What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Transfer Portal

We know. Your dream team is the Zo-Dikembe Georgetown team that won nothing.
And you dream of a team full of nothing but pgs, but since tad seldom recruits them, and only gets the good ones as off casts, we're more likely to have 7 niques and yaz's. Apparently you like what's we've won under Tad - which is that nothing you mentioned.

I'll take a team with enough bigs to actually compete with AZ and UCLA once in a blue moon.

We will never get the guards required to beat those teams without good bigs - at least the last 13 years of Tad have shown that.

And you dream of a team full of nothing but pgs, but since tad seldom recruits them, and only gets the good ones as off casts, we're more likely to have 7 niques and yaz's. Apparently you like what's we've won under Tad - which is that nothing you mentioned.

I'll take a team with enough bigs to actually compete with AZ and UCLA once in a blue moon.

We will never get the guards required to beat those teams without good bigs - at least the last 13 years of Tad have shown that.
Are there any teams in the Sweet 16 that aren't playing either 3G/2F, 2G/1W/2F, or 2G/2W/1F?

Someone, I think on Twitter but maybe it was here on Allbuffs, but I don’t remember who, said a couple weeks ago you can tell the difference between a casual and someone who knows hoops based on their opinion on Lawson Lovering. That was so damn true and even more true today. I wish it was me that said that.

Yet he was still one of the worst three box +/- players on the team.
That's why I said him departing is good and bad.

His limitations often hurt more than helped this year. But his progression was taking that to where he was turning the corner as a consistently + player the last quarter of the season.

I do think we can upgrade to a more metric-friendly offense now, but our defense lost its best piece.

That's why I said him departing is good and bad.

His limitations often hurt more than helped this year. But his progression was taking that to where he was turning the corner as a consistently + player the last quarter of the season.

I do think we can upgrade to a more metric-friendly offense now, but our defense lost its best piece.
IMO, if we can simply trade Centers with Wyoming, we'll be in a lot better shape next year to make a run 🤷. I think high level G5 is a great spot for LL.

Are there any teams in the Sweet 16 that aren't playing either 3G/2F, 2G/1W/2F, or 2G/2W/1F?
Sure, I'll play your game:

Alabama plays: G G F F C (starting 5)
They beat Maryland playing G G G F F (starting 5)

Houston: G G G F F
Beat Auburn G G G F F

Arky: G G G G F
Beat Kansas: G G G F F

Texass: G G F F F
Beat PSU G G G G F

UCLA: G G G G F
Beat NW G G G F C

Duke: G G F C C
Beat TN: G G G F F

SDSU: G G G F F
Beat FU: G G G F F

Princeton: G G F F F
Beat MO: G G G G F

MSU: G G G F C
Beat MU: G G G F F

Zags: G G G F F
Beat TCU: G G F F F

UCONN: G G G F F
Beat St. Mary: G G G F C

Creighton: G G G F C
Beat: **** Bailer: G G G F F

Xavier: G G G F F
Beat: Pitt: G G G F F

KSU: G G G F F
Beat UK: G G F F F

Miami: G G G G F
Beat IU: G G F F F

FAU: G G G G C
Beat: FDU: G G G F F

So by my count, 5 / 16 start a center, (1 of them starts 2 centers, and 1 of them starts 2 forwards with their center). 4 Instances of a team with more guards beating a team with more forwards or forwards and centers. 4 instances of teams with more forwards / centers beating teams with more guards.

We should probably be more worried about making the dance more than 1/4 years before we try to win it. We'll make it more often when we do well in conference. We'll do better in conference when we can dominate the lowers and hang with the uppers.

Nique started almost every game. QA, sure, but Nique earned his bottom rating.
I wasn't throwing Quincy in there to **** in him. I was just stating that Lovering was amongst our worst players, along with a guy everyone wants gone and a guy that barely played.

Sure, I'll play your game:

Alabama plays: G G F F C (starting 5)
They beat Maryland playing G G G F F (starting 5)

Houston: G G G F F
Beat Auburn G G G F F

Arky: G G G G F
Beat Kansas: G G G F F

Texass: G G F F F
Beat PSU G G G G F

UCLA: G G G G F
Beat NW G G G F C

Duke: G G F C C
Beat TN: G G G F F

SDSU: G G G F F
Beat FU: G G G F F

Princeton: G G F F F
Beat MO: G G G G F

MSU: G G G F C
Beat MU: G G G F F

Zags: G G G F F
Beat TCU: G G F F F

UCONN: G G G F F
Beat St. Mary: G G G F C

Creighton: G G G F C
Beat: **** Bailer: G G G F F

Xavier: G G G F F
Beat: Pitt: G G G F F

KSU: G G G F F
Beat UK: G G F F F

Miami: G G G G F
Beat IU: G G F F F

FAU: G G G G C
Beat: FDU: G G G F F

So by my count, 5 / 16 start a center, (1 of them starts 2 centers, and 1 of them starts 2 forwards with their center). 4 Instances of a team with more guards beating a team with more forwards or forwards and centers. 4 instances of teams with more forwards / centers beating teams with more guards.

We should probably be more worried about making the dance more than 1/4 years before we try to win it. We'll make it more often when we do well in conference. We'll do better in conference when we can dominate the lowers and hang with the uppers.
Duke lost FYI. Plus Filipowski can actually stretch the floor and has a faceup, dribble drive game. It's ok to have 2 legit centers, but they shouldn't both be out there at the same time.

Duke lost FYI. Plus Filipowski can actually stretch the floor and has a faceup, dribble drive game. It's ok to have 2 legit centers, but they shouldn't both be out there at the same time.
My bad on Duke. As far as playing them both, I'm not the coach, so . . .

Edit - they ran 4 centers in that game, so maybe 2 at a time isn't that bad?

And having a face up game is a good thing in a big - not saying it isn't.

I'm saying the all guard / small idea isn't going to get us anywhere in the PAC12, especially not with the level of guards Tad goes after - or at least gets. If you wanna run that kind of team, you need to be recruiting 2 pgs / year, not 1 pg every 2-3.

Last edited:
This is definitely a factor. His social feeds were full of fvcking dipdh!ts telling him how bad he was. This fan base is garbage.
That has always been true. There have always been some CU “fans” and students that are scumbags. It’s gotten a little worse since admission standards have fallen. Not to say that all the jerks on social media are necessarily CU students however. Good luck to LL wherever he lands.

My bad on Duke. As far as playing them both, I'm not the coach, so . . .

Edit - they ran 4 centers in that game, so maybe 2 at a time isn't that bad?

And having a face up game is a good thing in a big - not saying it isn't.

I'm saying the all guard / small idea isn't going to get us anywhere in the PAC12, especially not with the level of guards Tad goes after - or at least gets. If you wanna run that kind of team, you need to be recruiting 2 pgs / year, not 1 pg every 2-3.
The other one is Michigan State. They're 3G/2F and a great example of how I think CU's been best constructed. Basically, 2 guards who can play point, 1 bigger guard we'd call a wing, then a couple forwards who can both bang and stretch.

Since Tad does pay attention to +/- quite a lot, it's interesting that he was so high on LL.
I think it's fair to question if sometimes Tad plays favorites, and let's his personal feelings about a kid cloud his judgement.

(this post has nothing to do with Quincy Allen)

That has always been true. There have always been some CU “fans” and students that are scumbags. It’s gotten a little worse since admission standards have fallen. Not to say that all the jerks on social media are necessarily CU students however. Good luck to LL wherever he lands.

correlating an observed uptick with “admission standards” dropping when fans in the 90s/00s threw battery filled marshmallows at opposing teams? feels a bit dog whistle-y

it’s simply the age of social media. everyone (young and old, left and right) feels they are entitled to engage with someone they have never met. often times in a very negative, unprovoked way. it sucks

not to get off track but it’s really disheartening to see a large cut of men who think displaying that kind of behavior gives them clout in some way. towards college kids nevertheless

wishing the best for LL. I’m pro Tad or RG creating a campaign to change the culture of fans and social media if it gets too bad. go Ted Lasso on everyone

correlating an observed uptick with “admission standards” dropping when fans in the 90s/00s threw battery filled marshmallows at opposing teams? feels a bit dog whistle-y

it’s simply the age of social media. everyone (young and old, left and right) feels they are entitled to engage with someone they have never met. often times in a very negative, unprovoked way. it sucks

not to get off track but it’s really disheartening to see a large cut of men who think displaying that kind of behavior gives them clout in some way. towards college kids nevertheless

wishing the best for LL. I’m pro Tad or RG creating a campaign to change the culture of fans and social media if it gets too bad. go Ted Lasso on everyone
I always thought that the idea that CU fans threw battery filled marshmallows at other teams and other fans was a legend and a joke. Are you saying it was true?

In any event I’d guess that at least a third of the current CU students couldn’t have been admitted back when I went there. It was a somewhat selective school back in the day.

I always thought that the idea that CU fans threw battery filled marshmallows at other teams and other fans was a legend and a joke. Are you saying it was true?

In any event I’d guess that at least a third of the current CU students couldn’t have been admitted back when I went there. It was a somewhat selective school back in the day.
all I ever saw was tortillas (for the Fiesta Bowl), oranges (well, you know, for the Orange Bowl), liquor mart cups (cup wars), and regular marshmallows.

oh and water bottles onto the field.

oh and a giant dildo aimed at Warren Sapp from the horseshoe O area

all I ever saw was tortillas (for the Fiesta Bowl), oranges (well, you know, for the Orange Bowl), liquor mart cups (cup wars), and regular marshmallows.

oh and water bottles onto the field.

oh and a giant dildo aimed at Warren Sapp from the horseshoe O area
All very benign. 95% of Buff fans are great folks.

Can't confirm exactly what was thrown, but my first game I ever attended live the entire student section got thrown out, there was a streaker that wore a Burger King King mask, the guy in front of me offered me some of his flask. I was a little disappointed to learn that not all games were like that, but I've adjusted my expectations.

Can't confirm exactly what was thrown, but my first game I ever attended live the entire student section got thrown out, there was a streaker that wore a Burger King King mask, the guy in front of me offered me some of his flask. I was a little disappointed to learn that not all games were like that, but I've adjusted my expectations.
Hello GIF by DJ Khaled

just occurred to me that the low level of sensitivity at which Argus sets the detectors for going into games (e.g. don't buzz on keys and phone) would likely not complain over batteries either

When Tad over signed in Nov, I made the assumption that he knew someone was definitely leaving. I doubt that player was LL. I am very surprised that we did not get a transfer announcement right after the end of the PAC12 tournament. The longer this goes the more it feels like we are in for another surprise.

Back