What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024-25 off-season women's basketball thread

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Figured it's time to start this thread.

1st off, after 5 GREAT years at CU, wish Ms. Sherrod nothing but the best going forward!!!

(Of course, these best wishes also extend to all the Buffs- current, future and WBB alums.)

CU is not mentioned in the way too early top 25 nor should they be there. Who we have left can't do much alone. Will have to see how the roster ends up.

We've got a perimeter defender, an excellent post, and an elite 3pt shooter. Not enough, but it's a strong nucleus.
Frida needs to play like Caitlin Clark at the 3-point line. Shoot every chance she can get. They have an all Big12 inside-out game with her and Vonleh, but we need a shot maker. Is Sadler coming back?

Don't know if it's been mentioned before in this thread, but in the notes article available via a link in the below tweet, Pat Rooney lists Sara-Rose Smith as another one of the veterans on the team next season. Assuming that is a done deal, she will be another VERY nice veteran presence for Coach Payne to have available either as a starter or main bench rotation player.
(For any who don't follow that closely - like Formann and Sadler, it wasn't known whether Ms. Smith would be taking her 5th year or not in Boulder. .Note - The article also notes Ms. Sadler's status is still up in the air.)

CU is not mentioned in the way too early top 25 nor should they be there. Who we have left can't do much alone. Will have to see how the roster ends up.
Seems to me that given the new reality of the portal it definitely is way to early to put out a top 25. But I suppose the 24-7-365 sports press has to have something to talk/write about. We've just started to see some portal commitments nationally.

Seems to me that given the new reality of the portal it definitely is way to early to put out a top 25. But I suppose the 24-7-365 sports press has to have something to talk/write about. We've just started to see some portal commitments nationally.
It's always been way too early, but much more ridiculous now. All the sportswriters who put these out know that they're silliness, but they generate a ton of clicks and engagements.

Lot of chatter that Tara doesn't want to play in the ACC and I can't blame her.

Congratulations on a great career. One of the times we beat Stanford was in the Sweet Sixteen played in MIssoula, Montana in 1993 and Kate Paye was on that team. They were the defending national champions.

Tara is one of the classy coaches out there. I hope Tara enjoys not being the head coach and all the travel that ensues. People were saying she is also having problems getting grad transfers through the portal because of the academic requirements to attend Stanford.

She also coached a gold medal team in the Olympics.

You are correct, Mark. Tara already doubt with the Covid season when Stanford lived out of hotels because of restrictions in the Bay Area.

She understood that but this is too much for kids to do on a regular basis.

This one totally shocked me. She is a key part of the current team and was to be a key part of next year's team.

I do not understand unless it is because she is from Oregon and wants to play in a conference where she will get to go home more.

Back