What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Pac 12 Tourney thread- #9 seed MEN'S bball (Las Vegas; 2nd round game vs. #1 seed/ #2 ranked UCLA, Thursday, 3/9, 1:00 PM MT, Pac 12 Networks)

UCLA doesn't play defense as much as they grab, reach, punch, slap... What bvllsh!t. Should be called every time down the floor.

You a such a freaking whiner about referees. UCLA is simply tougher then everyone in the PAC 12.

Crazy after Da Silva hit the 3 to put the buffs up 61-60 with 5:18 remaining

CU Made Field Goals: 2
UCLA Made Field Goals: 3

Free Throws:
CU: 0
UCLA 10

Until the techs, like come on definitely not a person to get on the refs but that's absurd in a tournament win or go home game at the end of an amazing back and forth game that totally just gives the game away

Buffs played a great game. (The Ives each had 10+)

The CU fan who got thrown out should get an award.

Can't wait to hear Tad on KOA. Maybe he just wanted to seem more "colorful" for the NIT folks.

It will be interesting to see that if Hammond can keep up this performance level after KJ comes back

Foul shots: CU 7 of 11, ucla 24 of 31 (including the Ts). And ucla is the aggressive, grab the ball team.
P 12 wants a #1 seed in the Tourney. I'm not saying the refs wanted us to lose, but they gave ucla all the breaks

Serious question: if/when UCLA goes to the Big Ten and AZ goes to the Big 12, how many more conference games do they lose because the conference refs won't be conditioned to give them the benefit of the doubt on every call?

We've bitched about Pac-12 refs being ****ty in basketball and football for as long as we've been in the conference, but it's seemed like random ****tiness except for when UCLA and AZ basketball are involved. Then the ****tiness invariably slants one way. I'm not just talking about us, either. I honestly feel like the refs just systematically give the benefit of the doubt to those teams in every game.

What happened there at the end. Tad was pretty upset with the refs and gave them a piece of his mind every time out but what set that whole thing off. It seemed pretty personal with that one ref?

In all my years on this site, I don’t think I’ve ever said one thing about the refs … but holy ****. The amount of phantom calls UCLA got is criminal. It’s a total joke. I don’t believe in conspiracy that the league wants UCLA to win but I think it’s gross incompetence. Absolutely impacted the game. UCLA has more firepower and made more plays down the stretch but ****, we can’t play against the refs too. Glad to see Tad get tossed.

All you experts (buffs233 and others) that said Hammond still doesn’t belong after the previous two great games, what’s your assessment now? Went toe to toe with Tyger. The guy has more than proved he can play and with a good off season, could really become dangerous next year. I like the idea of Hammond at PG and KJ at the 2.

Nique needs to hit the portal today. Total liability the likes of which we haven’t seen from a starter in quite awhile. Go be Treshaun Fletcher somewhere else.

Last edited:
In all my years on this site, I don’t think I’ve ever said one thing about the refs … but holy ****. The amount of phantom calls UCLA got is criminal. It’s a total joke. I don’t believe in conspiracy that the league wants UCLA to win but I think it’s gross incompetence. Absolutely impacted the game. UCLA has more firepower and made more plays down the stretch but ****, we can’t play against the refs too. Glad to see Tad get tossed.

All you experts that said Hammond still doesn’t belong after the previous two great games, what’s your assessment now? Went toe to toe with Tyger. The guy has more than proved he can play and with a good off season, could really become dangerous next year. I like the idea of Hammond at PG and KJ at the 2.

Nique needs to hit the portal today. Total liability the likes of which we haven’t seen from a starter in quite awhile. Go be Treshaun Fletcher somewhere else.
I’m not one to complain about refs…win and move on. This was awful. They hanged with UCLA and will improve with incoming class.

Serious question: if/when UCLA goes to the Big Ten and AZ goes to the Big 12, how many more conference games do they lose because the conference refs won't be conditioned to give them the benefit of the doubt on every call?

We've bitched about Pac-12 refs being ****ty in basketball and football for as long as we've been in the conference, but it's seemed like random ****tiness except for when UCLA and AZ basketball are involved. Then the ****tiness invariably slants one way. I'm not just talking about us, either. I honestly feel like the refs just systematically give the benefit of the doubt to those teams in every game.
Speaking of conferences with sh!tty refs, anybody watching the A10 Tournament? Holy hell these officials are terrible. Wow.

Speaking of conferences with sh!tty refs, anybody watching the A10 Tournament? Holy hell these officials are terrible. Wow.
People here love to bitch about Pac 12 refs, but they suck just as much everywhere else, too. Big XII refs this year basically let you mug people.

At the 10:00 mark in the second half, there was that charging foul on us when Bona set his feet outside the restricted area which was good, BUT, in the replay, he leans forward and initiates the contact, that is a BLOCK!

Then a bit later, the moving offensive screen foul was absolute garbage as Gabbidon is set forever, and the UCLA guy blows it up, but then flops, and thus he gets the foul. Both times, UCLA was vulnerable, but got the benefit of the doubt and pulled away.

There were so many other and 1 fouls, or fouls on shooting that the FT difference and the other calls I mentioned were completely set up to help UCLA pull away and move on.

Back