What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 CU Buffs Football Eligibility Chart

Yep.

Just to be clear to everyone, I'm not sugarcoating it and don't think it's ideal. I would much prefer having a veteran backup who had been in the system for 1-4 years and had game experience. But that wasn't possible. Just saying I prefer one of the frosh as our QB2 vs a veteran brought in with a defined backup role expectation for his time at CU (and I believe those were our options).

Ideally it will be a season of a healthy Shedeur and some blowouts of opponents which allow a frosh to get significant game reps in the 4th quarter.
Wait, giving underclassmen QB's real playing time is even legal?! I heard it used to happen at CU but I just thought that was folklore.

If he had to step in,I'd be willing to bet that Staub is better than anything we've seen for awhile. The QB room is what it is at this point.
If Bo Nix and Jayden Daniels are playing their eleventy-seventh year of college football, then surely we can bring Sam Noyer back for his doctorate studies, and he can back up Shedeur?

Don't know if this was already seen in Miami but putting it here.

https://thednvr.com/preseason-posit...deion-coach-prime-sanders-colorado-buffaloes/
meg ryan orgasm GIF

Safety is so deep they forgot about Myles Slusher. Legitimately running 7 deep of guys who have all seen a good amount of playing time
I brought this up to a CSU fan who claimed we have "zero depth" and added we have a pretty damn experience two deep of guys who, to a man, would be the best recruit on CSU's team...

Some people don't like being confronted with reality.

I brought this up to a CSU fan who claimed we have "zero depth" and added we have a pretty damn experience two deep of guys who, to a man, would be the best recruit on CSU's team...

Some people don't like being confronted with reality.
Something I just thought of about depth, if you only brought back 11 guys from last year's team, that's basically equating to a quality player somewhere in your depth chart at a lot of positions before you consider the recruits & transfers added.

Only concerns I have with our depth at almost all positions is we may have too many high level JAGs if guys don't separate.

Something I just thought of about depth, if you only brought back 11 guys from last year's team, that's basically equating to a quality player somewhere in your depth chart at a lot of positions before you consider the recruits & transfers added.

Only concerns I have with our depth at almost all positions is we may have too many high level JAGs if guys don't separate.
Would you rather have a P5 level athlete who is a JAG or a G5 level athlete trying to be an overachiever? We have already tried the latter and it doesn't work.

If you go back to some of my post over the past few years regarding the OL after games an I mentioned specific match ups when one of our O-lineman got to the right spot, was in good position and using good technique, and simply got run over by a superior athlete.

I'm sure the same thing could have been applied to other positions but the OL was where I watched the most.

Would you rather have a P5 level athlete who is a JAG or a G5 level athlete trying to be an overachiever? We have already tried the latter and it doesn't work.
I feel like there were both on the roster in past years. Especially 2020 and onward. It seemed that Tuck’s recruiting class was largely non-contributors, save a guy or two that left anyway.

I have faith in this staff to evaluate talent and motivate to get the best out of the roster. Plus it seems like the players are accountable and taking leadership serious…so hopefully there is a magical season in the tank for this year!

In the first couple of minutes of this video, Domineck talks about how well the team is gelling and vibing and how they’re all there to work and make each other better. He brings it up again a couple times throughout the video. Definitely seems like the players all get along and work, a testament to the culture that Coach Prime and his coaching staff have instilled here. I have seen a lot of dumb criticisms online, but I do think it’s fair to wonder if a team full of transfers might have a mercenary mentality where they don’t work for each other. I am pretty confident that will not be an issue here.

Also sounds like we are going to move defenders around a bunch in the front 7, lots of versatility.

In the first couple of minutes of this video, Domineck talks about how well the team is gelling and vibing and how they’re all there to work and make each other better. He brings it up again a couple times throughout the video. Definitely seems like the players all get along and work, a testament to the culture that Coach Prime and his coaching staff have instilled here. I have seen a lot of dumb criticisms online, but I do think it’s fair to wonder if a team full of transfers might have a mercenary mentality where they don’t work for each other. I am pretty confident that will not be an issue here.

Also sounds like we are going to move defenders around a bunch in the front 7, lots of versatility.

I have always thought the concern of them coming together was overblown. That's a matter of leadership, structure and psychology. I'd bet our military folks wouldn't bat an eye at the notion of getting 100 people to come together and become indoctrinated into a new culture over the course of months

I have always thought the concern of them coming together was overblown. That's a matter of leadership, structure and psychology. I'd bet our military folks wouldn't bat an eye at the notion of getting 100 people to come together and become indoctrinated into a new culture over the course of months
Chauncey seems to think it’s a pretty big deal. He mentions it in his speech to the team.

IMG_1057.jpg

I just started getting this today. Anyone know how to fix it? Are you posting twitter or what?

Last year’s team had fun by playing duck, duck, goose. This year’s team has fun by putting up PRs on the bench and freestyling.

And lest we forget, “don’t let 30 seconds to 5 minutes of pleasure give you a lifetime of regret.”
Do you think Deion Jr took exception to that?

Especially if we got to choose our unit and leader.

Outsiders seem to think that the first time this staff, and players are going to come together is when fall camp starts. Prime and Staff, and a decent core of players have been here since the beginning of 2023. That is pretty much a full year to get in, get acclimated, gel, and learn the system and schemes being implemented.

Meanwhile the media seems to think that schools like Nebraska, that is on the sixth head coach and staff since 2003, in a perilous culture due to location, yet the ship is getting “righted” by a guy that had success at a TX school, but tanked any momentum that a NFL team was making (that was in a Super Bowl 6-7 years prior)

Yes, CU doesn’t have the institutional or fanbase backing that the Nubs have…but! Given that CU has been a wildly hot topic since entering the Coach Prime HC consideration chat, I think the bus made a well place U-turn after 15-20 years of driving down a dark and lonesome highway…

Feely is likely long-distance placekicker and backup punter
Dylan Edwards and Jimmy Horn returning kicks and punts is electric, and Breedlove is dynamic as well
This is the 2nd best roster the Buffs have fielded in 15 years, within only 2016 being equivalent
Damn, cannot stop thinking about this game, being a Buff is so great

Jordan Domineck third on Outside linebacker? WOW
My first reaction as well.

And in this heat, I’m hoping Hunter only (has to) plays both ways for 1 or 2 quarters, then I feel like he’d be more valuable on defense.

Back