What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Transfer Portal

Can't argue with a kid taking the $$ when he can but I think that Prime has the right answer for a lot of kids.

For most the NIL money doesn't compare to NFL money and who is a better choice for getting a guy into position to be drafted highly?

Again it depends on the kid but if a guy has a dream of playing in the league then Prime has something for him to look at.
Wrong board MTN

Can't argue with a kid taking the $$ when he can but I think that Prime has the right answer for a lot of kids.

For most the NIL money doesn't compare to NFL money and who is a better choice for getting a guy into position to be drafted highly?

Again it depends on the kid but if a guy has a dream of playing in the league then Prime has something for him to look at.

Thats probably fairly true with Football. Even when CU was crap, there were a couple guys still going to the NFL. In basketball, it seems to me that there are a lot of good players that can cash in on NIL, but have little chance of getting more than a cup of coffee in the NBA. NBA seems to go after guys with a ton of potential just on the verge of going off (or they are 1 year rentals), opposed to these guys who are a bit more proven at the college level.

I am sure someone will find a stat proving my thoughts wrong, so thats fine too.

I also really agree with the NFL over NIL, and the supporting players getting NIL deals the way Prime is doing it. The places where boosters are just paying them to come to their school seems like a bad idea in the long run.

Thats probably fairly true with Football. Even when CU was crap, there were a couple guys still going to the NFL. In basketball, it seems to me that there are a lot of good players that can cash in on NIL, but have little chance of getting more than a cup of coffee in the NBA. NBA seems to go after guys with a ton of potential just on the verge of going off (or they are 1 year rentals), opposed to these guys who are a bit more proven at the college level.

I am sure someone will find a stat proving my thoughts wrong, so thats fine too.

I also really agree with the NFL over NIL, and the supporting players getting NIL deals the way Prime is doing it. The places where boosters are just paying them to come to their school seems like a bad idea in the long run.
Yeah. Good players who would not get an NBA contract make more money as college players than they would in the G League or an initial contract in an international league.

do we think Cody Williams has any sort of NIL deal?

I'd like to think there is money to be found in Boulder/Denver with the right backing from the AD :)sick:) but I wonder if Tad is also concerned about team dynamics. have to imagine that locker rooms might implode if players who were bought and paid for on the transfer market underperform while guys like KJ and TDS who earned their place at the program aren't getting paid

Good pick up for the Cards- big east battled, NCAA tourney experience and double digit scoring average at Providence. They've struggled at the PG spot for ages and they really struggle in the transfer era with their admission requirements. This is huge for them!

Definitely throwing gasoline on an already firey exit!

Cracking Up Lol GIF

It's a step up from UNC where I thought he'd land...I guess.

I've been a CU fan living in CO for almost 10 years now and feel qualified to weigh in:
  • CSU is consistently one of the largest (if not the largest) attended games every year in hoops
  • the football game pulled 50k+ when played in Denver
  • CU and CSU grads compete for many of the same job openings in-state upon graduation
  • anecdotaly, CSU games generate as much or more message board traffic as any other games
I think they're a rival.

That saiid, I also think that CU lacks a "primary rival" which checks all the boxes (simliiar to VT in this regard). we no longer play every year in football, or even with any regularity. the two teams (to my knowledge) don't have a history where the CU/CSU game has major implications for both teams. I don't believe there's any trophy awarded between the schools. We don't signficantly recruit against each other.

It’s just an obsession I guess. Having grown up in Colorado, I’ve always thought of CSU as a very large high school. Not terrible academically, but just an afterthought and kind of dull.
Well, that's one way to look at it. At least you didn't bang one of their future students in Cancun. She wasn't all that and a bag of chips, pretty hot though. Good butt and knockers, I wasn't complaining at the time, especially since my flight got bumped up about 4 hours and ****ing JB passed out in our room, we thought he was dead for Christ Sake. We finally woke his ass up, barely made it for the shuttle. **** that pilot for eternity. We'd left the club, grabbed our stuff, our friend too, and went straight there. Then this asshole is dipping the wings and **** on the flight back, laughing his ass off about it over the damn intercom. My God, I wanted to kill that mother****er. :D

I've been a CU fan living in CO for almost 10 years now and feel qualified to weigh in:
  • CSU is consistently one of the largest (if not the largest) attended games every year in hoops
  • CU and CSU grads compete for many of the same job openings in-state upon graduation
  • anecdotaly, CSU games generate as much or more message board traffic as any other games
I think they're a rival.

That saiid, I also think that CU lacks a "primary rival" which checks all the boxes (simliiar to VT in this regard). we no longer play every year in football, or even with any regularity. the two teams (to my knowledge) don't have a history where the CU/CSU game has major implications for both teams. I don't believe there's any trophy awarded between the schools. We don't signficantly recruit against each other.
Hard to have a rivalry with a school that you beat 4 out of every 5 times you play them even though they target the game as the game that makes or breaks their season.

They shouldn't be a rival, they compete in a lower level conference, don't have close to the same resources, don't have the history, and don't have the national recognition.

Fair to say that for them we are the target and we respond as fans to that but a rival should be somebody who you look to beating as meeting a certain standard, they aren't it.

Well, that's one way to look at it. At least you didn't bang one of their future students in Cancun. She wasn't all that and a bag of chips, pretty hot though. Good butt and knockers, I wasn't complaining at the time, especially since my flight got bumped up about 4 hours and ****ing JB passed out in our room, we thought he was dead for Christ Sake. We finally woke his ass up, barely made it for the shuttle. **** that pilot for eternity. We'd left the club, grabbed our stuff, our friend too, and went straight there. Then this asshole is dipping the wings and **** on the flight back, laughing his ass off about it over the damn intercom. My God, I wanted to kill that mother****er. :D
Old School Reaction GIF

Old School Yes GIF

I think they're a rival.

Slight disagreement here:

Not consistently a real rival because they are G5 and we are P5. The games do generate some interest amongst the local press.

Not to sound like a snob, Hokie, but very generally speaking, in my experience the top CSU grads in most fields are not really competing with the top CU grads for jobs although they may be interviewing. At least is was like that from the 1960s through 2000, and it probably is true today.

Caveat: The rural Colorado kids who are at CSU getting Ag Science degrees are a separate breed and can be pretty interesting.

I don’t have a hard time rooting for CSU if they’re not playing Wyoming or CU, but it’s not highly likely I’m watching a generic CSU game anyway.

I don't have hate for CSU. Good school with some great academic programs. If my son wanted to be a vet, for example, I'd be very happy if he went there.

My feelings are a bit different when it comes to Nebraska.

I think they're both rivalries, but different types.

Still hoping to see Utah develop some passion. Maybe it will happen these next 5 years. I know I'm now more into it for basketball due to the Lovering transfer.

I don't have hate for CSU. Good school with some great academic programs. If my son wanted to be a vet, for example, I'd be very happy if he went there.

My feelings are a bit different when it comes to Nebraska.

I think they're both rivalries, but different types.

Still hoping to see Utah develop some passion. Maybe it will happen these next 5 years. I know I'm now more into it for basketball due to the Lovering transfer.
Futah

I think they're a rival.

No.

Back