

Oregon: I expect Oregon to win this game. One of the best OLs in CF. Good running game. Stud at QB. A couple of WR studs. No real weaknesses on defense. I do believe if CU gets ahead early, CU would pull the upset but I am strongly leaning toward Oregon 35-21. If CU wins, 42-21. I don't believe in Bo Nix as a QB playing from behind with the pass rush pinning their ears back.

USC: Another major upset alert. I have CU beating USC. Obviously, health is key but USC doesn't match up well against CU. They give up too many big plays, and their overly aggressive defensive style will get them killed against CU. That said, USC will score and score often. CU isn't stopping Celeb but like TCU v. Michigan or USC v. Tulane, you just need a couple of timely stops. CU 49-42.

ASU: This should be a good game. Both teams improved during the portal. I expect Rashada to start. This game might just be a really bad matchup as CU has a mix of things to make this a long day for a true FR QB. I have this as his first bad game. I think he will play well in the others, including against USC who will crush ASU. CU 49-3

Stanford: Another game I expect to be tougher than expected. Still, CU should win this game. 28-7 CU

UCLA: I actually really think UCLA is an excellent team this year. 2nd best to Washington in the PAC. QB really matters so much. I have this as a toss-up. If CU was to win, 35-32. This will be a close game, no matter what. UCLA has enough to keep CU to a level overall.

Oregon State: Styles make fights. Another toss-up for me. Development means so much because injuries could hurt either team. If CU wins, I am expecting 24-21 CU. Expecting a close game. OSU can really run. This could easily go either way.

Arizona: I like Jayden De Laura, the football player. I like his weapons. I like their coach. But they don't have the ability to shoot with CU or stop them. Then again, I don't believe CU will stop them either. 63-56 CU wins. Edge CU. Could be close.

Washington State: This should be tough. In Pullman. Ward v. Sanders. It's all about how the DL plays v. Washington St. OL which struggled greatly last year. If they dominate and WSU can't match CU for points, this could be a long night for Ward. That said, 42-35 CU. Edge CU. Could be close.

Utah: Another team I have beating the Buffs but the Buffs can beat anyone. Just a tough matchup and injuries could play a key role for CU. That said, Utah has to stop CU insane offense. 28-21 Utah but if Utah can't stop CU passing attack, 42-24 CU.

No PAC-12CC or playoff predictions.

Wins: 7 and 2 were upsets (TCU and USC)
Toss-Ups: 3
Losses: 2

Development and health will be key for CU.

I currently have 40 good players on CU. 2 are studs. 8 could join as studs. 2 potential Heisman candidates, and 11 potentially good players like Dylan, and Cormani, for instance.)

Depth is a concern for me.
I am having extreme doubt with the USC prediction without Hunter and USC linebackers have improved too. Yeah, 3-1 is good but 3-2 for sure.

I am having extreme doubt with the USC prediction without Hunter and USC linebackers have improved too. Yeah, 3-1 is good but 3-2 for sure.

I predicted before the season that the UO games was the impossile to win game. USC is a likely loss, but not impossible. USC has improved athleticism on defebut not scheme, coaching or focus.

I predicted before the season that the UO games was the impossile to win game. USC is a likely loss, but not impossible. USC has improved athleticism on defebut not scheme, coaching or focus.
It was a good one for us. Their pass rush isn't great but no Hunter. We just don't have the coverage or the #1 option. Weaver proved he's a stud #2 but just decent #1. Hunter was a #1 on both sides. Forced over the top help which opened everything up. **** #11

If anyone is crazy enough to bet CU covers the spread next week you should Venmo me the money. I will put it to good use. Rent, groceries. Text books etc.

Back