What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Transfer Portal News - Please Respect My Decision

Does HIPAA apply when you commit a crime with a pathogen you know you're carrying?
Possibly. Laws get muddled.

If someone who has a mild case of Covid chooses not to quarantine and spreads the disease, did they commit a crime? What about the flu?

One argument is that if you choose to participate in certain activities (sex or even just being in a public place), you are agreeing to take on a risk. Personal privacy on your medical records trumps the public's interest in knowing your health status.

But some laws have moved the line from total privacy to personal responsibility. I.e., if you know you have HIV you're being an asshole if you have have unprotected sex with someone without disclosing the risk to them. That the other party doesn't have the responsibility of assuming that risk is baked into any hook up.

Do we know who we are going to target for Feb? Or is there any more slots open? TE? LB? Center? More DT?
If somehow we get our OT, LB and DL today then I think we would just be looking for another TE and LB or two and then just best players available. Definitely would be nice to get a "utility" lineman like Bedford was.

I’m ok with punter, it’s not being able to kickoff ……can’t tell me there isn’t a guy in Boulder already who can do that…
We have a Top 25 punter. Probably Top 10 since he's shown a consistent avg of over 44 yards for 2 straight seasons along with (without a deep dive into stats) what seems to be a high rate of pinning teams vs touchbacks. I have no idea why anyone has a concern about our punt team other than needing to upgrade depth for blocking & coverage.

We have a Top 25 punter. Probably Top 10 since he's shown a consistent avg of over 44 yards for 2 straight seasons along with (without a deep dive into stats) what seems to be a high rate of pinning teams vs touchbacks. I have no idea why anyone has a concern about our punt team other than needing to upgrade depth for blocking & coverage.
Other than when Mason Crosby or Ben Kelly happens, I think fans hate their own special teams because they just think of it as a part of the game that should just function as expected 100% of the time.

Other than when Mason Crosby or Ben Kelly happens, I think fans hate their own special teams because they just think of it as a part of the game that should just function as expected 100% of the time.
To the point where a punt that doesn't look pretty but bounces for a 50 yard net causes fans to groan about it as a sh!tty punt with a lot of luck.

There's a lot of "style points" versus focusing on results with evaluations of the kicking game.

I don't think anyone has a concern with the punter, but the special teams.... and I'll type this slowly.... as a whole was not good. There were more than a few cases of punts almost being blocked, kicks too.

Frustrated Fuck My Life GIF

Back