What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Big 12 Preview

I'm loving the fact that Utah is making its Big 12 debut in Stillwater. Could be a WELCOME TO THE BIG 12 along with an ass kicking by the Cowboys.

I don't have any real "rivalry" emotions attached to OSU, but it does feel like an annual Thanksgiving matchup I could more easily embrace than I was able to with Utah as something that I'd have circled on my calendar and care about even if there were no conference or playoff implications.

I don't have any real "rivalry" emotions attached to OSU, but it does feel like an annual Thanksgiving matchup I could more easily embrace than I was able to with Utah as something that I'd have circled on my calendar and care about even if there were no conference or playoff implications.

We disliked border rivals Nebraska, OU, Kansas, and Kansas State more than OSU back then. But the feeling, as small as it is, is still there.

We disliked border rivals Nebraska, OU, Kansas, and Kansas State more than OSU back then. But the feeling, as small as it is, is still there.
Plus, it makes sense. 2 schools in AZ, UT & KS. 4 schools in TX. So both CO & OK being border states that have some population crossover & a decent amount of driving between OKC & Den metros - with 1 member from each state - makes us the natural fit for us to have a secondary rivalry. Especially since we've played each other about 50 times.

Plus, it makes sense. 2 schools in AZ, UT & KS. 4 schools in TX. So both CO & OK being border states that have some population crossover & a decent amount of driving between OKC & Den metros - with 1 member from each state - makes us the natural fit for us to have a secondary rivalry. Especially since we've played each other about 50 times.

Yes I’m loving the fact that we have like eight border rivalries (counting TT in this case) in the Big 12.

And we are in the middle of it all geographically.

Reactions: GRM
Big 12 schedule was released and I'm sure #1 Pick is going over that and so am I. I'm going to list the OOC games for each B12 team:

UA: UNM, NAU, @KSU
ASU: Wyo, Miss State, @Texas State
BU: Tarlenton State, @Utah, Air Force
BYU: Southern Illinois, @SMU, @Wyo
UCF: New Hampshire, Sam Houston, @Florida
UC: Towson, Pitt, @Miami OH
CU: NDSU, @Nebraska, @CSU
UH: UNLV, @Oklahoma, Rice
ISU: North Dakota, @Iowa, Arkansas State
KU: Lidenwood, @Illinois, UNLV (played them in their bowl game)
KSU: UT-Martin, @Tulane, Arizona
OSU: South Dakota State, Arkansas, @Tulsa
TCU: @Stanford, LIU, @SMU
TT: Abliene, @WSU, UNT
Utah: Southern Utah, Baylor, @Utah State
WVU: Penn State, Albany, @Pitt

Which one looks like the hardest? Easiest?

You may not remember the 2016 Alamo Bowl. I was there. We owe those guys and their OAN-loving, mullet-wearing coach an asskicking.

As of today:

185 more days until CU officially rejoins the Big 12 (on August 2nd).
214 more days until CU hosts NDSU.

Big 12 schedule was released and I'm sure #1 Pick is going over that and so am I. I'm going to list the OOC games for each B12 team:

UA: UNM, NAU, @KSU
ASU: Wyo, Miss State, @Texas State
BU: Tarlenton State, @Utah, Air Force
BYU: Southern Illinois, @SMU, @Wyo
UCF: New Hampshire, Sam Houston, @Florida
UC: Towson, Pitt, @Miami OH
CU: NDSU, @Nebraska, @CSU
UH: UNLV, @Oklahoma, Rice
ISU: North Dakota, @Iowa, Arkansas State
KU: Lidenwood, @Illinois, UNLV (played them in their bowl game)
KSU: UT-Martin, @Tulane, Arizona
OSU: South Dakota State, Arkansas, @Tulsa
TCU: @Stanford, LIU, @SMU
TT: Abliene, @WSU, UNT
Utah: Southern Utah, Baylor, @Utah State
WVU: Penn State, Albany, @Pitt

Which one looks like the hardest? Easiest?
Oklahoma State and West Virginia are toughest

Utah and Texas Tech somewhat easiest

CFN article about its early Big 12 predictions after the schedule was released yesterday. Here's my thoughts for each team:

Arizona: They need to kiss Yormark's feet for the generous schedule they got. They could land in Jerry World if they keep the momentum from last season going. The Wildcats open with New Mexico (under a new HC) and Northern Arizona before facing KSU in a non-conference matchup. Then they have the benefit of a bye week before traveling to Salt Lake City followed by TT, @BYU, CU, WVU, and @UCF before their second bye week. Their final three games are Houston, @TCU, and ASU.

ASU: Brutal Big 12 schedule. See you in 2025. ASU opens at home against Wyoming, Mississippi State, @Texas State and their Big 12 opener is @TT before their first bye. They host Kansas & Utah before travelling to Cincinnati before their second bye. After that it's @OSU, UCF, @KSU, BYU, and @UA. I'm surprised they are not travelling to Morgantown given their former AD's comments about that.

Baylor: They don't have to face Utah in conference play but they get to warm up against a FCS team that missed out on the FCS playoffs and will be motivated to not let that happen again. Air Force should beat them as well. They open Big 12 play @CU, followed by hosting BYU and @ISU before their first bye. @TT, OSU, and TCU are the games before the second bye. Last three games are @WVU, @Houston, and Kansas.

Cincy: I'm not high on them but they have a favorable schedule so they could be a bowl team this year.

CU: We are going to dominate the Big 12. Any dissenters can just go jump in a big pile of buffalo dung.

Houston: The OOC is a problem as they play UNLV, @OU, and Rice. Rice beat them last season so an 0-3 start is a possibility. UH's conference schedule does not look friendly for a team with a new head coach despite missing out on CU, OSU, TT, UCF, and WVU. Like with ASU, see you in 2025.

Iowa State: That opener against North Dakota isn't going to be easy followed by a trip to Iowa. At least they got Arkansas State in OOC play. I'm seeing 5-6 wins on the Big 12 slate but that UND game is going to be big for them.

Kansas: OOC play doesn't appear to be that tough so a 3-0 start is possible. If they get past WVU on the road, they could be 7-0 entering the Sunflower rivalry game at KSU. This is a schedule that could land KU in the Big 12 CCG.

Kansas State: KSU looks like it could start 3-0 before opening conference play in Provo. After that, OSU comes to town before their bye week then the road trip to Boulder (CU has a bye week before KSU too). The stretch of OSU, @CU, @WVU, and KU could determine the success or failure of the season. They have three soft landing games after the KU game before the finale in Ames.

OSU: They open the season against the two time defending FCS championship South Dakota State Jackrabbits. I am not sure who is coming back for that squad but coupled with how slowly OSU started last season, this screams trap game. Why could this be a trap game? Because Arkansas comes to town followed by a trip to Tulsa. 1-2 start is possible but so is a 3-0 start. The Big 12 schedule does them no favors as they open against Utah at home, travel to Manhattan, and then host WVU before a bye week. The next four games appear winnable: @BYU, @BU, ASU, and @TCU. Pokes finish with TT and @CU. OSU might have appeared in two of the last three Big 12 CCG games but I don't feel comfortable pegging them for another trip to Jerry World.

TCU: They open at Stanford and I think they should win that one but you never know with Stanford. They host FCS LIU before hosting UCF in the B12 opener followed by a trip to rival SMU. @KU and UH follow before the bye week. Their next four games are: @Utah, TT, @BU, and OSU before their second bye week. They finish with a home finale against Arizona

Texas Tech: They host a FCS school before going to WSU before hosting UNT. TT hosts ASU & UC before going to Tucson before the bye week. Next four games before another bye are: Baylor, @TCU, @ISU, and CU. Last two games are @OSU and WVU. TT should contend for the Big 12 title this season after an underwhelming season based on preseason hype.

UCF: They host New Hampshire and Sam Houston State before going to TCU for the Big 12 opener. After the bye week they host CU before going to Florida the following week for an anticipated game against the Gators. After that, it's UC, @ISU, BYU, UA, and @ASU before the second bye week. They finish with @WVU and Utah in the season finale. I think the schedule could take a toll on them and maybe keep them out of a bowl game. The health of transfer QB Jefferson will be key.

Utah: They have Southern Utah, @BU, and @USU in their OOC slate. 3-0 in my opinion. Then they get a welcome to the Big 12 invitation to Stillwater before hosting Arizona at home before the bye week. Trio of games follow that bye with: @ASU, TCU, and @UH. After the second bye week it's: BYU, @CU, ISU, and @UCF. That path to Jerry World doesn't seem too difficult for the Utes.

WVU: Got to love that home opener against Penn State although it will be a tough one. Albany made it to the FCS semifinals so they shouldn't be taken lightly and then they go to Pitt for the backyard brawl. 2-1 at worst for the 'Eers. They host Kansas before the bye week. Then they go to Stillwater followed by: ISU, KSU, and @Arizona before their second bye week. They finish with @UC, BU, UCF, and @TT. They should make it to a bowl game but going to Jerry World appears out of the question.

*will go back and work on the earlier teams.

Last edited:

CFN article about its early Big 12 predictions after the schedule was released yesterday. Here's my thoughts for each team:

Arizona: They need to kiss Yormark's feet for the generous schedule they got. They could land in Jerry World if they keep the momentum from last season going.

ASU: Brutal Big 12 schedule. See you in 2025.

Baylor: They don't have to face Utah in conference play but they get to warm up against a FCS team that missed out on the FCS playoffs and will be motivated to not let that happen again. Air Force should beat them as well.

Cincy: I'm not high on them but they have a favorable schedule so they could be a bowl team this year.

CU: We are going to dominate the Big 12. Any dissenters can just go jump in a big pile of buffalo dung.

Houston: The OOC is a problem as they play UNLV, @OU, and Rice. Rice beat them last season so an 0-3 start is a possibility. UH's conference schedule does not look friendly for a team with a new head coach despite missing out on CU, OSU, TT, UCF, and WVU. Like with ASU, see you in 2025.

Iowa State: That opener against North Dakota isn't going to be easy followed by a trip to Iowa. At least they got Arkansas State in OOC play. I'm seeing 5-6 wins on the Big 12 slate but that UND game is going to be big for them.

Kansas: OOC play doesn't appear to be that tough so a 3-0 start is possible. If they get past WVU on the road, they could be 7-0 entering the Sunflower rivalry game at KSU. This is a schedule that could land KU in the Big 12 CCG.

Kansas State: KSU looks like it could start 3-0 before opening conference play in Provo. After that, OSU comes to town before their bye week then the road trip to Boulder (CU has a bye week before KSU too). The stretch of OSU, @CU, @WVU, and KU could determine the success or failure of the season. They have three soft landing games after the KU game before the finale in Ames.

OSU: They open the season against the two time defending FCS championship South Dakota State Jackrabbits. I am not sure who is coming back for that squad but coupled with how slowly OSU started last season, this screams trap game. Why could this be a trap game? Because Arkansas comes to town followed by a trip to Tulsa. 1-2 start is possible but so is a 3-0 start. The Big 12 schedule does them no favors as they open against Utah at home, travel to Manhattan, and then host WVU before a bye week. The next four games appear winnable: @BYU, @BU, ASU, and @TCU. Pokes finish with TT and @CU. OSU might have appeared in two of the last three Big 12 CCG games but I don't feel comfortable pegging them for another trip to Jerry World.

TCU: They open at Stanford and I think they should win that one but you never know with Stanford. They host FCS LIU before hosting UCF in the B12 opener followed by a trip to rival SMU. @KU and UH follow before the bye week. Their next four games are: @Utah, TT, @BU, and OSU before their second bye week. They finish with a home finale against Arizona

Texas Tech: They host a FCS school before going to WSU before hosting UNT. TT hosts ASU & UC before going to Tucson before the bye week. Next four games before another bye are: Baylor, @TCU, @ISU, and CU. Last two games are @OSU and WVU. TT should contend for the Big 12 title this season after an underwhelming season based on preseason hype.

UCF: They host New Hampshire and Sam Houston State before going to TCU for the Big 12 opener. After the bye week they host CU before going to Florida the following week for an anticipated game against the Gators. After that, it's UC, @ISU, BYU, UA, and @ASU before the second bye week. They finish with @WVU and Utah in the season finale. I think the schedule could take a toll on them and maybe keep them out of a bowl game. The health of transfer QB Jefferson will be key.

Utah: They have Southern Utah, @BU, and @USU in their OOC slate. 3-0 in my opinion. Then they get a welcome to the Big 12 invitation to Stillwater before hosting Arizona at home before the bye week. Trio of games follow that bye with: @ASU, TCU, and @UH. After the second bye week it's: BYU, @CU, ISU, and @UCF. That path to Jerry World doesn't seem too difficult for the Utes.

WVU: Got to love that home opener against Penn State although it will be a tough one. Albany made it to the FCS semifinals so they shouldn't be taken lightly and then they go to Pitt for the backyard brawl. 2-1 at worst for the 'Eers. They host Kansas before the bye week. Then they go to Stillwater followed by: ISU, KSU, and @Arizona before their second bye week. They finish with @UC, BU, UCF, and @TT. They should make it to a bowl game but going to Jerry World appears out of the question.

*will go back and work on the earlier teams.
The biggest gap from reality this offseason will be general people expectation from Arizona and Colorado and nothing else will come close. I am not talking about Zona fans or CU/Prime fans but the general population. I feel like people are far more realistic with Washington in 2024 than Arizona.

The biggest gap from reality this offseason will be general people expectation from Arizona and Colorado and nothing else will come close. I am not talking about Zona fans or CU/Prime fans but the general population. I feel like people are far more realistic with Washington in 2024 than Arizona.
Zona is going to struggle. Fisch has a feel for play calling & maximizing QB performance similar to Brohm. Absolute witch. You don't simply replace that and march on.

Zona is going to struggle. Fisch has a feel for play calling & maximizing QB performance similar to Brohm. Absolute witch. You don't simply replace that and march on.
They are losing so much. Cowing was a game changer. I remember the minute he went out the game against us, their WR core dropped 3 notches. Morgan is a 1st round LT. Those are elite college guys. He was a stud. That's just the guys they lost to the draft and didn't replace. Just look at the defense where they got raided or the running game and their QB depth is horrendous when it was the best in the conference, last year. Depth in general is a weakness this year for them whereas it wasn't last year.

This is what happens when you end the year on fire and you end the year like **** like us. Perception changes

Did you not notice the word “if” in my comments about UA? The B12 schedule is favorable for them and getting to Jerry World is a big IF.

As for my CU talk, you put way too much stock into what I said because it is a load of buffalo dung I threw out there. There’s also the apparent lack of a sarcasm font here. I will be happy with a bowl game and nothing else.

Did you not notice the word “if” in my comments about UA? The B12 schedule is favorable for them and getting to Jerry World is a big IF.

As for my CU talk, you put way too much stock into what I said because it is a load of buffalo dung I threw out there. There’s also the apparent lack of a sarcasm font here. I will be happy with a bowl game and nothing else.
I wasn't talking about you or anyone in particular. I am talking about the general expectation from the reality.

Just look at these comments

I wasn't talking about you or anyone in particular. I am talking about the general expectation from the reality.

Didn't read the comments, I just know they better be ready to go against NDSU. I've seen them beat plenty of P5 teams over the years.

I'm seeing a lot of 6-8 win predictions in that post. That's where I'm pretty much at if I am being realistic.

CU looks like they have a good shot for a 6-0 start before that road trip to Tucson. Buff fans from the Big 8 & Big 12 days such as myself will be amped for that game because KSU was easily the most hated Big 12 North team after Nebraska.

we might get upset in the CFP, but there's not a loss on that schedule

Back