What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Recruit Profile Index & Recruiting News

You can never have more than 85 counters enrolled at any given time. For spring you count only those players that are enrolled, i.e. returning players, mid-year transfers, and high school/juco early enrollees. If you are not at or below (85-incoming) before June then you have to grayshirt enough incoming freshman to get to 85.
Ah, enrollment date vs signing date- I knew there was something I was missing. Thank you!

DT transfer from Fresno State. Looks to have 1 or 2 years of eligibility remaining?

FSU roster page - https://gobulldogs.com/sports/football/roster/leonard-payne jr./12131

HS recruiting page - https://247sports.com/player/leonard-payne-89523/

Was reading the thread on the Fresno State 247 board last night. They were very high on him but saying he was only getting about a dozen snaps a game. He was in the DL coach's doghouse for whatever reason. They didn't have any insight and didn't blame the player (could very well be the coach), but thought that it was best for him to leave whatever the reason for the conflict.

I agree. He needs a change of scenery to Boulder.

I'm just worried about his lack of size.
Pretty much all of Kent State's running backs under Lewis have been "undersized." Short, under 200. Edwards could put on some pounds by next year (170-175?).

Their leading rusher last year put up 1400 yrds. 5'7" 190. As a Sophomore he put up 1200 at 184. Edwards has a way to go on the weight, but with what he's been doing in high school, etc, I think this offense allows for undersized, fast running backs in a different way than other offenses.

I sure hope Lewis is actually planning on using TEs in the passing game. It would be a change from the their utilization at Kent State
I don't think they would be going after the tight ends they are if Prime/Lewis weren't intending on using them. The likely reason they weren't utilized at Kent State is probably due to the fact that elite receiving TE's are not super common and the ones that do come along aren't going to Kent State. I am prepared to eat crow if they don't use them effectively.

Only 3 of the 13 guys KD was going to sign and had their offers rescinded by CP have signed with someone. 😲

It feels like that title written to imply that they jetted because if Coach Prime?
Lauren Conrad Nod GIF by The Hills

It feels like that title written to imply that they jetted because if Coach Prime?
Lauren Conrad Nod GIF by The Hills
The article is pretty old by now, so it may not be accurate as to how many have signed elsewhere or will sign elsewhere. The major thrust of the article was that RG allegedly was telling recruits not to bail while the coaching search was going on with a promise that they'd still have a spot with whomever was ultimately hired. They were not saying they left because of Prime, but rather they were upset that they waited out the process only to be cut loose towards the end when they had fewer options to pursue. RG's quote in the article was mad squirrelly, so I have to assume there's some truth to what the old recruits are saying.

Back