What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Transfer Portal News - Please Respect My Decision

Here's something I found on this kid. From Egypt, went to NFL Academy (same place as Kofi Taylor Barrocks), and is 6'4" 330 lbs

Here's something I found on this kid. From Egypt, went to NFL Academy (same place as Kofi Taylor Barrocks), and is 6'4" 330 lbs

Why is he listed here as a transfer?
I hope he works out. I can hear the stadium chanting "Yah-Yah, Yah-Yah"
Apparently he wasn't in high demand:

Attia had other reported offers, from FCS programs Campbell and Long Island. He was under-the-radar of Power 4 programs until Buffaloes offensive line coach Phil Loadholt evaluated him and extended an offer in mid-March."

Last edited:
It seems that with CU's resources the path is a hybrid approach of Hawkins/MacIntyre/Dorrell style of finding developmental guys who don't cost money to sign, a selection of 2nd tier transfers that lower end B1G/SEC sign, and then loading up to get a collection of guys who have offers from the elite programs. We can't afford the Ohio State roster.

Reactions: GRM
It seems that with CU's resources the path is a hybrid approach of Hawkins/MacIntyre/Dorrell style of finding developmental guys who don't cost money to sign, a selection of 2nd tier transfers that lower end B1G/SEC sign, and then loading up to get a collection of guys who have offers from the elite programs. We can't afford the Ohio State roster.
This sounds very entitled, but I'm a bit underwhelmed with the lack of very wealthy friends, business partners and connections that Prime has that seemingly haven't been hit up to help his cause. He has very close, personal relationships with multiple billionaires, some of which are involved in the sport of football, along with countless multi millionaires, yet we are still primarily crowd funding our program's NIL collective through grassroots, small $$ donors.

This sounds very entitled, but I'm a bit underwhelmed with the lack of very wealthy friends, business partners and connections that Prime has that seemingly haven't been hit up to help his cause. He has very close, personal relationships with multiple billionaires, some of which are involved in the sport of football, along with countless multi millionaires, yet we are still primarily crowd funding our program's NIL collective through grassroots, small $$ donors.
Prime knows some aging rappers and a few ex-NFL guys looking for jobs. Billionaires or big multi millionaires, not so much. The CU NIL pool is not deep, as you’ve noted. What CU lacks is a pool of modest 5-10 million dollar net worth guys that are eager to throw $$ into an NIL rabbit hole. It is what it is.

Prime knows some aging rappers and a few ex-NFL guys looking for jobs. Billionaires or big multi millionaires, not so much. The CU NIL pool is not deep, as you’ve noted. What CU lacks is a pool of modest 5-10 million dollar net worth guys that are eager to throw $$ into an NIL rabbit hole. It is what it is.
Prime is very close with Jerry Jones and at least has a relationship with Robert Smith. This doesn’t even mention The Rock, the CEO of Under Armor and his other countless business acquaintances.

Prime is very close with Jerry Jones and at least has a relationship with Robert Smith. This doesn’t even mention The Rock, the CEO of Under Armor and his other countless business acquaintances.
None of those loose acquaintances are ever going to give a nickel to CU. Unfortunately. They just aren't connected to the school or the state. I have a huge respect for Prime's ethics and his time here, but it was never going to translate into a financing juggernaut. And I do hope he stays here for another 3-5 years...

Last edited:
None of those loose acquaintances are ever going to give a nickel to CU. Unfortunately. They just aren't connected to the school or the state.
mother****er, I get it. None of the players Prime has brought in would have ever considered CU, either. It’s 100% Prime and my whole point is that I am surprised that Prime hasn’t leveraged his relationships with some of these individuals to help him succeed.

mother****er, I get it. None of the players Prime has brought in would have ever considered CU, either. It’s 100% Prime and my whole point is that I am surprised that Prime hasn’t leveraged his relationships with some of these individuals to help him succeed.
I get your point Yak. BTW I’m not sure we’re all that far apart on next year. I’m going optimistic with 7 wins and I believe I’ve seen you say 8 or 9. Also, my parents nickname for me was Piece of Dog **** and not mother****er. I spent years in therapy because of that ……It didn’t work; I drove my therapist nuts and he became a serial killer. No good deed goes unpunished.

I started to comment on this from a previous post, but I think one of the number one rules of being wealthy is not directly asking your friends for money for yourself unless it is an official charity effort.

Last edited:
I get your point Yak. BTW I’m not sure we’re all that far apart on next year. I’m going optimistic with 7 wins and I believe I’ve seen you say 8 or 9. Also, my parents nickname for me was Piece of Dog **** and not mother****er. I spent years in therapy because of that ……It didn’t work; I drove my therapist nuts and he became a serial killer. No good deed goes unpunished.
Your parents should post here. Probably instead of you, but we'll cross that bridge in due time.

Your parents should post here. Probably instead of you, but we'll cross that bridge in due time.
I made that up. I actually never knew my real parents. I grew up in a Bulgarian orphanage and was adopted by a very nice couple in New Jersey.

EDIT: I've been posting here lately more out of habit than interest. Either the off season is pretty dull this time or I'm just losing some interest in general.

Last edited:

Nik, I agree on not affording the Ohio St., Texas, Bama, GA rosters . . . but I don't think Prime's approach is a hybrid of Hawk/Mac/KD, as we loaded up on guys in the top-300 of the portal, 12 by my count (I included Walker who was 302, last month)--that is extremely competitive. No doubt, Prime's approach has been portal heavy. I opine the portal is a bit deeper than HS blue-chips in this day and age. I'd say the 247 Top 250, equates roughly to the TP's Top 300-325. All of the schools listed above are going after those guys, unless they have an absolute glut of talent at a certain position. Spring Portal will be interesting, as guys that find themselses 3-4 deep will transfer from all schools. I think 5 factors outside of NIL come into play:

1. A major difference with the elite Top-12 teams is that they enjoy an expected shot every year at the playoffs and a national championship. At least a major bowl game. I think that plays into the equation for guys who are depth peices. I would hope with expanding to a 14 team playoff will make that aspect somewhat easier.

2. I think teams that regularly put players into the NFL is a selling point, over just NIL. IMO, that is every players dream, although like 2% make it. To do this they need an expected route to immediate playing time. The way this particular staff is built, I think that is Prime's vision. We have to see just how successful Prime is at that, outside of his kids and TH.

3. Transfer portal guys are looking to play, and play earlier. Unless they are future depth pieces, they expect to be 1-2 on the depth chart coming in.

4. CU in the Prime era is very interesting. A huge benefit could be the exposure/hype machine. They have invested and drummed up enough interest to be their own "hype machine." All the Youtube videos and coverage. I think that this frustrates the hell out of the local reporters. I never thought someone would put together a 2 part video on a transfer DT, but it is out there. Prime is extremely unique in that he has so many friendships with NFLers, Rap Stars, and others that players are exposed to.

5. As I look at college football roster builds going back decades, it is tough to have multiple blue chips at every position on a roster. IMO, filling a roster with some potential/diamond in the rough guys is just what a team has to do. The high valued guys, first and foremost they expect to see the field and be featured--however those spots are limited. Only like 50 guys really play. Using two CU analogies: other than his inability to recruit a plus QB, Neuheisal's achillis heel was that he was able to sign big name 5*/4* blue-chips, but woefully failed in getting depth behind them--low 3*, WO's... Once the blue chip was committed, the other quality guys looked elsewhere--Neu did not recruit the middle well at all. We snagged top rated "all world" LB Ty Gregorak, he played early, got hurt/banged up and retired from the team after two seasons and we had nothing behind him. He was like a Bosworth flame out in the NFL. When GB was good pre-scandel he re-built the team differently getting some 4*'s (Markus Houston was the 5*), also using the limited transfer portal, and then stacking with high 3*'s as quality back-up/depth and development pieces that would play as Jrs/Srs. What I thought stood out with GB during those early years was the fierce competition and having the best guys play, even if Houston (he was awesome until the knee injury) and Ochs transferred out.

NIL is a big aspect, however I'm not sure it is the end all be all for roster building. Certainly, it is huge for some positions and very elite guys, however I think some coaches "beware of the guy who is just focused on just getting the biggest the bag." Unless the player is a can't miss, that has headache written all over it. Is he willing to give 100%? Can he upset your team chemistry--this happens in pro clubhouses? Will he avoid contact/injury so he can transfer for a larger bag or wait for his NFL payday? What will the NIL benefactors expect, if their guy does not see the field?

This Spring Portal will be interesting. I think there is a ton of value to Spring ball, team building, and staying put--but kids will still use to the portal. I would have loved to have seen what JUJU or Antonio might have done last year, if they were here for Spring ball? For the Buffs and many other teams, it will be about filling areas of need (we need LBs), maybe grabbing a can't miss, and but probably weeding out guys buried on their depth chart.

Last edited:
Is there a universe in which Kevin Plank gives NIL money to anyone other than Maryland?
In a normal situation with a normal coach, no, but when these individuals have personal friendships and relationships and (probably) want to see Prime succeed, I would think there would be some motivation.

Didn't Prime, himself, say that he can pick up the phone and call any Fortune 500 CEO whenever he wants because that's who he is and he's a relationship guy (Paraphrasing)?

Forget Kevin Plank, specifically, my point is that he has relationships with very wealthy individuals and we are made to believe that we have to rely mostly on a grassroots effort by the CU fanbase to fund our NIL collective?

In a normal situation with a normal coach, no, but when these individuals have personal friendships and relationships and (probably) want to see Prime succeed, I would think there would be some motivation.

Didn't Prime, himself, say that he can pick up the phone and call any Fortune 500 CEO whenever he wants because that's who he is and he's a relationship guy (Paraphrasing)?

Forget Kevin Plank, specifically, my point is that he has relationships with very wealthy individuals and we are made to believe that we have to rely mostly on a grassroots effort by the CU fanbase to fund our NIL collective?
Quoting myself here. Maybe Prime's pitch to the elite players is that he is already sponsored by so many brands and will get many of the same brands to sponsor them.

Back