What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Season Record Prediction

Regular Season Win Total?

• 10+

Votes: 8 5.5%

Votes: 3 2.1%

Votes: 17 11.7%

Votes: 36 24.8%

Votes: 55 37.9%

Votes: 20 13.8%

Votes: 5 3.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 0 / 1

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have no clue. Based on what I saw at the Spring game, I have 2-6 wins with a median of 4. With what he added and how many big time players are coming and the massive depth improvement, it could be a PAC-12 title win. Anything is possible.

6-11 wins with 7.5 as the median. CU will shock the world.

We don't play the Huskies this year though...

Charlie Sheen Applause GIF

I have no clue. Based on what I saw at the Spring game, I have 2-6 wins with a median of 4. With what he added and how many big time players are coming and the massive depth improvement, it could be a PAC-12 title win. Anything is possible.

Seems a touch too optimistic, but uck it we ball

One thing I can't get over is that we are now a team that has gamebreakers. A team like OSU is well-coached, old and will be good this year. But all of that don't mean **** when Shedeur decides to have a great game, or Travis takes over for 60 minutes. Or Jimmy Horn Jr goes off and gets mad. Or McCaskill runs angry.

We saw this with Shaq Thompson in 2014 or Jabrill Peppers in 2016 or Pittman in 2019. We have the dudes that just break game plans now. We had that with Laviska, but it was just him. Now it's like 8 different dues let's ****ing rock.

5-7,6-6 and we beat someone we shouldn't

Schedule
9/2 @ TCU WIN
9/9 vs Nebraska WIN
9/16 vs CSU WIN
9/23 @ Oregon LOSS
9/30 vs USC LOSS
10/7 @ ASU WIN
10/13 vs Stanford WIN
10/21 BYE
10/28 @ UCLA WIN
11/4 vs Oregon State LOSS
11/11 vs Arizona WIN
11/17 @ Washington State LOSS
11/25 @ Utah WIN

8-4.... not a bad first year.

Measuring Piece Of Cake GIF by Aurora Consulting - SBA EIDL Experts

Since we now have both our coaching staff and substantially all of our roster (77 of 85 scholarships) set, and we know what opponent rosters look like, let's get out our crystal balls.

Beyond your number for the poll question:

- what's your upside and downside number?
- which games do you see as the key swing games?
- what percentage chance do you give for our Buffs to make the Pac-12 Championship game?

Schedule
9/2 @ TCU
9/9 vs Nebraska
9/16 vs CSU
9/23 @ Oregon
9/30 vs USC
10/7 @ ASU
10/13 vs Stanford
10/21 BYE
10/28 @ UCLA
11/4 vs Oregon State
11/11 vs Arizona
11/17 @ Washington State
11/25 @ Utah
I don't see how CU will be anything but a decisive favorite over CSU, OSU, WSU, AZ, Stanford and ASU. To my mind, they win at least 5 out of those six.

TCU, the nubs and Utah make or break the season.

SC and Oregon will be tough games, I have no idea about UCLA.

I think 7 is the magic number. I can 9 W's, I cannot see less than 6.

I give the Buffs a 20% chance of playing for all the marbles in Vegas.

I don't see how CU will be anything but a decisive favorite over CSU, OSU, WSU, AZ, Stanford and ASU. To my mind, they win at least 5 out of those six.

TCU, the nubs and Utah make or break the season.

SC and Oregon will be tough games, I have no idea about UCLA.

I think 7 is the magic number. I can 9 W's, I cannot see less than 6.

I give the Buffs a 20% chance of playing for all the marbles in Vegas.
OSU is a well coached, veteran team that some believe is a top 20ish. I don't really get all the predictions here that CU loses that game, especially since it's in Boulder, but I don't think they're favorites in that game right now. Maybe when we actually get to game week, but as things stand right now, I think they are viewed as a 10+ point favorite.

OSU is a well coached, veteran team that some believe is a top 20ish. I don't really get all the predictions here that CU loses that game, especially since it's in Boulder, but I don't think they're favorites in that game right now. Maybe when we actually get to game week, but as things stand right now, I think they are viewed as a 10+ point favorite.
I see your point. That is part of the reason I said CU should win 5 of those six. Maybe OSU won't be a decisive dog when they come to Boulder, but I am not sold on Uagleleieleieleili, or whatever the Clemson QB name is. I like what Jonathon Smith is doing up there. But CU has totally retooled the roster and I frankly think it is better than anybody in the Pac not named SC, Oregon, UCLA or Washington. OSU and Utah are not far off, and very well coached, but CU is going to be a monster.

I see your point. That is part of the reason I said CU should win 5 of those six. Maybe OSU won't be a decisive dog when they come to Boulder, but I am not sold on Uagleleieleieleili, or whatever the Clemson QB name is. I like what Jonathon Smith is doing up there. But CU has totally retooled the roster and I frankly think it is better than anybody in the Pac not named SC, Oregon, UCLA or Washington. OSU and Utah are not far off, and very well coached, but CU is going to be a monster.
Just have to see what we’ve got brewing in the trenches. Otherwise, I’m excited by what we have going into the fall.

Schedule
9/2 @ TCU WIN
9/9 vs Nebraska WIN
9/16 vs CSU WIN
9/23 @ Oregon LOSS
9/30 vs USC LOSS
10/7 @ ASU WIN
10/13 vs Stanford WIN
10/21 BYE
10/28 @ UCLA WIN
11/4 vs Oregon State LOSS
11/11 vs Arizona WIN
11/17 @ Washington State LOSS
11/25 @ Utah WIN

8-4.... not a bad first year.

Measuring Piece Of Cake GIF by Aurora Consulting - SBA EIDL Experts
I’m not buying the OSU loss, especially at home.

Just make it to 6 any way possible.

Swing game is against the Nubs. Gonna make it real tough to be 1-4 and going to the desert where the Buffs have only won once in their last 7 tries.

Get to six, make a bowl and smash the opponent, have a huge recruiting boost off of the progress and shoot for the moon in 2024.

200.gif

This is the year we beat USC for the 1 win no one expects. I don't think WSU or OSU will keep up with our talent, but we could lose either or both of those. Best case 8-4, worst case 5-7. There's no way we lose to NU, CSU, ASU, Stanford, or UA.

9/2 @ TCU L
9/9 vs Nebraska W
9/16 vs CSU W
9/23 @ Oregon L
9/30 vs USC W
10/7 @ ASU W
10/13 vs Stanford W
10/21 BYE
10/28 @ UCLA L
11/4 vs Oregon State W
11/11 vs Arizona W
11/17 @ Washington State W
11/25 @ Utah L

I dont know any of you can pick this given the new roster. We have like no idea how its gonna go. So I went right down the middle.

I dont know any of you can pick this given the new roster. We have like no idea how its gonna go. So I went right down the middle.
This is a concern. I remember being completely excited for Robert Barnes and Jack Lamb coming in on transfers a couple years ago, and then being confused on why Quinn Perry was the projected starter.

Not saying that I’m not excited for the fresh outlook and hype of a completely new Buffs team from HC to scout team. It’s just a thought that comes frolicking along in my brain every now and again…

This is a concern. I remember being completely excited for Robert Barnes and Jack Lamb coming in on transfers a couple years ago, and then being confused on why Quinn Perry was the projected starter.

Not saying that I’m not excited for the fresh outlook and hype of a completely new Buffs team from HC to scout team. It’s just a thought that comes frolicking along in my brain every now and again…
The only reason we were getting guys from the likes of Notre Dame and Oklahoma in previous regimes, was because other teams did their due diligence and decided to pass. Lamb obviously had the injury concerns and Barnes was nothing special.

The guys we are getting now from similar level schools? Go and look at their offers while in the portal and it’s easy to see that these are a different caliber of athlete and they were wanted by other teams for that reason. No concerns about ability, they just wanted to be THE guy at their position instead of one among many.

9/2 @ TCU -- L
9/9 vs Nebraska -- W
9/16 vs CSU -- W
9/23 @ Oregon -- L
9/30 vs USC -- L
10/7 @ ASU -- W
10/13 vs Stanford -- W
10/21 BYE
10/28 @ UCLA -- L
11/4 vs Oregon State -- L
11/11 vs Arizona -- W
11/17 @ Washington State -- W
11/25 @ Utah -- L

6-6, but Sanders has to stay healthy all season for this record.

9/2 @ TCU -- W
9/9 vs Nebraska -- W
9/16 vs CSU -- W
9/23 @ Oregon -- L
9/30 vs USC -- L
10/7 @ ASU -- W
10/13 vs Stanford -- W
10/21 BYE
10/28 @ UCLA -- L
11/11 vs Arizona -- W
11/25 @ Utah -- L

I think Colorado teams do well in September. Not sure if it's the altitude or what, but the Broncos and Buffs seem to get wins early and fade late. I voted for 7 wins and this is how I see it. The hypothetical 3-0 start will be amazing.

9/2 @ TCU -- L
9/9 vs Nebraska -- W
9/16 vs CSU -- W
9/23 @ Oregon -- L
9/30 vs USC -- L
10/7 @ ASU -- W
10/13 vs Stanford -- W
10/21 BYE
10/28 @ UCLA -- L
11/11 vs Arizona -- W
11/25 @ Utah -- L

6-6, but Sanders has to stay healthy all season for this record.
this looks very realistic to me. the UCLA game after the bye will be an interesting one

This one is my favorite so far.

Back