What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Transfer Portal News - Please Respect My Decision

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Sam Hart ain't the answer. Just telling you now.

Lama, I don't really disagree with you. I'm unsettled at TE. I do like the size of the guys in the room better than last year, but we have position converts and Hart. Hart did not really play much to my knowledge. Seems like we might be in the same position as last year with Traore's bust. Traore is not even on an NCAA roster. Metayer fell off a cliff on 247's rankings from #6TE/116 overall down when he signed with CU, to #43 TE/658 overall, as of today. The others have not updated his ranking. It appears not playing well in Spring Camp and departing after 10 practices is a significant rankings hit.

Do you have any intel/thoughts on TE? As of now, it does not look like there is a ton of portal talent available at TE. Maybe some guys entered and re-rank up in the portal, but if they are young; I don't think they fit for this season.

Do you think CU could swing a older commitment who has not enrolled in their new school, and reconsiders with Metayer gone? From the guys committed but not enrolled yet, I see Mark Redman 6'6 255 (SDSU to Louisville, he looks to be about #5-8 TE), Maliq Carr 6'6, 260 (Mich St to Houston he is #3-10TE) and Yurosek 6'4" 242 (Stan to UGA, he goes #5-15TE). Yurosek is more of pass catcher than the other two, but a proven TE weapon, however he is coming off an injury v. CU. I think he would jump to UGA, but maybe does not want to compete for #2-3 spot coming off injury. The other thing I saw is Louisville also has Skinner signed via Miami in the portal, smaller younger guy but rated up there with the others.

The Air Force/Ralston Valley guy Rillos 6'6" 255, recently Grad walk-on committed to Florida. I doubt he is an answer but he played a bunch blocking. He couldn't leave AFA until semester ends. I wondered why he just remained in portal and dropping like a rock, but that is because they do not throw, he did not play Spring ball and is really just a blocker. He would have been a walk-on.

Do you any good feelings about Smalls or Pearson (I think more an H-Back) popping? I have no clue about this position now.

You must be a nicer person than me. Him running down CP and the program - saying they didn't try to coach him, and they are all about clicks . He's low effort and striking out at those that tried to help him. Very much an internet kid - you'd struggle to find an athlete more spoiled and less grateful for his gifts, imo

His comments were meant to make CP and CU look bad in the eyes of other recruits/transfers.
It's not good when there is video directly contradicting the claim that coached didn't try to "coach" him. I only watch a bit of the footage, and even I saw HCP working with him repeatedly. He is going to make himself look bad, and less than honest, if he's not careful.

Lama, I don't really disagree with you. I'm unsettled at TE. I do like the size of the guys in the room better than last year, but we have position converts and Hart. Hart did not really play much to my knowledge. Seems like we might be in the same position as last year with Traore's bust. Traore is not even on an NCAA roster. Metayer fell off a cliff on 247's rankings from #6TE/116 overall down when he signed with CU, to #43 TE/658 overall, as of today. The others have not updated his ranking. It appears not playing well in Spring Camp and departing after 10 practices is a significant rankings hit.

Do you have any intel/thoughts on TE? As of now, it does not look like there is a ton of portal talent available at TE. Maybe some guys entered and re-rank up in the portal, but if they are young; I don't think they fit for this season.

Do you think CU could swing a older commitment who has not enrolled in their new school, and reconsiders with Metayer gone? From the guys committed but not enrolled yet, I see Mark Redman 6'6 255 (SDSU to Louisville, he looks to be about #5-8 TE), Maliq Carr 6'6, 260 (Mich St to Houston he is #3-10TE) and Yurosek 6'4" 242 (Stan to UGA, he goes #5-15TE). Yurosek is more of pass catcher than the other two, but a proven TE weapon, however he is coming off an injury v. CU. I think he would jump to UGA, but maybe does not want to compete for #2-3 spot coming off injury. The other thing I saw is Louisville also has Skinner signed via Miami in the portal, smaller younger guy but rated up there with the others.

The Air Force/Ralston Valley guy Rillos 6'6" 255, recently Grad walk-on committed to Florida. I doubt he is an answer but he played a bunch blocking. He couldn't leave AFA until semester ends. I wondered why he just remained in portal and dropping like a rock, but that is because they do not throw, he did not play Spring ball and is really just a blocker. He would have been a walk-on.

Do you any good feelings about Smalls or Pearson (I think more an H-Back) popping? I have no clue about this position now.
I'm really hoping Shadeur might be able to pull us a "dude." I'm not holding my breath, however. Hart and Smalls might end up being it, primarily as blockers. I don't see either catching more than 10 passes this season if it falls to them to carry the load. Shurmer is probably streamlining our TE packages as we speak, which could be fine given how many other weapons we have on offense. Pearson is a good athlete, but brand new to the position and undersized. Kopetz and Passarello are roster fillers.

Reactions: GRM
It's not good when there is video directly contradicting the claim that coached didn't try to "coach" him. I only watch a bit of the footage, and even I saw HCP working with him repeatedly. He is going to make himself look bad, and less than honest, if he's not careful.
With what he said, he's actually playing into the negative narrative built about him

I'm really hoping Shadeur might be able to pull us a "dude." I'm not holding my breath, however. Hart and Smalls might end up being it, primarily as blockers. I don't see either catching more than 10 passes this season if it falls to them to carry the load. Shurmer is probably streamlining our TE packages as we speak, which could be fine given how many other weapons we have on offense. Pearson is a good athlete, but brand new to the position and undersized. Kopetz and Passarello are roster fillers.
Passarello is basically an offensive lineman

Reactions: GRM
Good luck to him, but why all of you throwing out Dylan's name so much, do you want him to leave?
Shurmur commented about how much he loved Dylan and how a complete part of the offense has him featured, he loves it here, has his NIL deals and is ready to have a fantastic year.
It was the standard, “my girlfriend wants to dump me, she was never who I wanted to be with anyway,” reaction.

I had typed a whole post about how Dylan was never the RB we’d hoped he would be, yada yada. Happy to have never sent that…. Just like a hastily written break-up text.

Good luck to him, but why all of you throwing out Dylan's name so much, do you want him to leave?
Shurmur commented about how much he loved Dylan and how a complete part of the offense has him featured, he loves it here, has his NIL deals and is ready to have a fantastic year.
Who implied that they wanted him to leave?

I loved watching Dylan and wish him well wherever he ends up. But I saw last year that we needed more physicality, not just from OL but also RBs. Is this happening because we're wanting to utilize physical RB's who are more reliable in short yardage and who can also pass block, etc? I still see usefulness in having a speedster in at times, but I can see where Dylan wanted to be major player, not just role player

The courts (rightfully) cut the ncaa off at the knees. The ncaa would love to impose their will again but they can’t.
The NCAA was the problem because they believed they could live in the fairy land of amateur sports, but now that they have lost total control, another entity needs to rise up and fix this and it is NOT the conferences, and it is NOT the networks. This is up to the schools and the players and the people that really care about college football. Bold and Creative is the only option, and I would assume that a whole new layer of crooked sharks have entered the fray as the "Agents" for these players.

Any speculation on who would be pulling him away?

Kansas, Notre Dame, Texas

Back