What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Rocky Mountain Showdown Preview Thread (9/16/23)

CU got a talent upgrade across the board but more importantly, players who are dogs in everything related to football. Even MacIntyre’s teams who didn’t put in the effort post 2016 had no problems beating CSU.

I will believe CSU can beat CU when I see that happen. Otherwise CU wins by default.

CSU lost 41-10 to a damn FCS team last year. If we're good this year, RMS will be a "name your score" day for our Buffs.

Nice thought but I think it would be fair to expect CU to start out slow after playing TCU & Nebraska and CSU coming off a bye week. Last time we had that was when CU played AFA, CSU, and the Nubs. After playing the Nubs & CSU, CU fell in OT at home against AFA but I don't see Coach Prime putting up with that kind of effort.

If CU's O is clicking, it will not matter for CSU because CU will win that game.

Nice thought but I think it would be fair to expect CU to start out slow after playing TCU & Nebraska and CSU coming off a bye week. Last time we had that was when CU played AFA, CSU, and the Nubs. After playing the Nubs & CSU, CU fell in OT at home against AFA but I don't see Coach Prime putting up with that kind of effort.

If CU's O is clicking, it will not matter for CSU because CU will win that game.
AFA went 11-2 in 2019 on top of already being an extremely difficult team to play, so it wasn’t just a lack of effort against them that season. They were a very good team, so unless you believe CSU is also poised to make that kind of jump this season, there’s just no real reason why anyone should think they can compete with a CU team that is more talented at every position.

AFA went 11-2 in 2019 on top of already being an extremely difficult team to play, so it wasn’t just a lack of effort against them that season. They were a very good team, so unless you believe CSU is also poised to make that kind of jump this season, there’s just no real reason why anyone should think they can compete with a CU team that is more talented at every position.
That 2019 AFA team was pretty dern good. I did a lot of bored watching of MWC football that season.

That's assignment football with the option. The **** isn't easy to prepare for even if you know what's coming.
All that gap Integrity, read & react, stringing out the play / feathering was way too passive imo and I never listened to my coaches. Sure, I may have caused us to get burnt occasionally by crashing from the edge, but after the QB staggered to his feet with his helmet on sideways a couple times, the rest of the game was him being tentative and pitching early. That's how you stop the option.

They're not picked as low as I thought they would be

Those bottom 3 are going to be really bad football teams, painfully bad

Utah State lost some solid players to graduation and the guys replacing them are not considered to be as good.

Hard to tell with MWC teams because they rely on recruiting guys to develop. CSU could end up as high as 4 or as low as 10 but if forced make a bet I would bet down not up.

Seems like MWC, other academies, and CU are the only ones that can’t combat it.
Why didn’t CU watch old game film from the 90’s when the option (triple or otherwise) was king?

I say once this season is played out and we all see the elite speed and talent on the roster (taking a cue from Bigbang(2)), get the Zoomies on the schedule and hopefully the third time is a charm??

It is downright jarring seeing the speed and athleticism difference after mainlining multiple 15 minute CU behind the scenes videos all week.

evil-smile-patrick-star.gif

I wish we could get a close up of the faces of the CSU DBs the first couple times that guys like Horn and Weaver run a little intermediate route and Shedeur drops them a perfectly timed and placed ball.

"I got him, I got him, . . . damn.. . . . he gone."

CSU might be a PAC member when both teams meet. There is going to be a lot of laughter not only because of that but the scoreboard and their fans crying about the refs.

Back