What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024-25 off-season women's basketball thread

If anyone can transition from undrafted to a team it is Jaylyn Sherrod. She's been told all of her career that she can't do such and such because she's too small, too this or that. She certainly succeeded at Colorado.

You know she will give it her best effort.

I know it is rare to stick with a team in her circumstance, but I would not count her out.

If anyone can transition from undrafted to a team it is Jaylyn Sherrod. She's been told all of her career that she can't do such and such because she's too small, too this or that. She certainly succeeded at Colorado.

You know she will give it her best effort.

I know it is rare to stick with a team in her circumstance, but I would not count her out.
So hard in WNBA with only 150 jobs (12 teams) and no developmental league. As tough as it is for Men's players to take a job from a veteran outside of being a star talent or a retirement creating an opening, it's at least twice as hard for a women's player to earn a job.

I have no idea how reliable ESPN's rankings are (they look to be compiled by Charlie Creme), but AFTER the draft had completed last night, they had Sherrod ranked as the 64th best player available and the 36th ranked available guard.

I thought I saw some places where she was projected to be a 2-3rd round pick. I am obviously biased and am a (Very) amateur WBB fan with no understanding of the WNBA game, but I thought she could really help some teams. With that said, I hope she kills it.

Very surprised that Vonleh is transferring. I thought she had a very close bond to Coach Payne and that comfort was a big deal for her, and she figured to be a big part of the team next year. Very weird. .

I've read where Sherrod was project by some to go late 2nd or 3rd round and I've read where she was projected to be drafted. Quay and Charlotte also declared for the draft but not selected and have not seen where they were invited to camp.

I don't see either Quay or Charlotte making it in the WNBA.

Chucky Jeffrey never stuck with a WNBA team but she was very successful overseas. Mya Hollingshed is very successful overseas but didn't make a WNBA team.

Only the top 4 picks have a guaranteed salary.

I don't know if Jaylyn can stick with a team but I do know she will give it her best shot.

I'd assume some one Coach Payne will pencil in as a starter day 1? (If not, a KEY performer off the bench.)

Per the below, Lior Garzon, A 6'1" 5th year senior forward from Israel, has formally signed and is joining the Buffs after being at Oklahoma St. the last 2 seasons after starting her career at Vilanova. Last season averaged 9 pts./ 4.2 reb./ 1.5 assists while starting every game at OSU and averaging almost 34 minutes per game. Per the OSU roster page linked to below, set the OSU record for most 3's made in a season (80) in the 2022-23 season, when she only started 3 games, while hitting at a GREAT .410 clip. (Per OSU stats, she cooled off a LITTLE bit last season as a full-time starter, making "only" 60 at a .308 clip from beyond the arc.)

OFFICIAL welcome and congrats to her!

Article on her signing - https://cubuffs.com/news/2024/4/22/womens-basketball-buffs-land-oklahoma-state-transfer

"
BOULDER — Colorado women's basketball went back into the transfer portal on Monday and announced the addition of Oklahoma State transfer Lior Garzon.

Garzon played the last two years at OSU and spent her first two years at Villanova. She will have one year of eligibility in Boulder.

"We have known Lior for a long time and love everything about her," head coach JR Payne noted. "Lior can flat-out score the ball and will be an incredible addition to our squad. Her success in the Big 12 and her versatility to play multiple positions will open things up for everyone on the floor. I love that Lior brings a wealth of experience both in college and on the international level and will be a tremendous asset to our Buff Family."

Garzon, a native of Ra'anana, Israel, will be the first known Isralie student-athlete to compete for the Buffaloes across any sport.

The 6-1 forward has played in 119 career games and totaled 1,257 career points. She's averaging 10.6 points per game over four seasons and has hit 245 career 3-point field goals. She's a career 39.4% shooter and is 34.1% from behind the arc.

Garzon started last season on the Cheryl Miller Award Watch List as one of the top forwards in the nation. She started all 30 games for the Cowgirls last season, averaging 9.0 points per game and a career-high 33.8 minutes per game. Her best performance of the season came against Wyoming, going 7-for-13 from the field and 4-of-8 from deep for a season-high 24 points. She totaled 19 points and made a season-high five 3s against the Buffs last season in Boulder. Garzon closed the year with 94 total field goals, 60 of which came from behind the arc.

She played in all 33 games in her first season in Stillwater and set the school's single-season record with 80 3-pointers. She finished the 2022-23 season ranked 25th in the nation in 3-point field percentage with a career-best 41.0%. Garzon scored in double figures 16 times as a junior and had four games of 20 or more points.

Garzon leaves Oklahoma State ranked fifth in program history with 140 career 3-pointers.

While at Villanova, Garzon averaged 11.3 points and 3.5 rebounds in the first two seasons. She started all 32 games for the Wildcats in the 2021-22 season and was named the Big East Conference Co-Most Improved Player.

Internationally, Garzon helped Israel to a third-place finish at the 2018 18U Women's European Championship (Division B).

Garzon's sister, Yarden, plays basketball at Indiana.
"

Her OSU roster page - https://okstate.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster/lior-garzon/11116

I hate the Transfer Portal. I will not invest myself emotionally in individual players until they are seniors.

I will never understand what Vonleh did.

Back