What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 CU Buffs Football Eligibility Chart

Looks like Butler needs to be removed, unless you're holding out hope he changes his mind.

Also, Wilkerson walked on senior day and Gustav should be out of eligibility by now or at least graduating soon.

That should be three open scholarships with Gant trying to obtain a waiver for an extra season.

Looks like Butler needs to be removed, unless you're holding out hope he changes his mind.

Also, Wilkerson walked on senior day and Gustav should be out of eligibility by now or at least graduating soon.

That should be three open scholarships with Gant trying to obtain a waiver for an extra season.
Seeing quite a few other names also listed who will hopefully create more scholarship room soon

Do we know if Omar White is even coming?

As far as I can tell, there’s still been no resolution to his rather serious legal situation.

Good call on Butler and Wilkerson. I removed both.

Gustav has one more year of eligibility. He was a 2019 recruit (RS year). 2020 was a free year, and then 21/22/23 were three years. I can't imagine CP lets him take a scholarship for 2024, but until it's announced that he's moving on or he'd been removed from the roster, I'll keep him on this chart.

I added a RS Freshman column and moved some of the guys from last year's recruiting class who I believe fall into that category for 2024.

Looks like we are at 78 scholarships with all the known commitments both HS and portal so far.

Do we know if Omar White is even coming?

As far as I can tell, there’s still been no resolution to his rather serious legal situation.
All intentions are he still plans on coming to CU.

However, it's hard to picture CU admitting him unless his legal situation is completely done and over with, and he's cleared (which he should be btw because it sounds like self defense).

Would be a cherry on top to get him here, as those that have seen the kid play sau he's criminally underrated and one of the top DTs in the country.

All intentions are he still plans on coming to CU.

However, it's hard to picture CU admitting him unless his legal situation is completely done and over with, and he's cleared (which he should be btw because it sounds like self defense).

Would be a cherry on top to get him here, as those that have seen the kid play sau he's criminally underrated and one of the top DTs in the country.
He was a top 100 recruit before the whole legal situation and one of the elite DT’s of this class, he’s only dropped to a low ranking because of the situation and I don’t think he’s played since then or anything like that.

Thought Alton McCaskill was going to stay a Soph as a RS for 2024.

DB room looks pretty solid with upper classmen all over at S and CB. Hope Woods stays and either wins the starting job or takes a RS year to get bigger and comes back to lead the defense next season. He's a decent player. We now need a couple RB and a couple TE's plus BPA. I would like to see a recruit at CB and possibly one more big guy on the DL as a JR or SR.

Thought Alton McCaskill was going to stay a Soph as a RS for 2024.

DB room looks pretty solid with upper classmen all over at S and CB. Hope Woods stays and either wins the starting job or takes a RS year to get bigger and comes back to lead the defense next season. He's a decent player. We now need a couple RB and a couple TE's plus BPA. I would like to see a recruit at CB and possibly one more big guy on the DL as a JR or SR.
Yeah I guess McCaskill is still technically a 3 to play 3 guy. I’ll move him to sophomore class

There's the recruit at DB. Next domino to fall is hopefully another DL. I could also see us taking a second prep RB or a 3 to play RB from the portal. I can't imagine we will land a recruit who is a SR/JR with McCaskill in the mix for next season with Edwards getting alot of Playing Time as well.

Yeah I guess McCaskill is still technically a 3 to play 3 guy. I’ll move him to sophomore class
He is a 2 to play 2 for now. If he decides to apply for a medical hardship redshirt, he would do that after the 2025 season when his two remaining years of eligibility have expired.

Also, unless the NCAA has change something, it would not be 100% given that he would get that. I think there is some gray area here because he dressed for early games and did not participate, then he participated in a few games, and then shut it down for the second half of the season. So I think technically he's eligible to apply but I don't think it's 100% that he would get the hardship granted. I would, however, assume that if it came down to it, he would likely be awarded that third year.

At any rate, I think if he's 100% healthy, he is probably one and done

He has Isaiah Walker and Wilkerson listed, so I think we’re currently at 80 since Wilkerson walked at Senior Day and Walker is no longer coming.
He is a 2 to play 2 for now. If he decides to apply for a medical hardship redshirt, he would do that after the 2025 season when his two remaining years of eligibility have expired.

Also, unless the NCAA has change something, it would not be 100% given that he would get that. I think there is some gray area here because he dressed for early games and did not participate, then he participated in a few games, and then shut it down for the second half of the season. So I think technically he's eligible to apply but I don't think it's 100% that he would get the hardship granted. I would, however, assume that if it came down to it, he would likely be awarded that third year.

At any rate, I think if he's 100% healthy, he is probably one and done
It’s weird. His CU profile said he came to CU with 3 to play 3 since I assume he used a RS in 2022 when he was injured. But we learned that he uses a RS in 2023. So something is incorrect. I agree though, if he stays healthy and plays the whole year, he’s probably gone

He has Isaiah Walker and Wilkerson listed, so I think we’re currently at 80 since Wilkerson walked at Senior Day and Walker is no longer coming.

It’s weird. His CU profile said he came to CU with 3 to play 3 since I assume he used a RS in 2022 when he was injured. But we learned that he uses a RS in 2023. So something is incorrect. I agree though, if he stays healthy and plays the whole year, he’s probably gone
He definitely used a RS in 2022 as he missed the season with the knee and hadn't used a RS prior.
The news reported around him redshirting in 2023 is flatly wrong. The precise way to say it is he shut it down so not to play in 4 games and lose his ability to later apply for a medical hardship, which can only be applied for after all eligibility has been exhausted and you've lost 2 seasons due to injury. I went thru this with 2 kids. Unless there's been a rule change, which I cannot find on the internets, I am quite confident.

He's 2 to play 2 with a likely possibility of gaining an extra year after all of that (and he's preserved that as an option by opting to shut it down, and assumedly with doctors written verification that he was unable to play beyond the games he played in 2023).

The QB depth chart now looks better. Staub showed he can be a QB at this level, with the right offense around him. Plenty of arm, but I think needs to be in a system that gets him moving out of the pocket mostly.

The two transfers coming in have decent ceilings but I think are likely development projects and I could see Staub beating them both out. Good news is there will be competition.

The QB depth chart now looks better. Staub showed he can be a QB at this level, with the right offense around him. Plenty of arm, but I think needs to be in a system that gets him moving out of the pocket mostly.

The two transfers coming in have decent ceilings but I think are likely development projects and I could see Staub beating them both out. Good news is there will be competition.
hard to see how either of the incoming transfer QBs (especially the Vandy one) are upgrades over Staub — probably getting pushed out just cause he wasn’t a Prime recruit

Updated OP with the 4 new transfer commitments. That Senior class is getting large. Looks like we’re up to 82 scholarships with at least two defensive guys from this weekend that haven’t announced yet.

Updated OP with the 4 new transfer commitments. That Senior class is getting large. Looks like we’re up to 82 scholarships with at least two defensive guys from this weekend that haven’t announced yet.
So has their plan all along been to bring in LB’s after spring? They will need some guys to move on or push some out but waiting till then seems odd.

I’m so confused.

So has their plan all along been to bring in LB’s after spring? They will need some guys to move on or push some out but waiting till then seems odd.

I’m so confused.
They're going to cut guys on this roster. Don't think too hard.

As for Staub, he's obviously still #2 on the depth chart. Amy be thinking the two guys we're bringing in have passed him up are dumb.

I’m so confused.
To me, the pressing needs in no particular order are:

2 ILBs
2 DL (probably have this locked up)
1 CB (Hodge or is he a Safety?)
1 RB
1 TE

Have to think we see a handful of attrition after Spring, but yeah I’m not sure what the ILB plan is.

Certainly not, but there's a lot of guys on the roster who've graduated and CU has no responsibility to extend their scholarship.
Yeah, that Senior class has 29 guys in it and I’d bet most of them can transfer as grad transfers. I have to think there will be multiple who find out their last year of eligibility is going to be spent as a backup if they stay at CU and they will choose to leave.

They don’t have near the liberty they did last year to cut players. A lot of guys don’t have a free transfer left.
They can definitely cut them. They’ll just be students if they don’t go elsewhere. NCAA will be weary about denying waivers after recent injunctions.

They're going to cut guys on this roster. Don't think too hard.

As for Staub, he's obviously still #2 on the depth chart. Amy be thinking the two guys we're bringing in have passed him up are dumb.
The 2 guys they are bringing in are unlikely to pass him on the depth chart but I believe he’ll eventually get recruited over, which is why I suggested that it’s wise for him to portal out now if he wants to be a starting QB at some point.

I do understand that it’s not in CU’s interest for him to leave at this time.

Last edited:
Back