What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Transfer Portal

I wonder if it means anything that Clifford started at PG against UVU while Hammond came off the bench.

When Tad over signed in Nov, I made the assumption that he knew someone was definitely leaving. I doubt that player was LL. I am very surprised that we did not get a transfer announcement right after the end of the PAC12 tournament. The longer this goes the more it feels like we are in for another surprise.

total recall film GIF

And I'm betting it's just as good, too

all I ever saw was tortillas (for the Fiesta Bowl), oranges (well, you know, for the Orange Bowl), liquor mart cups (cup wars), and regular marshmallows.

oh and water bottles onto the field.

oh and a giant dildo aimed at Warren Sapp from the horseshoe O area
The batteries were much more recent than when we used to make good bowl games. The marshmallow fights were circa 2010 if I remember, and they got **** canned when people started added things like batteries to the marshmallows for added "effect".

Dumb people always ruin a good thing - I thought the marshmallow fights were hilarious.

all I ever saw was tortillas (for the Fiesta Bowl), oranges (well, you know, for the Orange Bowl), liquor mart cups (cup wars), and regular marshmallows.

oh and water bottles onto the field.

oh and a giant dildo aimed at Warren Sapp from the horseshoe O area
I worked with the guy who threw that dildo. Seriously. He brought one to every Nebraska game too, and one of them could be seen on the TV broadcast landing near Tom Osborne.

Scotch - You remember meeting him at a Broncos pregame?

It's obvious that lack of leadership was an Achilles heel for this team. Maybe tad got spoiled with having players like Battey and wright for 4 and 5 years.
Tad worked hard to get someone to be a leader. I could tell he had lost the locker room early in the season, more in that no player stepped up and helped lead and pressure the other players to fully buy in to Tad's messages, like Battey and Wright did. Disappointed that Lovering is leaving because I felt he really worked hard to develop in Tad's system and was a defense and rebounding first guy. People like Tristen have not stepped up.

I also remain convinced that we overlook how lucky we have been to have some incredible leaders for such a long stretch. Spencer, Kin, and EB were all special in that regard, and guys like them don't usually come along that often.
Very true. and having Kin and EB at the same time, especially since Kin just did it from day 1, prevented anyone from developing into that role.

I wonder if it means anything that Clifford started at PG against UVU while Hammond came off the bench.
I looked at it as Tad scouting UVU and assuming Clifford's height and length would be better against Harmon and Woodbury. Whoopsies!

Xavier, maybe? Didn't Miller recruit him?
Sure did, that rumor mill is already kicking. Surprised though with his name being Kerr after Steve Kerr (zona alum), how much he was loved, LLoyd giving him a bunch of playing time and his specialty being international players that this happened.

Was this the first year for them in D1 after making the jump from D3, or second? Give me another Derrick White.

Edit: doesn't matter, he was a freshman, he didn't play D3 ball.
Second season in D1. In the summit. I live like 5 minutes from campus. Really cool area of St. Paul. They just got a 75 million dollar donation for an arena. Think they can do well in a good talent pool area of Minnesota in the summit league.

Rohde is a Freshman putting up 17, 4, and 4 on a mid major team transferring after freshman year, would optimistically be more of a seth curry career arc, Under recruited put up huge numbers as a freshman than transfers to the big time and develops at a higher level over a couple years.

He's from Milwaukee originally and tweeted about David Joplin on Marquette woudn't be shocked to see Shaka all over this kid or the badgers too. Will have a lot of competition.

I looked at it as Tad scouting UVU and assuming Clifford's height and length would be better against Harmon and Woodbury. Whoopsies!
Height and length only help if you bother to put your arms up on defense, or be anywhere near the guy you are guarding.

What do we think of these guys

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230322-194306.png
    Screenshot_20230322-194306.png
    153.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20230322-193956.png
    Screenshot_20230322-193956.png
    159.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20230322-194052.png
    Screenshot_20230322-194052.png
    171.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20230322-194239.png