What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 NIT Tourney Thread

Allen is the best athlete on the team by a mile, probably is the second best ball in regards of being able to break someone down off the dribble.
He can break down someone off the dribble? When has he done that? I remember the first time he got on the floor he dunked on the walk ons, but he hasn’t broken down a single rotation player once in his limited minutes.

He doesn't play team ball and he's not a "tenacious defender"...

Please...anyone, name one aspect of Clifford's game that is better than Allen's 🤷

Allen is the best athlete on the team by a mile, probably is the second best ball in regards of being able to break someone down off the dribble.

If we were a losing team, you'd all be asking the same questions..."why is Tad playing these "scrappy" "hard workers" with no talent over a guy like Allen.

It's like giving Byron Ellis carries because "he's so coachable and puts in the extra effort"
It isn't that he's not a "tenacious defender," it is that he a disinterested defender, he barely tries.

Team ball as well, it is hard to say he is playing basketball. He plays pickup ball, nothing that resembles being a part of an organized offense or defense.

He may be the best player on the team in warm ups but nobody, and absolutely nobody, wins college games on their own, especially when they don't play defense.

I haven't give up on Allen but his not playing isn't why this team has been disappointing this year. Not only should Tad not be playing him but if Tad did play him the message to the rest of the team would be don't listen to the coach, don't worry about the system, just do your own thing.

QA was good enough in high school to get away with that, this isn't high school.

It isn't that he's not a "tenacious defender," it is that he a disinterested defender, he barely tries.

Team ball as well, it is hard to say he is playing basketball. He plays pickup ball, nothing that resembles being a part of an organized offense or defense.

He may be the best player on the team in warm ups but nobody, and absolutely nobody, wins college games on their own, especially when they don't play defense.

I haven't give up on Allen but his not playing isn't why this team has been disappointing this year. Not only should Tad not be playing him but if Tad did play him the message to the rest of the team would be don't listen to the coach, don't worry about the system, just do your own thing.

QA was good enough in high school to get away with that, this isn't high school.
And Clifford chasing his man 3 steps behind for the last 6 games is better? At least Quincy might score or at worst be a net zero factor while on the court.

Which part of the crap we're watching counts as "organized offense"?

It's offensive, but I don't think that's what you were going for.

"Systems" are why I hate college basketball when it comes down to it. I prefer the wide open game of the NBA. Not that they don't have systems, but they aren't the rigid BS college coaches employ.

That should’ve been a flop T. The outside ref was so excited to call the offensive foul, and he can’t see ****.

"Systems" are why I hate college basketball when it comes down to it. I prefer the wide open game of the NBA. Not that they don't have systems, but they aren't the rigid BS college coaches employ.
All of the multi-tool, "wide open game" guys have a more linear path to the NBA. It only looks wide open because they're just ready for the next level. And the NBA isn't street ball.

Hammond was pretty lousy for most of the game, making some great plays the last few possessions though. How can you not like what LOB brings. 14 Boards!
He's become the guy that every good CU team has had. Roberson, King, Bey. High energy, athletic, can grab you a double double any night

Skinner Embarrassment GIF by The X-Files

Back