What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Transfer Portal News - Please Respect My Decision

its just stupid when these guys are switching teams quicker than some dudes switch their underwear
Imagine if everyone in the NFL was no-contract free agency. Pout and refuse to practice, watch film or attend meetings if you don't like how you're being utilized. Sit out the playoffs because you don't want to risk getting hurt ahead of your next payday. Leave your team after the draft or free agency because you don't like that competition was added at your position. Have other teams contacting your team's players year-round to entice them to leave. That's what college football is right now.

Just thinking:

One of the guys I knew, who played for CU, was Kirk Tracy. An undersized OG from Lakewood, he, like many others back then, grew up dreaming of being a Buff.
5' 11", bulked up to 225, all Big 8, 2nd team all-America.

Really a different world. And not better.
It's better.

Imagine if everyone in the NFL was no-contract free agency. Pout and refuse to practice, watch film or attend meetings if you don't like how you're being utilized. Sit out the playoffs because you don't want to risk getting hurt ahead of your next payday. Leave your team after the draft or free agency because you don't like that competition was added at your position. Have other teams contacting your team's players year-round to entice them to leave. That's what college football is right now.
Yeah. This sucks right now.

All combined with the fully developed frontal lobe of a young man. What could go wrong?

In the NFL that would also get rid of guaranteed money, the owners would love it.

In the NFL that would also get rid of guaranteed money, the owners would love it.
Not at all. Owners have a salary cap which forces budget discipline on them as a percentage of the league revenue they get. Only thing dead money guarantees impact is roster flexibility, but only a percentage of owners really care about winning more than they do profitability.

Just thinking:

One of the guys I knew, who played for CU, was Kirk Tracy. An undersized OG from Lakewood, he, like many others back then, grew up dreaming of being a Buff.
5' 11", bulked up to 225, all Big 8, 2nd team all-America.

Really a different world. And not better.
I've known Kirk Tracy and Steve Tracy since I was little. Great guys, kirk was intimidating.

Owens and Hood were high school teammates and both ‘23 recruits. Coach Primes pastor E. Dewey Smith on twitter is hinting these should be guys to keep an eye on.

Imagine being transported from 2019 allbuffs to modern-day allbuffs and learning that info on something called the transfer portal can be found on something called X from Head Coach Deion Sander’s pastor???

Last edited:
Imagine being transported from 2019 allbuffs to modern-day allbuffs and learning that info on something called the transfer portal can be found on something called X from Deion Sander’s pastor???
And how relieving it would be to see that Miami posted that information in multiple locations.

It is completely broken. I hope it works out for CU but this new system is a complete ****in joke and not sustainable. It has sucked the joy out of the college game. At least the NFL has contracts and salary caps and controlled free agency. This college model is a joke

Word is that in that first year it was KD who told RG he thought he could do things without participating in NIL. So, yeah.
Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF

Word is that in that first year it was KD who told RG he thought he could do things without participating in NIL. So, yeah.
I'm pretty sure that's not the case. KD didn't really understand ****, but it was Rick's job to understand it and he completely missed the boat. The only thing that came between Rick George having the worse tenure of a major University AD and where he is now is the unbelievable timing and good fortune of Deion Sanders.

I give RG credit for making it come to fruition, but we were in desperate straights.
But NIL caught this university off guard and it should NOT have. All of us knew what was happening.

I'm pretty sure that's not the case. KD didn't really understand ****, but it was Rick's job to understand it and he completely missed the boat. The only thing that came between Rick George having the worse tenure of a major University AD and where he is now is the unbelievable timing and good fortune of Deion Sanders.

I give RG credit for making it come to fruition, but we were in desperate straights.
But NIL caught this university off guard and it should NOT have. All of us knew what was happening.
Wasn’t Rick George part of some committee on NIL? I think what caught CU off guard was pay for play via collectives, and I don’t think it caught CU off guard, there was just no real donor base for a collective

You left out the piece about President Todd Saliman. Having University leadership that actually gave a **** about the football team was insanely important.

I know you know this and left it out for brevity in your focus on RG.

I seem to remember a ways back, DE excitedly talking about CP having been his Peewee coach and how great it was to be hooked up with him again.

I definitely remember last Friday, when CP talked about how important DE was going to be and how they were developing new ways to use him.

Imo, this is something more than wanting a change of scenery, or a little more money. But hell, I don't know.

The portal and NIL are quickly diminishing the excitement I felt when we landed Prime.
I net Prime feels the same way about Prime
This BS game is ruining the real skill and brilliance that is Prime and if all things were on equal footing, I think Prime would field a top 10 team in CFB every year

Back