What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Transfer Portal News - Please Respect My Decision

For the last couple of years, I've argued that socially aware, concerned athletes should shun schools in states that preach hate, actively restrict blacks, gays, etc. No support for that idea here.

Thankfully, the NAACP and others are spreading a similar message. It's mind-boggling that these kids want to bring glory to places like GA and Ala.

For the last couple of years, I've argued that socially aware, concerned athletes should shun schools in states that preach hate, actively restrict blacks, gays, etc. No support for that idea here.

Thankfully, the NAACP and others are spreading a similar message. It's mind-boggling that these kids want to bring glory to places like GA and Ala.

I like the theme of your message... But using a term "blacks"? We are people, there is correct terminology. Throwing people into a pile of them blacks or whites is not one of them.

I know that these things aren't on the minds of a young (16-22 yo) athlete with dreams of playing in the NFL (or NBA, etc.) but the openness to DEI should be a serious consideration.

Even at the top schools most recruited athletes aren't going to have a pro career. The opportunities, connections, and friendships developed in the college years have a huge impact on the rest of a young person's life.

It says a lot about CU and Colorado as a whole to consider that even without a significant population already here so many of the guys who come to play here end up making this their permanent home. Similar thing with Broncos and other sports.

Grabbed this off 247 free today, I guess it was from last week. They like the quality of the guys we brought in.

Most of the teams mentioned with us, except ORE, Ole Miss, and Texas had some massive departures given coaching changes, others things, etc... Fl. State just had a ton more spots to fill, as they were Senior/NFL laden, then not deep. When I look at a class to USC or T&M landed when taking into account both the inflow and outflow, IMO they did not get much better--sort of break even at best; USC is a loss. CU did not lose a 4* rated transfer (Marvin Ham is still up there, but they are using his HS rating). Hank looks to be the best guy but our RB room is loaded.

IMO, once Green is on campus CU absolutely did awesome with 1st transfer window on paper. Per the rankings, so much more quality in this group than last year. I updated my list on the transfer rankings. Using both 247 (which I think is better) and On3, it looks like CU has about 14 guys in the top 350, which IMO are expected plug-play and/or impact players on whatever team they transfer to. Walter Taylor was #330 and I left him out, since SS will do the QBing, but he could Slash. There is some disparity on both services, for instance Khalil Benson is #450, but the #22 IOL in the portal. PFF has great grades for him, so he probably plays, in essence his is still practically a Top-20 IOL transfer, which is not bad.

In 247, until around #425 in the rankings, those are all P65 teams taking the players with blue-bloods present, not bottom-feeders. In many cases, these are guys teams are counting on to compete as starters right away, or young blue-chip HS guys with huge upside. Mostly all P65 to P65, or very highly rated G5/low division player jumping to a larger division, but these are few and far between compared to last year.

Even when you reach about #670 (CU had 21 under this number) it is still vastly P65 teams with a sprinkling of blue bloods here and there signing these payers. Most are decent programs, on P65 bottom-feeders. I think these guys are expected to compete at some point in their career and/or be great depth/situational pieces. Above 855 is where you see the G5 really involved, few from P65 but maybe bottom-feeders.

The CU signees, I saw that may be undervalued or notable in the rankings:

1. McKinney, they had him around #380, I think he is about #300 maybe better. His film and experience were awesome--could be the best fundamental tackler in the secondary.
2. Nwarnko/Taurean Carter are low; Anquin Barnes too--however, this could be due to the fact they are interior DL and usually those guys do not generate a ton of stats. Their size excites me. They may take double-teams.
3. Phillip Houston--I think they de-valued him as strictly a depth piece, since he is not projected to start.
4. Keaton Wade 247 has him #468, On3 has him #213?? Maybe one has him an edge, and the other a LB. If he moves to the LB room and is a good LB, I'm all ears!
5. Jaylon Wester was #555(247) and #460(On3)--I'm not sure how much of this regards his smaller size and does not take into account his excellent PFF stats against the run. I can't want to see him in person for the Spring Game. I think he has a chip on his shoulder and can play!

For some context on departed CU players, close calls or some others people may recognize:

1. Bedford, IOL signed briefly with CU then at OR--#309
2. Hankerson #317
3. Breedlove #553 went to Purdue (I think this shows how much portal talent is out there, as Breedlove was a decent player but log-jammed on CU's roster)
4. Van Wells #607
5. Jeff Sims (Nub starting QB) #822 unsigned.
6. Chubba Purdy #838

I would love this class even more if we kept Lundy, but Spring fills hope eternal. We will have some departures and will pick up some other guys in the Spring Portal. Overall, I am impressed with this roster build. For what it is worth, Go Buffs!!

Last edited:
Grabbed this off 247 free today, I guess it was from last week. They like the quality of the guys we brought in.

Most of the teams mentioned with us, except ORE, Ole Miss, and Texas had some massive departures given coaching changes, others things, etc... Fl. State just had a ton more spots to fill, as they were Senior/NFL laden, then not deep. When I look at a class to USC or T&M landed when taking into account both the inflow and outflow, IMO they did not get much better--sort of break even at best; USC is a loss. CU did not lose a 4* rated transfer (Marvin Ham is still up there, but they are using his HS rating). Hank looks to be the best guy but our RB room is loaded.

IMO, once Green is on campus CU absolutely did awesome with 1st transfer window on paper. Per the rankings, so much more quality in this group than last year. I updated my list on the transfer rankings. Using both 247 (which I think is better) and On3, it looks like CU has about 14 guys in the top 350, which IMO are expected plug-play and/or impact players on whatever team they transfer to. Walter Taylor was #330 and I left him out, since SS will do the QBing, but he could Slash. There is some disparity on both services, for instance Khalil Benson is #450, but the #22 IOL in the portal. PFF has great grades for him, so he probably plays, in essence his is still practically a Top-20 IOL transfer, which is not bad.

In 247, until around #425 in the rankings, those are all P65 teams taking the players with blue-bloods present, not bottom-feeders. In many cases, these are guys teams are counting on to compete as starters right away, or young blue-chip HS guys with huge upside. Mostly all P65 to P65, or very highly rated G5/low division player jumping to a larger division, but these are few and far between compared to last year.

Even when you reach about #670 (CU had 21 under this number) it is still vastly P65 teams with a sprinkling of blue bloods here and there signing these payers. Most are decent programs, on P65 bottom-feeders. I think these guys are expected to compete at some point in their career and/or be great depth/situational pieces. Above 855 is where you see the G5 really involved, few from P65 but maybe bottom-feeders.

The CU signees, I saw that may be undervalued or notable in the rankings are:
1. McKinney, they had him around #380, I think he is about #300 maybe better.
2. Nwarnko/Taurean Carter are low; Anquin Barnes too--but this could be due to the fact they are interior DL, and usually those guys do not generate a ton of stats.
3. Phillip Houston--I think they de-valued him as strictly a depth piece, since he is not projected to start.
4. Keaton Wade 247 has him #468, On3 has him #213? Maybe one has him an edge, and the other a LB.
5. Jaylon Wester was #555(247) and #460(On3)--I'm not sure how much of this regards his smaller size and does not take into account his excellent PFF stats against the run. I can't want to see him in person for the Spring Game. I think he has a chip on his shoulder and can play!

For some context on departed CU players, close calls or some others people may recognize:
1. Bedford, IOL signed briefly with CU then at OR--#309
2. Hankerson #317
3. Breedlove #553 went to Purdue (I think this shows how much portal talent is out there, as Breedlove was a decent player but log-jammed on CU's roster)
4. Van Wells #607
5. Jeff Sims (Nub starting QB) #822 unsigned.
6. Chubba Purdy #838

I would love this class even more if we kept Lundy, but Spring fills hope eternal. We will have some departures and will pick up some other guys in the Spring Portal. Overall, I am impressed with this roster build. For what it is worth, Go Buffs!!
Why can't I shake this feeling that this is the "credibility phase" of some infiltration and we'll be treated to your unusual views in the political forum soon?

Why can't I shake this feeling that this is the "credibility phase" of some infiltration and we'll be treated to your unusual views in the political forum soon?

I'm just posting about football, as I'm excited about this team. I posted some about hoops as well. Trying to provide some decent information, and get some decent information from others. I'll leave the political discussions to yourselves; I'm sure there are many on a wide variety of subjects. Enjoy.

I'm just posting about football, as I'm excited about this team. I posted some about hoops as well. Trying to provide some decent information, and get some decent information from others. I'll leave the political discussions to yourselves; I'm sure there are many on a wide variety of subjects. Enjoy.
Someone who'd write such a reactionary post wouldn't fare well in the nuanced subtle environment that is the polrel forum. Good riddance!

That's why I deleted. The tweet said that Jack Bailey is transferring to Northwestern.
Finger Up Nick Schonert GIF by Worcester Warriors

Back