What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Rocky Mountain Showdown Preview Thread (9/16/23)

Anyone know anything about this kid? First start I take it?
From ESPN

Fowler-Nicolosi helped Colorado State score 21 fourth-quarter points against Washington State in a 50-24 loss, passing for 210 yards and two touchdowns with an interception.

Looks like he started against Nevada last year.

CSU - Passing
PlayerCmpAtt.Yds.TDINTLongSack
Fowler-Nicolosi,Brayden11227802261
Totals11227802261

CSU - Rushing
PlayerAtt.GainLossNetTDLg.Avg.
Morrow,Avery2416911680237.0
Horton,Tory1909099.0
Fowler-Nicolosi,Brayden210820101.0
Vivens,A'Jon5660030.0
Holles,Keegan102-200-2.0
Totals33194171770235.4

Of course they fail to mention that their players are not good enough to play for luxury cars, check books and luggage or else they gladly would.
They might get some samsonite, used, from a goodwill.

hd tournament GIF

They should be forever grateful for the publicity their Ag University is about to get in a week. Provided we beat the Nubs, I suspect it will be the biggest audience their football team has ever received.

I remember in 1994, probably the greatest all around college football season the Front Range had ever seen, Utah came to Fort Collins to play what everybody thought would be the de facto WAC championship game. Both teams were in the top 10 (though the Buffs were higher than both). It was nationally broadcast on ABC, a friend of ours who worked for the CSU AD got to meet Brent Musberger. It was probably the biggest game in the history of Hughes Stadium, maybe in the history of the program. CSU turned the ball over 5 times including a 100 yard pick 6 in the final minute when CSU was trying for the game tying score.

Fortunately for the Rams, Air Force, who also had a damn fine team that season, beat the Yoots in Colorado Springs later that fall, allowing CSU to back into their first WAC championship. They went to the Holiday Bowl and actually did okay against Michigan, though the game was never really in doubt. Thus ended the greatest season in CSU history.

I actually miss ole lubejob. With the future we have... it would actually be nice to have csu playing well too (they won't ever be a threat to us recruiting or on the field going forward). I think it was either 98 or 99.. can't remember but like the first year at mile high. That was a legit electric atmosphere and good vibes for the whole state.

I actually miss ole lubejob. With the future we have... it would actually be nice to have csu playing well too (they won't ever be a threat to us recruiting or on the field going forward). I think it was either 98 or 99.. can't remember but like the first year at mile high. That was a legit electric atmosphere and good vibes for the whole state.
And don’t forget the aroma of tear gas!

More on Brayden Fowler-Nicolosi, moved to Aledo from Cali because Cali was not playing ball during COVID. Solid pocket passer with good vison because he has decent height. Not a speedster, but he is mobile.

Get off my turf bro. Backup quarterbacks are our kryptonite. I've seen it. 3rd stringers coming in and starting an NFL bound career. Guys who do nothing against anyone else their entire career going all Heisman on us. We are in trouble. This is going to suck

13/20, 210 yards and 2 TDs against WSU.

We are furked for sure

Get off my turf bro. Backup quarterbacks are our kryptonite. I've seen it. 3rd stringers coming in and starting an NFL bound career. Guys who do nothing against anyone else their entire career going all Heisman on us. We are in trouble. This is going to suck
Or...the actual answer...The kid realizes he is facing the biggest game of his life, on the national stage therefore chokes and throws 3 interceptions in the first quarter and gets pulled.

Best part of the CU/CSU series is when people say **** like "CU is afraid to play CSU in Denver because they know they'll lose." You know what the series record is in Denver? 13-6 CU. Sonny had a good stretch where CSU won 3 out of 4 and apparently that's all people remember about the RMS series in Denver. They seem to forget about all the other times, including the last 5 or so where we have cvnt punted them every time.

Back