What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Big 12 Preview

Checking around on preseason magazines:

Lindy's has a release date of May 28th...two weeks from yesterday!

They still do hard copy prints of preview mags? Seems like something that should be a digital release with a subscription for year-round updates. I'm not sure how much value there is on something that went to press no later than early May.

They still do hard copy prints of preview mags? Seems like something that should be a digital release with a subscription for year-round updates. I'm not sure how much value there is on something that went to press no later than early May.

Yes. You can order from Phil Steele right now and maybe get it early June. Phil Steele is one that sells digital copies but given the work that he and his company puts in, I think once the magazine is published, that's it for the season.

I usually go to Barnes & Noble and check out the hard copy magazines before purchasing them. Given how ready I am for football, I think I might just buy the Lindy's hard copy magazine on the 28th. I'm going to start checking B&N this weekend.

What QBs did Prime runoff? The rotation of G5 or lower, 1-win, talent from 22, or walk-on snowboarding Gavin Kuld from this year? Last I check the QB2 from 2023 was still on the roster.

Also the troll gold in the comments is full of comic book “AKCHEWALLY” dorks that wouldn’t know a football if it smashed their nose in ala Marsha Brady…

Did anybody tell them they misspelled "bailer"?
I hope the Buffs mud hole every BigXII team from TX this season…
Pee Wee Herman Texas GIF
(bowl)

Coming from the guy that thinks we still are running Sean Lewis' offense
Nobody that is predicting CU to have another poor season can articulate why they think that from a football perspective. It’s all just a bunch of “they had so much turnover”. But, as @manhattanbuff says, there’s a lot of money to be made on the public not knowing what this CU team is in 2024.

Nobody that is predicting CU to have another poor season can articulate why they think that from a football perspective. It’s all just a bunch of “they had so much turnover”. But, as @manhattanbuff says, there’s a lot of money to be made on the public not knowing what this CU team is in 2024.
I think that's got a lot to with this weird idea that this is finally going to be the year the Nubs take the massive step forward, and I don't get it. They're 6-6 IMO. I see losses at Ohio State (duh), at USC, Wisconsin, and at Iowa. Then there's the game with CU. I also don't think you can rule out somebody like Illinois beating them. Were it not for them scoring on the final play of the game, that would have been the biggest margin of victory by a CU team over Nebraska in the history of the rivalry. I know Raiola is probably going to be better than Sims and the German dude, but we all know how bad CU's line play was last year. If you hand me $100 and tell me I have bet it on CU-Nebraska, I'm going to take CU. First power 4 opponent Raiola will see, and I expect CU to be a hell of a lot better up front.

Over on CU for me because I see a sweep of the OOC. NDSU isn't Northern Colorado, but that's still somebody I think we beat by 14-17. CSU? You know Prime doesn't like Jay Norvell, and you know he wants to go to Fort Collins and hand Norvell an ass-whipping. I see two games on the schedule I expect CU to be favored in. **** Bailer is one. I think they could go 1-11. They open with Tarleton State. They follow that up by going to Utah (we know how much fun Kyle Whittingham's teams are to play every year) and then Air Force at home (AFA lost a lot, but I'm planning an over on them as well-I think the total's 5.5?). They don't have experience at QB, and they have a new OC in Jake Spavital. Aranda's probably done there at the end of the year. Cincinnati I don't think is going to be very good either. That's 5 wins.

Question is can CU get at least one of the other 7 conference games-(Utah, Oklahoma State, K-State, @KU, @UCF, @Arizona, @Texas Tech). The answer's yes-I mean I could see 3-4 in those games. This team is 8-4 IMO.

Someone from the national side finally bringing some logic

And that is it, that's the silver tuna...."Shedeur is so good, even with the poor offensive line play..."

All these CFB pundits need to disentangle the layers of complexities in evaluating teams and realize two things:

1: CU has the best QB in the Nation
2: CU has invested in developing the two most important positions to support their QB; the Oline and Wr corps.

Listened to the whole CU segment. I actually didn't find Andy Staples' opinions all that controversial or disappointing. He isn't sure CU is going to be significantly better than last year, but he acknowledges the CU roster is much better than last year, saying the floor is 4-8 but the ceiling is 8 or 9 wins if the OL protects Shedeur. The funny part is that he specifically mentions Seaton, Mayers, Benson and other OL additions, along with the Pitt transfers on the Edge and other DL as major upgrades and good players, but then goes back to questioning whether the OL and DL will be better than last year.

His ignorance still lies with the idea that Sean Lewis is an elite OC/playcaller and how Pat Shurmur is a downgrade from him because "Sean Lewis' offense doesn't require a great OL, while Shurmur's NFL offense does". The lack of understanding schematic fit for Lewis' offense and what was going on last year is a major fail on the part of most national media.

Anyways, his guest Ari Temkin, is much more bullish. Has the floor at 6-6 and ceiling at the Playoff. Says the roster is much more talented, the OL has been upgraded, Shedeur is the best QB in country and obviously conference, Travis Hunter is the best overall player in the conference, and CU has some of the best group of weapons in the conference.

And that is it, that's the silver tuna...."Shedeur is so good, even with the poor offensive line play..."

All these CFB pundits need to disentangle the layers of complexities in evaluating teams and realize two things:

1: CU has the best QB in the Nation
2: CU has invested in developing the two most important positions to support their QB; the Oline and Wr corps.
They both rattle off all the high impact transfers and acknowledge that nobody transferred out that was actually in their plans, except Edwards, talk about Shedeur and Travis being the two best players on the field in every game they play, talk about how the OL has been upgraded, etc and then Staples is like, "they won't be much better than last year, but maybe 5-7 or 6-6 is likely".

They both rattle off all the high impact transfers and acknowledge that nobody transferred out that was actually in their plans, except Edwards, talk about Shedeur and Travis being the two best players on the field in every game they play, talk about how the OL has been upgraded, etc and then Staples is like, "they won't be much better than last year, but maybe 5-7 or 6-6 is likely".
Animated GIF

Saw WVU's spring game and they looked good on offense when both QBs were running it.

Everyone is pointing to the tough OOC they have but when conference play starts, it'll be a clean slate on the road to Dallas.

Back